- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Jake is woken up by the vibrating of his cell phone,the ignorance of forgetting he had his sell phone angers him. He tries to answer it but finds it's too late.He later tries to call his mother back but finds it may be harder than he thought.....his struggle continues.

vooooommm vooomm the rumbling of the cell phone in Jake's pocket awoken him. He looked on teary eyed from the sweat assaulting his eyes. He saw that his mother had called and before he could answer the phone stopped and he saw that she had left a message,he listened to it and tried calling her back. He dialed the phone as he was starting to lose his stream of consciousness.He resolved to make the call and as he got all the digits dialed he heard his call go straight to her voice mail.

"Mah mah mah"Jake tried to talk but his voice wasn't registering,his mother was too dry to talk.

 Jake couldn't word a mouth and had to hang up the phone."Im going to die here"he thought to himself. Just as he was about to lay down and let death overtake him he looked into the distance and noticed a lake about 50 yards away. Was he hallucinating was he dreaming? No it was real and with a renewed sense of vigor he gathered to his feet and slowly walked over to the lake. It had to have been about 50 feet around and he couldn't gauge it's depth. He walked up to the shore of the lake and began to wade in,odd it was warm. He began to take mouthfuls of the liquid in his mouth and tasted the salty nature of it.The warmth and salty nature of the liquid almost mad him spit it back out. Saltwater would kill him but he would die anyhow so it might as well be with his mouth not cracked he though. He continued to swallow mouthfulls of the stuff and waited for it's consequences.

 Oddly enough he began to feel reinvigorated,almost like the liquid was restoring protein and liquid to his body simolteanously. What was this strange liquid and why did it smell like sweat,he asked himself. The answers eluded him but he didn't care,he was going to live. He took this moment to jump up into the air with joy,when he remembered the cell phone in his pocket. He quickly brought the cell phone out and redialed his mother's phone. It was ringing and before he could get out a word his mother told him she would call him back after work.

Lucy felt the vibration of the phone in her pocket and saw it was from her son,she picked it up and told him she would have to call him back after work. The poor kid she thought,he had no semblance of time. She shook her head lovingly at the thought of her son's inabilty to remember anything.He forgot her birthday last year but made up for it by cooking her a nice dinner the next day.She loved her son but wished he could gather his thoughts a little more as she wouldn't always be there to do it for him. She entered the conference room with her slides and saw the stern looks of the chinese investors and her boss Mary. Mary went over to Lucy and whispered"Where the hell were you?You know how big this is yuo better hit this one out of the park or our company is in trouble."

 Lucy just smiled at Mary and assured her that the investors would most definately love her presentation. She had researched the effects of how to gentically produce honey bee's andmake the honey taste even sweeter. Her company was one of the cutting edge food producers.

"Well ladies and gentleman,I would first like to thank you for coming in today and hope you are as excited about this as I am" Lucy said confidently

 Lucy spent the next two hours showing the investors her studies and the projected sales of honey in the next 5 years. The projections concluded a 120% swing up for the company,and the Chinese investors were floored.By the end of the presentation they were clapping and ready to sign up on the dotted line.

 "Nice work Lucy,I shouldn't have doubted you.I think it may be time to promote you,and make sure you will be with us for a while.' Mary said to Lucy.

 Lucy just smiled and thanked her boss and excused herself to the ladies restroom. Mary told her she could have the rest of the day off and the next week as well to prepare for the genetic testing that would begin next week. Lucy gladly accepted and rushed to the ladies room to wash her face. She walked into the room her face glistening with perspiration and relief. He twisting and turning had caused her to sweat quite profously and her panties were soaked with sweat.

 

  Jake continued drinking the warm salty liquid below when he heard a large noise coming his way. It almost sounded like a tidal wave,he remembred the sounds of the waves crashing on the shores of the beach.His mother would take him there every summer and he would splash around for hours in the water. The diffference was that this was so much louder and violent sounding. He looked upward as the sound began to get louder,and finally he saw a huge wave of liquid coming his way. He dove beneath the surface of the lake hoping to avoid contact with the wave. He held on as a violent stream of liquid tried to sweep him away.As his head resurfaced he noticed the tidal wave was coming in from everywhere now,he continued to tread water and reached for anything to save him. His body collided hard with a large tree in the middle of the ground. It was almost as thick as a maple wood but looked like no other tree he had ever seen. Jake didn't care he wrapped his arms around the large base of the tree and held on.After about 10 minutes the flooding had subsided and the water began to seap into the cracked ground below.

 "Odd very odd,it's almost like sand."Jake pondered

The large tree Jake was clinging to was in reality a very tiny hair on his mother's ass cheek.Where will this all lead to?

Chapter End Notes:

The next chapter will be the first time Lucy and Jake talk to each other.