- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Quite a bit less intense than the first chapter, PG-13 I'd say.

I was at the lake.  We were in our boat when we saw her.  I poked my brother in the arm and pointed.  She rose above the trees that lined the lake.  You could them parting for her, their roots tearing near the surface as she surged past.  She was headed towards the beach, where more than a few families were enjoying the Memorial Day sun.  I saw the Wyatts, all six of them, the two youngest waiving their hands and feet from their baby blankets.  We frantically started screaming, waiving for them to get into the water.  As she grew near the tree line, we could see her at her full magnificence.  She had to be nearly two hundred feet tall, jet-black hair hanging in curls at her shoulders.  Her steely blue eyes flashed in amusement as she peered down at the beach.  
 
It was amazing that a couple dozen people could somehow miss the noise she made crashing through the forest, but perhaps the boat engines were louder over on that side of the lake.  Catching all of them by surprise, she emerged onto the beach, one red painted foot and then the other crashing down, sending chunks of wet sand flying everywhere.  Obviously caught in longer than a moment of stupor at the incredible sight, both young and old stood frozen at the sight.  Smiling at the crowd far below her, she crawled down onto all fours, nearest my gym teacher, Mr. Doyle, who was previously reading a book under the shade of his umbrella.  He stumbled, approaching her to both his and my amazement.  She crawled towards him, brushing a flock of curls behind her ear, never taking her big blue eyes off of him.  Her movements were smooth and powerful, like a big cat, his were pathetic, cowardly steps, trembling before the incredible body in front of him.  
 
"Huh...hi."  Mr. Doyle finally spit out once he felt she was in hearing distance.  Her face surged forward, to within about a dozen feet of the tiny gym teacher.  He fell to his knees, shaking uncontrollably.  Without a sound, her mouth closed the gap between the two, clamping down on him with her lips and dragging him head first off the ground.  His legs flipped around as her head jerked up, his body buried up to his knees in her mouth.  She flipped her head back and cracked her lips open enough to slide her tongue all the way underneath him and drag him into her mouth.  Snapping her jaws shut, she again flipped her head back, as well as her eyes as she visibly and audibly swallowed my teacher alive.  The noise was loud enough to reach us, and we were at least three hundred yards from the site.  For the first time, we heard her voice: "MMMMMMMmmmmm."  All it took was a second for everyone on that beach to set to motion.  There is no way to properly describe the scene, but I'll try.  The screams hit first, loud soprano notes from the women and children, horrified curses from the men.  Sand being kicked in every direction as people ran in every direction.  After swallowing Mr. Doyle, she stood to her full height, and began stomping on those nearest her deadly feet.  Again and again they pumped up and down, each time extinguishing the life of someone I knew.  Some I had known for years, spending formative summers at this lake.  The cabin had been passed down for two generations, three now with this being the first in my possession.  Each time her foot came back to the earth, another perished.  The mayor and his wife, the weird guy and his brother who spend all day looking for worms and all night fishing.  My Wyatt was screaming at his wife, dragging her by her arm away from their picnic spot, all of his wife's attention on the beach towel with their two infant daughters still helplessly laying there.  The shadow falling over them as the foot descended.  The beautiful, young, smooth, perfectly formed foot.  She had aimed the sole of her big toe perfectly, and when it raised, the sand was a bloody mess.  Mrs. Wyatt found her hidden mother strength and ripped herself free from her husband's grasp.  She threw herself into the ankle of the towering teenager, pounding with her clenched fists and screaming at the top of her lungs.  The giantess let forth a laugh as she used her non-planted foot to send the tiny woman flying into the sand on her back.  She giggled as she aimed the ball of her foot at Mrs. Wyatts face and stepped on it, creating another mess in the horribly soiled sand.  
 
I finally came to my senses and grabbed my brother' arm.  We started the motor to our boat and pointed it in the direction of the parking lot.  While he piloted our Boston Whaler, I stood up and turned to my right to watch the scene.  The humongous...girl I guess she was, had entered the lake, and playing a game with those trying to swim away.  We hit a wave and I fell to my seat just as her enourmous maw swooped down into the water to scoop up another victim.  Each time emerging from the water with it trailing off of her pronounced chin as a lump filled her throat and moved it's way south.  Hard to believe those lumps were people.  It didn't take her long to finish off the swimmers, and I felt my heart fill with fear as her deadly gaze drew in our direction.  There were too many other boats, we weren't going to make it.  By the time we reached the center of the lake, so did she.  She was on her knees and the water was at her navel.  She went from boat to boat, flipping it over and dumping its inhabitants into the water.  We were coasting, and unfortunately were coasting right into her.  As she waded forward, we came up from her side and floated right in front of her, eventually crashing into her belly.  At the moment of impact, an intangible feeling of dread came over me, and I heard screaming and wailing.  Horrible pain was being inflicted on someone.  At that moment I realized the sound was coming from inside the giantess.  It hit me that no more than ten feet from where I was, a cauldron of heat and burning and pain was working it's foul magic on people I knew.  I didn't want it to be me in there.  
 
Again snapping out of my stupor, I dove from the boat and began swimming for the parking lot.  She had found a large pontoon boat and was dragging tiny screaming people from the water and depositing them on it.  I didn't look back and swam as hard as I could, finally reaching shore a couple of minutes later.  As I began to slink out of the lake, I glanced around to see where she was.  About three hundred feet down shore, she had beached the boat, and sat herself down next to it, examining her prisoners.  I took off down the path leading to the parking lot and realized I had lost my brother.  Desperately, I looked in all directions, hoping he would appear.  He didn't.  Shit.  He was either in the lake, or on that beach.  If he was in the lake, he was somewhat safe for the time being, so I decided to see if he was where I didn't want him to be.  
 
I was able to get within about fifty feet of her, hiding behind an outhouse.  She was facing me, with the boat sort of in her lap.  I was as stealthy as possible as I approached my hiding spot.  It fucking reeked.  I tried to hold my breath as I crept around to where I could see, but it all came out of me at once when I saw her stuff my brother into her mouth.  I jumped out, screaming: "NOOOOOOoooo."  The sadistic bitch heard me because she turned and stared right at me, maybe right through me...and started chewing.  The sound was absolutely disgusting.  I turned and ran back towards the parking lot, and all I could hear was that crunching, accompanied by her satisfied: "Mmmmmmm."  All I could see was her smiling before she bit down and mangled him.  I was slightly grateful I had turned away before she finished him.  Only saw the first two chews.  Chew.  Chew.  She was so fucking cruel.  Slowly grinding him for my pleasure.  Chew.  Chew.  "Mmmmmm."  
 
I couldn't believe when I reached my car and didn't feel her hot breath on my back.  As I jumped in and started it up, I again saw her mighty jaws close around my brother in my mind's eye.  It was obvious why I was still alive.  This bitch was just plain mean.  Chew.  Chew.  How can I ever get that image out of my head.  That horrible, horrible sound?  "Mmmmm."  How can you make such a pleasurable sound the second after you violently and cruelly ended someone's life???