- Text Size +

The first few seconds after a massive bomb, or explosion, are very unique.  Time seems to literally stop, as if somebody pressed the pause button on everybody and everything involved.  There are hardly any feelings, let alone any thoughts, running through the minds of those affected.  The only sound that can be heard is a lifeless ringing, meaning nothing and everything at the same time.  These few seconds last longer than most people perceive an entire day.  What these unique and precious moments might stem from is almost impossible to tell.  Maybe it’s from an intense emotional state of disbelief, or maybe awe.   It’s possible, even, that it could be fear.  Fear in its purest, most destructive, form.

Whatever these immeasurable moments are, Parker and the beautiful girl in the white dress were trapped within them.  The girl, her wavy brown hair hiding parts of her face, had her gaze locked on the tiny creature in the sink.  She was immobile.  Parker was paralyzed as well, meeting her auburn eyes with his.  This was now a chess game, who would make the first move?  What would that move even be?  The decisive move came from neither Parker nor the girl.

Two girls burst through the bathroom door, chatting and giggling about the night’s recent events.  Whether or not they noticed that they just walked in on such an otherworldly situation is irrelevant, as the young woman swiftly snatched Parker with her giant fingers, enclosing him in the grasp of her palm without a squeak.  In a fit of nervousness, she speedily grabbed her handbag with her other hand and darted for the bathroom stall furthest away from the girls who just walked in.  She sat down in the stall and paused, leaving the tiny man in the prison of her hand.

Trapped in darkness yet again, Parker did not even attempt to struggle.  Beginning to regain whatever was left of his wits after such a long succession of intense sequences, he realized that whatever confident feelings that he had for the day were exhausted.  He was scared. 

Why is she not acknowledging me anymore? What’s wrong with her?

It began to cross his mind that this girl might not be as benevolent as he originally thought.   Parker began worrying again, fearing the worst.  After the experience with the amazon, he had seen what terror people were capable of.  He began to breathe heavier and heavier as her palm became clammy, or maybe it was him.  He didn’t care, as each second felt longer than the next.  He wanted the uncertainty to end, whatever the end result would be.

The girl stared at her closed hand.  She half expected that the minuscule man wouldn’t be there when she opened it.  Slowly, she placed her free hand under the one holding the man, so that she would be sure not to drop him when she released him.  Taking a long, deep breath, she lifted each finger one by one, uncovering the obviously-petrified man.  

Parker almost wished that he would have stayed near Victoria’s putrid boot as his captor slowly released her hold on him.  Regularly, contact with attractive women drove him into a pit of shyness.  Now, he was comfortably fitting inside of the palm of what was quite easily one of the most beautiful girls he had ever seen, her attention undividedly on him.  The situation was even more awe-inspiring than any of his others at his diminished scale; the experience of such a titanic being holding and looking at you was almost too much to handle for him.  Sinking further into her palm, as if it would grant him some refuge, Parker looked up at the girl, fearing the worst.  She took a painstakingly long look at him, as if she was trying to fully wrap her mind around the situation before she made a move. 

Just…say something already, please.

Ever so slowly, her eyebrows rose.  Then, her plush lips began to curl upwards.  Parker was about to explode.

What is she…?

The girl quickly raised her free hand to her mouth to stifle…a laugh.  She never took her spotlight-like eyes away from the tiny man sitting in her palm, who was now thoroughly confused, but nonetheless still petrified.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry.  You’re just so…tiny! And…Where are your clothes?”  The girl whispered with a cute giggle, almost as if the idea of shrinking was not completely alien to her.  At this, Parker’s face again twisted with worry and embarrassment, and he pointlessly crawled back further in her smooth hand.

“No, no!  I’m not going to hurt you, little guy,” the brunette leaned in closer to Parker, her face softening as if she was looking at a newborn puppy for the first time.  She began to talk faster with her light and airy voice, getting more excited as she spoke.  “I’m sorry…I’m just a little surprised.  It’s real then, isn’t it?  When does it wear off?  You must have done it before.”  

What is she talking about?

Parker said nothing; he could hardly even breathe.  The girl was intimidating him to the point of silence.  Her eyebrows rose further with the anticipation of his answer.  When she received none, she let out a heavy sigh, her breath washing over Parker’s entire body like the warm summer air.  She finally broke eye contact with Parker, looking off to the side in an obvious state of thought.  After a few seconds, her face began to change.  Her look of curiosity and compassion turned into one of anger and disgust.  Parker’s impression of the girl as some impeccable goddess began to fade, his rational side telling him that he was dealing with a highly emotional teenager, which could be more dangerous than any angry amazon woman.

“Wait wait wait…is that what you people do? You spy on girls during the effect?  I’m so stupid...You’re just a perverted little bug! After the day that I’ve had?!”  The angel of a girl quickly flashed her mean side, her face looking even more humiliated than it did at dinner that night.  Parker swore that her eyes began to well with tears.  Again, another life-threatening situation trampled his uneasiness and cautious mind.  

