- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
EARTH-08112009
(4 MONTHS EARLIER)
* * * * *

It was a weird assortment who materialized in the middle of the barren landscape. Verta was the tallest of the three. Holding Valerie Arcoymicc in the palm of her right hand with no problem, whatsoever. And Valerie, in turn, held Claire Martin in _her_ right hand as the latter made the requisite introductions.

"Ladies? This is our hostess...Vanessa Combs."

* * * * *

THE IMPERIAL PALACE,
PLANET ARCHAVIA
(4 MONTHS LATER)

RAY VENN'S P.O.V.

The Emperor of the Titans had personally asked me to outline the potential danger to his homeworld. So, I did.

I started off by explaining about the multiverse, in general. Followed by a concise lecture about the various races who commute through it as easily as the Titans travel through outer space! Size-changers; sizevamps; GTS-goddesses; mini-goddesses; and Morphers.

"The Morphers hate all single-shape races. And, Bubla is the first of that people to become a GTS-goddess! I don't know how she gained the power to entrance others with a kiss. But, the sizevamp that was smuggled here has long-since revealed the existence of your world to her, through the psychic link she established with that kiss!"

"But, why should she want to destroy our world?" asked the Emperor: "We pose no threat to anyone. Or, at least, no one who does not first threaten us!"

"You're pretty technologically advanced, though," I reminded him: "Even more so than her own people! So, she might try to usurp your rulership purely as a means of using that technology to take over her world. As a way of gaining revenge for them sending her into exile in the first place."

The Emperor half-smiled down at me.

"Such a feat would be difficult, to say the least. For, as you just pointed out, our technology is quite advanced. Especially, that of our armed forces! I'm sure that the latter would have very little problem repulsing any invasion attempts by this Bubla. No matter how tall she might be by Terran standards!"

I frowned as I replied: "With all due respect, Your Majesty. Have you ever read a science fiction novel called WAR OF THE WORLDS?"

The Emperor shook his head. So, I continued.

"You should have one of your patrol ships intercept the E-book version. You might find it quite enlightening."

"I couldn't agree, more!" exclaimed a new voice.

That is; new to everyone else present. Me? I was all too familiar with it. Seeing as she had liked to crash all the fraternity keg parties back at Nusi Academy (much to the incessant annoyance of the Masterchemi).

It was Rose Crusher. All six hundred feet of her! And, before I could even open my mouth to identify her, she had dealt a left hook to ImpSec Agent Barco Lounjah. Followed by a right cross to Captain Artura Lamrev. And, concluding with a right-footed kick to my jaw!

She then flung Paula Drake over her right shoulder in a fireman's carry...before teleporting away as quickly as she had come.

That was when I lost consciousness, completely.

tbc
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry for any brevity after so long a delay. I had to re-read the first 22 chapters just to refresh my memory!