- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for great reviews - after three chapters and no rating plus two review I was getting worried nobody got through - perhaps that "2300+ read count" was just "OMG A Wall Of Text - that's my cue to leave!". But I knew I can count on You, dear Readers and kept adding. But! I would also love to learn some particulars about it - like for instance:
    Are the characters convincing - are they believable? maybe too simple, or perhaps overdone?
    Are the long descriptions boring? - the story has hardly started after almost 20k words and although I have been trying to put some action in between...
    Have I already lost You struggling to figure out what happened when and why, who's daughter is doing what for when and how exactly are You to find any sense in this mess?
    Is my writing style of continuously nesting various clauses without any concern for the Reader's ability to decrypt a seemingly endless recursive and often unrelated (although I am at least trying to avoid using parentheses in the story text (which would probably complicate it even more (but still sometimes result in strange effects (which is a problem I often encounter (using too many parentheses, that is))))) to each other sentences creating somewhat problematic grammatical constructs difficult to read?

Or anything that annoys You, dear Readers - or You think could make the story better! Keep in mind this it my first attempt to write anything bigger... (and am probably failing miserably at it (especially given the amount of parentheses in the notes)).






Nicole lays on her back in one of her mother's zones trying not to move at all. She thinks about her little growing web of intrigue. The plan regarding the graduation was just the beginning – the Amber's one, of course, even though right now she is readying for hers today.

She lets out a long yawn – she had to get up early today, actually needed to ask Erica to wake her up because these silly temp wristcoms simply don't seem to have any functions.. - but regrets opening her mouth a bit, when she feels a tiniest prickle on the tip of her tongue. She forgot they were still working on her lips. Oh well, they will have to get other vehicles and crews to do that, she concludes sealing her lips. But she reminds herself not to repeat this, since she did not want to be late for her party – or show up without the makeup.

It always frustrates her how long it takes for micros to apply it.. and how much heavy machinery it seemed to require. So many micros and equipment... She had to lay still for hours not to prepare for any celebration... She is surprised, however, that she actually felt the massive vehicle exploding on her tongue. Huh.. at least that's how the micros described it... Although many machines were actually noticeable for her – many years ago she would not even think the micros were capable of constructing moving contraptions that big. Buildings were a different matter – and even then anybody could put up a bunch of dirt together to make bigger towers than the micros did.. or whatever was it they were using to make them.

And of course even despite the machines “massiveness” it still took hours for several of them to apply lipstick. She did not even feel others that fell deep into her throat... pathetic. She remembers how mothers praised not having to do it themselves – as apparently before the shutdown they could manufacture various tools for improving ones look. Cosmetics they were called – if she recalls correctly – and now their restricted assemblers are unable to produce them.

She heard it took mothers a long time for micros to come up with some materials and ways of applying them that would not break while de-dilating on their skin. She hasn't really paid any attention in school to what the mechanism was, but the implication is that she cannot remove anything from the zone that is not very closely on her. She can move things across the zones, but not out to their quarters. It was so annoying, the micros had to make sure the materials settle in and properly de-dilate... It would be so much easier to do it herself – especially how the micros seemed to fail miserably at everything like just now.

She also thinks how ridiculous it is to get off by crushing micros or whatever it is the others are doing with them. She sometimes even feels amused watching the ever more ways they come up with to use micros on her bodies or whatever – but it just feels so silly.

Sure, ramming some buildings in her pussy or ass was nice every now and then – but given the current scarcity of micros, you couldn't do that too often. And why would want to you, in the first place... how horny some women must be to constantly look for micros to stimulate themselves with. Amber for instance always seems to look for something to crush, play with or whatever she is doing with micros nowadays. Ridiculous, but also good for Nicole – it will be so much easier to ensure Amber's obedience by offering help with obtaining what she needs.

That is the real power – being feared and respected, making others listen to her and do what she wants. Sure micros do all that – but it is so trivial to make them.. just enter a zone and you are done. No, the real power is to influence other Caretakers. She has always envied her mother that... How is she doing that anyway – other mothers seemed too experienced and powerful for this. She could see the effects of Erica's authority so many times – sometimes even when everybody else wanted to do otherwise, she managed to turn them around – and seemingly without any threatening or fighting and often not using any logical reasons. Like when she forced everybody to conserve micros.. why would she even care about that? She remembers how Rachel was trying to convince them for years using various arguments with no effect – but when Erica said so, it just happened.

Well, it was probably the same with them as with Amber and Kate – once you knew enough about them, learned what makes them tick, you could steer them to accomplish your goals. She wonders what is it that really interests Kate – up until recently Nicole thought she was a lot like her: some play and pleasure with micros, some conversation with others, also liked getting some appreciation for whatever she was doing... just everything, maybe except the control part. But recently she just vanished in her zone – even before she was preparing for it. What was she doing down there? Well, whatever – as long as she was her friend, it does not matter.

