- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry for the short chapter and long delay. some things came up and im having serious writers block

The rest of the meal was uneventful as the two talked about their lives.  "So you are really cheer captain?" Jack asked as Ashley paid and left, the cool night air a pleasant feeling compared to the stuffy restaurant. 

 

"Yep, but this is my last year at school" Ashley got on a bus headed for the theatre.

 

"That's cool!  Why is your hair not blond like on the dating site?" Jack looked up at the underside of her chin, sitting on her shoulder.

 

"Oh!" She blushes "does it look bad?"

 

"No, no! I'm not saying that!" Jack blushes "it looks really nice on you actually. He smiles and she laughs happily.

 

"I'm glad you like it sweetie" she pauses slightly. "You aren't scared of me right? Because I understand if you are" Ashley gently lifted jack to her eye level as she blushed.

 

"Not at all Ashley... It's quite the opposite actually" now it was jacks turn to blush as Ashley pulled the stop request cord and made her way off the bus and back into the cool evening air.

 

"So what movie should we see sweetie?" 

 

"I'm not sure. I don't recognize any of these movies... Let’s watch an action movie though"

 

Ashley smiles "battle of 3024 it is. Hang on." Ashley gently closed her hand around jack and walked to the ticket booth “One for 3024 please" The ticket worker nodded and handed her a ticket.

 

"That'll be theatre 10 on the left, enjoy your movie"

 

"Thank you" Ashley walked in and got some popcorn and went in to the dark theatre, which was moderately full, before sitting at the back and opening her hand. "Sorry about that sweetie, are you ok"

 

Jack looks sternly at Ashley "you shouldn't have snuck me in"

 

"But sweetie-" Ashley started to protest

 

"Ashley, I could have paid for myself."

 

"That's not how it works here. Humans are considered slaves or food, and you can't bring food into a theatre."

 

"F-food!?!" Jacks eyes widened and a horrified expression crossed his face "you eat humans!?!"

 

"No I would never! I know what it's like to lose someone you love... I could never do that to another person!"

 

Jack was skeptical of Ashley’s motives. First trying to eat him, and then mentioning that giants eat humans for food. Its wasn’t adding up. Jack sat through the rest of the movie quietly, not wanting to upset Ashley any further, just to be safe.

 

“Wow, that was a great movie huh jack?” Ashley smiled at him and carried him towards foot-fall point.

 

“Sure…” Jack wasn’t paying attention to Ashley, instead focused on getting home safely.

 

“Jack sweetie, what’s wrong?” Ashley stopped short of letting him off

 

“Nothing, I… I don’t know if I can trust you is all.” He looks into her eyes sadly, wanting to trust her

 

“Jack… how could you say that?!?” Ashley’s eyes welled up with tears as his words hit her. “I promise putting you in my mouth was only a joke… I didn’t mean anything by it”

 

Jack didn’t respond. Ashley roughly set him down beside his car and ran off crying. Jack sighed and got in his car and started it, heading back home with more questions than answers, still very confused about the whole thing.