- Text Size +
Story Notes:

My first attempt at something like this.

Author's Chapter Notes:

I hope you guys enjoy. I plan on a loong story.

My eyes fly open, to reveal a blue sky. The pounding in my head is painful, and I reach up a hand to massage the temples. Or at least, I try to. Something's restraining my arms! What is it? I strain my neck, to get a better view. 

Ropes? But these ropes are more like string! What the hell is going on? But the biggest surprise is yet to come. I look down my chest, and there, standing right on my stomach, is a man, an inch tall or so. He catches my gaze and screams, toppling over the side, onto some of his fellow comrades. They yell, in a language unknown to me, and he rapidly speaks, pointing up at me. They follow his finger, straight on up to where I lay, watching them, eyes wide open in shock, confusion, amusement, and amazement.

Their gasps, and a scream, are heard clearly. At this point, I start to strain, putting tension on the thin, stringlike ropes. Snaps are heard as they break apart, and the 4 men, soldiers from the look of their uniforms, run back in terror. I continue to rise, bringing more broken rope with me, until i'm in a sitting position. I look down, and for the first time, realize that i'm still in my uniform. The patch, with the Earth in the middle and stars surrounding it shows the United Solar Empire, which encompasses Earth, the moon, Mars, and all solar entities except the rebellious Ganymede.

Quickly, I snatch up one of the little people, which results in screaming, both from my hand, and from the ones on the ground. I slowly open my palm, revealing the man who stood on my belly, curled up into a fetal position.

"Hello?" I ask, in plain Solar, a variation of the old English language. He flinches, at the sound of my booming voice. I take in his tiny form, scrutinizing him up and down. He's not that different from any normal human, except for the size variation.

"Where am I?" I ask him. This time, he stands up, gripping his spear tightly, and waves it at my face. From his frightened appearance, and the tightness of his grip, i'm pretty terrifying. He starts to shout in that tongue, this time slowly. It goes like this,

"Ock aut eun! I'llputil, I'llputil!" He shouts, chanting the last part. Soon, his buddies join him, chanting "I'llputil! I'llputil!" over and over. I stop them with a cough which frightens the soldier in my hand again. He grabs his spear with two hands, sharpened end pointed at me. The stick, more like twig, is shaking, but he is determined. I take a chance, and speak the word.

"I'llputil?" I querie. But it's weird in my pronunciation. I say it like Ill-putt-ill. They go eel-pute-eel. He shakes his head, forgetting his fear and growing an annoyed look.

 

"I'llputil! Rout, enta leun, I'llputil!" At this, he points his staff at the ground. I cock my head, blonde hair falling to the side, until it hits me. The land i'm standing on is called "I'llputil". I nod, acknowledging the fact, and he wears a pleased expression, before remembering where he is at the moment. He grips the staff tightly, shouting more strange words.

"Yeut gey wrot, lon!" He shouts. tapping his boot against the palm of my hand. I instantly reocognize fact that he wants to be set down, and I oblige, making sure to do so in an open area. As soon as I set him down, his buddies run over, to make sure that he's ok, and I sit there, watching the little people converse in their tongue. Soon, a heated discussion breaks out, between the man I set down, and what looks like the leader. His different uniform shows him as a higher rank. Soon, it seems all the soldiers are with my belly friend. The sergeant, which I will now call him, is looking more displeased by the moment. I interrupt their conversation,

"Uhh, guys? I need to find my craft. Have you seen it?" From the blank expression, I can tell they don't even understand what i'm saying. I shrug, and stand up, rising to my full height. For the first time, I notice the trees around me. Most reach up to my knees, some a little higher, other's a little lower. In the distance, it seems like a city is there. It sits next to a castle, which is soaring higher than anything else in the land, even me, but only by a foot or so.

I crouch down, providing a shadow over the tiny soldiers. They're still in a heated argument, and finally, the sergeant seems to back down. He sits there, nodding furiously, and my friend looks pleased. He waves his spear at my face, pointing in the direction of the castle I saw earlier.

"Et usu weu, Alctopi!" He pokes at my heel, apparently starting to get me moving. I feel the prickly sensation, on my bare foot. I'm not wearing the standard issue boots they give us before each mission. 

"Alctopi! I'llputil!"Alctopi!I'llputil!" They shout, chanting underneath me. So the castle, and surrounding towns, are called Alctopi. My best bet is that Alctopi is the capitol of this miniature land. I start forward to the mysterious city, and the ruler of the land as well.

The only thing running through my mind is, How did I get here?

 

Chapter End Notes:

I introduce our protagonists name next chapter