Oh yes, she thinks of Kate – sweet, sweet Kate. Her smooth skin, shapely breasts, deep brown eyes and straight dark hair, curiously . She wonders how most women prefer to keep the hair rather short to make its care easier. She was taught to keep it economic as well, but it did add a certain.. style the person's look. Only Lauren and Kate let their hair grow below neck and she knew Andrea's mother was spending a lot of time and effort to maintain a nice form. Well, it wasn't her effort, obviously – she simply has a lot of micros to do that... - the hygiene pods they have could hardly be used for anything more than cleaning body filth and odor – and to have them work on her hair.. she has never seen the facilities Lauren uses, but they must be very complex. As for Kate, it seems she has it naturally smooth and soft – which makes her ever more beautiful, in a way. The funniest part about Kate's hair though is that she only got it recently, when preparations for her graduation were more important than getting a cut... Maybe she should grow hers as well? Maybe these long manes would bring them even closer together?

But Nicole isn't exactly sure what attracts her to Kate. Her beauty isn't especially sophisticated – any some other girls looked like this.. just not quite. Perhaps it is just her plain nicety that she appeals to Nicole – they were always friends. Or at least as friendly as Caretakers can be to each other – it seemed.

One more thing that surely makes Nicole want her intimacy, is that Kate is not easy. Nicole is pretty sure she is still a virgin – sure they had some fun with micros, but if she had any real sex, then Nicole would know about it. The very idea to have sex with any mother seemed absurd - you could just as well want to be fucked by a wall or have intercourse with the medbed, although she suspected Amber might have tried the latter... Kate was not wicked and devious enough to use the thirds somehow and the last possibility was one of the firsts - but they would immediately make the fact well known – it became sort of contest among them who will be first to fuck the next generations. Amber was easy for instance, she imagined all it took for her to give in was a party with a stash of micros. Nicole hated herself for giving her first time so easily – when you have a perspective of immortal life, the first time every kind of activity you perform becomes very special. And sex is most certainly the most intimate and personal... It is certainly not nice when somebody makes a trophy out of it. Yes, she really blames and hates firsts for it – and her mother that she did not warn her – and others for... in fact she could find reasons for hating everybody.

Maybe except Kate.. sure they had problems, they fought at times, even hurt each other – but always seemed to get together smoothly. Was this the reason Nicole found her attractive? If so, that could be dangerous – she has seen this time and again: emotions are dangerous. The only possible reason to show them is to suggest others that you are natural, genuine. Even exercising anger is pointless – she learned that from Erica. She was never angry – or at least has never shown it. Displaying emotions made her predictable.. made her vulnerable... made her weak. And this is why she must not show Kate what she really feels for her. Her mother knew better than that. And she tried to follow her.

But now she has to finish her makeup and prepare for her party. This is so boring, why couldn't those micros work any faster? Are they purposely messing with her? No.. they were just so pathetic...

Speaking of pathetic, her thoughts went back to her friend's graduation – is there anything that could go wrong with it? Lisa sometimes joked how she would love to get some more fun with micros. An obvious sign of running out of them – but would she really be sick enough to disappoint Amber by not giving her anything? Nicole is hoping for it... More – she assumes it. Lisa does not seem able to control herself when it comes to playing with micros. She was able to convince Amber that this surely will happen – and everything would break, should she be wrong with this.

Well, maybe not everything. She would still have Kate – but she needs to work on her some more. The doubt and even questioning her plan seemed a bit too much for reasonable concerns. Was she hiding something? Nicole definitely needs to pay closer attention to her. And of course she will always have Amber submission, maybe not that unquestionable if the plan fails – but still. It feels like she could have her right now, if she wanted. It will become even easier after today's graduation – when a mere mention of some fun with her newly acquired micros should make Amber do what she wanted. But Nicole would not want to do it with her.. or would she? The thought of being licked by her stiffened her nipples – maybe the problem was not the feelings for anybody, but the simple need for sexual gratification? Should she play with the micros to make sure her behavior during the party is reliable?

No.. she will handle it. She needs to practice her self-restraint to be able to make the best out of tough situations. Today is not one of them, hence the practice is safe. She has everything planned: the graduations, how to deal with Amber and Kate, how to increase her standing with the firsts and maybe even some of the mothers – she will finally be like them, with her own zones and everything – which meant no more ridiculing and making fun of her. She will only need to prove that she is worthy.

