- Text Size +
Chapter 34

Magnus was now curious about Mother Elizabeth. Not because she was real, but because she was related to him.

"Hey mom?," he asked.

"Yes?," responded his mother.

"How come you never told me about Mother Elizabeth?"

"Well, she died way before you were even born. And you never asked about your ancestors, so I figured you never wanted to know."

"Well who was she?"

"She was a nurse. She was born in 1895, in a farm. She grew up, always wanting to help people. She actually had this gift. Somehow she could always tell, if something was wrong. I remember when I was a little girl, about your age, we were visiting her farm, when I got sick. I thought it was the flu. But she said, that it was blastomycosis. After heavy insistence, I was taken to the hospital. And sure enough, she was right. I was given some medication, and I got it cleared up right away. In 1910 she went into nursing school. She actually became the head doctor at this hospital. Then by 1920 she fell in love with a young war general. They soon got married, and by 1935, they had a son. Your grandfather. Unlike Mother Elizabeth and your great-grandfather, your grandfather was a rebel. He was always getting into trouble. But soon he met a girl, who made a deal with him. If he could best her in a boxing match, then she would help him get out of any trouble he got in. But if she won, she could ask for one 'wish' from him. The lady bested him."

"So what did she ask for?," asked Cherish.

Magnus' mom took a moment, before saying, "His hand."

"Wow," said an astonished Magnus.

"Oh yes," stated his mother, "That lady was you're grandmother. Soon they got married, then in 1967 I was born. I remember hearing about about when my parents were sick, they could always rely on Mother Elizabeth to know what was wrong. She had that kind of knowledge."

"So did she like dragonflies?"

"She adored them. In fact, she had a little dragonfly farm, on her farm. Up until she moved on, she was asked for help, by a lot of people. And she always knew what to say."

"How did she die?"

"The farm she was living at, had a fire. It was a very dry summer, and a rogue lightning strike is all that it took. She died trying to save all the critters, that were on her farm."

"Is the farm still there?"

"I'm afraid not. All that is there now, is a highway system."

"Oh."

"But I do have something, that she gave me. I don't know what happened to the key. But there's something inside of it."

"What is it?"

"I will show you, when we get home."

When they got back to the Guido Residence, (Mrs. Seraphim went back to her place, while Cherish stayed with Magnus) Magnus' mom went into her bedroom dresser, and took out a small locket. It was blue and on one side of it, was a green dragonfly emblem. She then gave it to Magnus.

"I can hear something inside of there, but I don't have the key, to open it up," she told her son.

"I have an idea," he replied, "Cherish? Would you mind if I use the shrink serum, to see what's in there?"

"No. I don't mind," she replied.

Soon they were all headed for the Seraphim household. There Cherish gave Magnus some more of the drink, and being at a tiny size again, Magnus went inside the contraption. It was a pretty nice sized locket. So he fit in just fine. It was very dark, actually it was a lot dark. He could hardly see where he was going. He nearly kept tripping up in there, when all of a sudden, he felt it. It seemed to be a piece of paper. He saw, that he could not fold it anymore, but he somehow managed, to guide it out. Then he got out, ate a tulip (that was waiting for him), and put his clothes back on.

"So what's on the paper?," he asked hoping one of them had read it.

His mom then stated, "Actually, we think that because you got it out, you should read it."

"Ok."

He then took it, and unfolded it.

As he was reading it, his eyes grew wide.

"What is it?," asked a curious Cherish.

He then calmly stated, "Whosoever can free this piece of paper, without breaking this locket, will be given my most prized possession."

"But what could that be?," asked Cherish.

After a while, Mr. Seraphim walked in.

"Why hello," he greeted them.

He went to grab a book, when Magnus saw it.

"Does your hand hurt?," he asked.

Mr. Seraphim was surprised,

"How did you know that?," he asked in an astonished tone.

"I don't know," was his reply, "but I do believe, that you have arthritis."

"I'm not sure about that. I could have bumped it after all."

"Well could you get it checked out?"

"Look. I'm sure it's nothing."

"Please, just get it looked at."

"Fine. I'll go in to the walk-in clinic right now."

Then Mr. Seraphim left. With Magnus' persistence, Mrs. Seraphim joined him.

Magnus' mom, was amazed. Could her son have it? No. That just couldn't be.

While they were waiting, Magnus and Cherish decided to chat in her bedroom.

"Hey do you want to do something?," Cherish asked.

"Want to play a few games?," asked Magnus.

"Well I don't know."

"What if I made it interesting?"

"How interesting?"

"Got any doll clothes?"

"No. You don't mean?"

"Yep."

Soon they both had drank the formula, and now they were playing an old fashioned console game, at only an inch high. Of course they made sure, to give each other privacy, when they were getting dressed.

"Wow. Nice ass," Cherish said, as she snuck a peak.

Soon they were jumping on the buttons, and the d-pad, to make the characters on screen move. It's actually harder than it looks. Soon they were just making the characters jump, and nothing else. But the game was on a timer, and as soon as it ran out, they both got a game over.

It was at this time, that Mr. Seraphim walked in. He saw them playing together. Then they noticed him. So they stopped.

"I have been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. How did you know something was wrong?," asked Mr. Seraphim.

"I don't know," replied Magnus.

"Well whatever it is, thank you. Now turn back to normal you two, for we are going to show a surprise for the both of you."

He then left. It was at this point, that they turned back to normal, they removed both of their doll clothes, ate their tulips, and put on their old clothes. This time it was Magnus who looked.

"I liked it better, when I was in there. Or looking up at it," he said with a sly smile.

They then went to see Mr. Seraphim, Mrs. Seraphim, and Magnus' parents.

"So what's the surprise?," they both asked in unison.

"You'll see!," their parents chimed.

Soon they were all heading out into the countryside. Then they ended up at a place, that made them both light up.

Chapter End