“No, no!’ Parker screamed, partly in exasperation and partly to make sure that his emotionally unstable imprisoner would hear him.  At this, the massive young woman glared at Parker, her judging eyes ready for his rebuttal.  “I…I...I have no clue what you’re talking about!  I was slipped something last night and I woke up like this!  If…If you know how to reverse this…Please!  I’m just a cubicle worker!”  Parker pleaded, even begged for her understanding, eventually hanging his head with the all-too-familiar feelings of uselessness overcoming his efforts.

Wiping her eyes, the goddess-like girl flatly stared at the quivering man in her palm, internally debating over his fate, which was now literally in her hands.  She was in a jam.  The appearance of the situation told one story, the man’s words and demeanor told another.  Parker struggled to read her; her different expressions telling conflicting stories.  One minute she seemed like she wanted to cuddle with him, another minute crush him with those sophisticated heels of hers.   He didn’t know if it was because of her apparent curiosity with the mythical drug, the occasional lustful look in her eyes, or because of the fact that she seemed a little too excited whenever he reacted fearfully to her, but he saw a brief look of sympathy on her face as she opened her mouth, ready to address him.

“GAH!” Parker screamed in pain, clutching his head.  The pain was extremely similar to the one that he experienced while shrinking.

“What?! What is it?”  The girl worriedly leaned in close to the pained man, looking him over to see if anything was wrong. 

Parker closed his eyes, and the excruciating agony ceased.  When he opened his eyes, he was no longer looking up at a beautiful face.  He was looking down at one.

“What do you mean you can’t pay me you stupid little Barbie?!” 

Parker felt like he had just entered a dream.  The world around him was hazy, everything that he heard sounded robotic and echoic, and he had no feeling in his body.  Everything was dark and colors were under-saturated.  He was looking through someone else’s eyes, and it was a marvelous perspective.   He was staring down at a pretty blonde teenager in a burgundy dress, which he recognized from his near-encounter with her earlier.  She looked much, much smaller, however.  The girl was no taller than this person’s knee.  She looked like she was about to faint from fear.  His surroundings were definitely outdoors, but it was unclear exactly where.

“It…It didn’t work!”  The blonde responded.

Well obviously, you puny imbecile.  Who did you take it with?”  Whoever’s body Parker was within questioned.

“This girl...Ava.  I slipped it in her drink at dinner.”

You stupid bitch!  Didn’t you listen to me?  I told you, it doesn’t work on the same sexY!”

“Oh shit!...I’m really sorry…Just please let me…”  The blonde put her head down and took a few clumsy steps back.

NO! I have other plans for you, Barbie…”  At that, Parker’s host leaned down and made a lunge for the midget-looking girl.

“AH!”  Parker snapped back to reality, panting and sweating after the out of body experience, rolling over in the girl’s palm.  He was back in his own body, the concerned and confused face of the young brunette alarmingly close to him.  Parker hardly jumped when he saw her.  Instead, he was preoccupied as another stunning realization hit him.

“She’s here.”  Parker quietly and definitively said to himself.

“What?  You’re going to have to talk a little louder at your size, jeez.”  Parker ignored the girl, focusing on the strange, psychic-like experience he had just had. 

It must be another effect of the drug. But the voice, the height, the drug talk. It has to have been the amazon.

Parker wanted to continue pondering the significance, or plausibility of the sequence, but the girl poked Parker with her mighty index finger, startling him out of his thoughts.

“I’m still here, tiny!  Do you even have a name?”

“It’s…It’s Parker.”

“Well, I’m Ava.  Listen Parker, you’re confusing me.  And I can’t trust you.”

Ava…Wait, her blonde friend!

“Stop doing that!  You’d think that I would be able to command your attention a little better….”

“Ava!” Parker desperately called to her.  “Listen, please!”

“No, you listen little guy.  I’ve had a rough week.  Heck, I’ve been by myself all night.  The way I see it, you must have chosen to take that drug, or whatever it is.  I think I deserve to have a little fun and blow off some steam until you can prove otherwise, don’t chya think??”

Terror quickly filling his person, Parker began to scream up at the irrational girl, hoping that some part of her wasn’t driven by emotions.  “Please!  You have to listen!  I have a friend here, she’ll tell you!”

Ava only flashed a devilish smile as she cut him off by effortlessly picking him up in between her fingers, stopping right in front of her face.  Parker could see the bits of coal-black mascara on her elongated eyelashes, swallowing hard as he looked her gargantuan face up and down.

“Lighten up Parker, it’ll be fun! Now, seeing as I have no pockets and I don’t want you to get attacked by the cosmetics in my purse again…Where should I put you?”  She didn’t wait for a response, happily exclaiming, “I know!”  She unexpectedly lowered Parker down her dress and into her ample cleavage, which was covered by her dress.  She carefully allowed his head to poke out so that he could still breathe.  As Ava adjusted her bra, the plush mounds squeezed Parker with the perfect amount of force, enough to keep him in place but still not enough to crush him.

Ava snagged her bag and skipped out of the bathroom, ignoring Parker’s almost-inaudible yelps, saying to herself, “I guess I ended up getting a date after all!”    

 

Chapter End Notes:

Happy summer, everybody!