Yes, everything is ready. Nicole even went through the trouble of colonizing already – she was a bit surprised Kate came to her with the micros ready so fast after their little discussion. She seemed really disturbed and unwilling to share.. was she actually concerned about the others perception of this plan? And more importantly – was Nicole actually wrong to go with it? It seemed great, no – it was great. What could go wrong? In the worst case they get some laughs, not for the first time.. and in the best – well, this was something new.. something than the firsts have not ever done, something that will strengthen her influence over Amber and Kate. Yes, it was foolproof.

And the colonization... it was simply ridiculous – the micros was unable to do anything, constantly relied on her, asked her to do things... like what was she do... help them? Ridiculous... she just dropped the suckers in the zone Kate claimed for her – Nicole will get the ownership after her graduation – then moved some micros from one of her mothers zone to make sure they are all properly trained. She did not want to risk leaving them after Kate's training – maybe she failed to do it properly? It was weird to try to teach new micros the proper behavior by explaining it to them.. Why not just give them some already trained ones and make sure to stress that if they all don't behave properly – like in the other zones – well, they just better do that, because they were damn hard to come by and she did not want to waste them pointlessly.

At first she wanted to just move a lot of micros from one of her mothers zones and not even bother with Kate – but she seemed to have ways of finding who did such thing... and stealing micros was like the worst thing to do nowadays. Playing with them without permission could be reasonable – especially that why would the owner even let the offender in? “Here feel free to come to my zone, see my micros – but no, you cannot play with them at all...” - it feels like a fucking joke. That's why what Kate is doing is so weird – but she must have her reasons, Nicole settles. No – sneaking a lot of micros would only expose her to be ridiculed again...

Besides, this way she had an opportunity to make Kate submit to her authority. And it felt great – even that she does not care about Amber getting anything, really...

She looks at the time and notices that micros have fortunately finished working on her lashes and eyelids – she hated the irritating feeling they made when falling into her eyes and they had to walk on them while she kept them closed. She could not feel them on her skin, of course, but inside the eye it was annoying. They were such a pain to get rid of... Whatever – she should have waited for them to tell her they are done with it, especially that it is getting dangerously close to start of the party – she simply does not have time for yet another team to replace any losses, hence she closes her eyes and just waits. “I swear if they take much longer...”, she thinks trying to calm herself.

She wishes she had enough time to also get some work on her feet – that required her to lay on her belly since the micros were unable to get onto. Usually that is not a problem and she rotates waiting for them to do both sides and enjoying the time away from other Caretakers, but yesterday was busy colonizing and simply did not think of it and today she does not have the entire day. How did they call it when she asked for it today? Unable to climb “the vertical cliff of her foot” - while she is laying on her back. She made sure to crush their representative for suggesting something was wrong with her feet - whatever “cliff” meant. They should really work on their manners, stupid micros. And they should have figured out a way to do what she wanted them to do! It's not like it would improve her look – the damn standard sneakers completely cover the foot making showing off any makeup impossible – but it may have improved her mood. Either way, she cannot wait to get her hands on some real wardrobe... But now she returns to her plans.

“Is there anything else I could do during the graduations?” – she wonders. She could not work the mothers, it was obvious. Trying to get anything useful from them was like talking with micros... When it comes to the firsts, she already knows enough and the only problem is that they do not respect her. You cannot influence anybody if you are not taken seriously by them, she learned pretty quickly. She already has a firm grasp on the other seconds, which leaves.. well, the thirds could definitely use some herding, so happy and careless. It suddenly hits her that it was strange in a way – Erica seemed to control other mothers and almost own the firsts – but she never really tried to pursue the further generations. Did she leave them for Nicole? Was she actually testing her to see if she can rise up to be like her? The implication if this was true were quire profound...

In any case, she concludes that she needs to work on the thirds now as well. Even if anything fails, it could be a backup plan.

And then is told via a headphone that the micros have finished the work on her body and are now moving the last of... - but she is already getting up. “The suckers will never learn”, is her last thought before teleporting to the party.





Chapter End Notes:
Which concludes the introduction of the main characters, as well as some more details about the current state of affairs from their perspective. Keep in mind that the narration is solely based on their respective knowledge and perception of the world, rather than objective facts.

Now for the interlude chapter featuring each zone's tinies POV - and then hopefully some more action rather than mostly descriptions. I feel I must warn it will still accelerate fairly slowly though.

And as always - let me know what you think!

PS: someguy1.9k - I'm so sorry that I completely failed to recollect you when replying to the comment, which is especially bad as some of the content of this very chapter is inspired by one of Your works - unnamed here not to spoil it - but I love all of them and can only recommend anybody who just happens not have read some, to go and quickly fix it. I am a huge fan - if you know what I mean ;)