- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Slow start but it gets better in the next chapter 

 

The first day I found out I had the shrinking virus was one of the worst of my life. Up until last week I would have said it was the worst. Ever since it first started two years ago ever man had been going for blood tests twice a year to check if they had it. My first three had been fine but now as I sat and looked down at the letter I could tell that my life was about to change. It told me that I had the virus and that I would need to come in for treatment or one day I might just shrink to 1ich tall out of the blue. I had herd the same story’s as ever one else. People that had shrunk when on the tollote and whose wife’s or mums had then come in and not noticed them in the bowl and just gone about their business and flushed after sending their loved ones down the drain. Before the treatment hundreds of people had shrunk in the street and ended up as nothing more than a stain on the sole of someone’s shoe.

In the weeks that came after me finding out I had the viruses my wife was a rock. She was by my side day and night. My wife Kate is the best thing that ever happened to me she is 31 and far to good looking and rich to even look once at someone like me let alone twice! The fact that she said yes when  I asked her out five years ago still blows my mind. She is a writer by trade and is worth a hell of a lot! Her family are very rich and hated the  fact that she wanted to marry someone like me. I have no job and just work at a charity shop part time. Her mouther and ant where all ways trying to make her leave me and go off with someone else even when I was in the room with them!

“I love you so much” Kate told me as we left the hospital. “ I love you to babe” I said kissing her neck. As far as we knew the viruses was out of my system but I had been told to rest for a few days. Our house was half way through being repasted and I was in no shape to travel to far so we were driving to my in-laws huge house. As we pulled up I could see my mother in law waiting for us. Kate’s farther had passed away two years ago. Kate embraced her mother before helping me out of the car.

“Hello Penelope” I said.

“Hello Paddy” She said coldly.

Penelope was 53 years old but still looked very good. She was around five foot nine slim with big breasts and long shapely legs. Her long hair is all most all gray but I bet she still gets a lot of looks from boys even younger than me! To day she is dressed in a black dress that comes down to her knees and on her feet are a pair of simple black leather sandals that still cost more than most woman would have in a year.   

 

To tell you the truth it is all most to painful to tell you what went on over the next day.  It is all a bit of a blur anyway. The tense meals with my loving wife and her stuck up mother . Laying down in my bed with a sick pain in my head. My wife lening in to kiss me and telling me she loves me and will be back from shopping in half an hour.  Waking up in pain . looking at the two huge sandal clad feet.  The fear. The evil look on her face.  The hand comeing down. Me begging her to be kind and take me to my wife. The finger flicking out to my face. The pain. Then darkness.              

Now I awake once more in a cramped dark space. There is blood on my nose from where Penelope flicked my in the face. And my neck was stiff. There was hardly any air and no light in this tiny craped space . I tried to sit up but I could not the roof was only a hair berth from my face. My mind was racing. I knew   Penelope hated me but how could she do this to me. Knock me out and lock me up somewhere.  I began to panic what if she had just dropped me in the bin? Or left me to die in a bag somewhere. But then I heard the voices.