- Text Size +

Chapter 33

After about five minutes, they got a hold of Mrs. Seraphim. As she ran into the room, she was surprised, to see Magnus not only awake. But also so full of energy.

"Hey I got the shrink serum you requested," she said, "But why do you need it for?"

Magnus took the formula, said, "There's no time!," and he drank from it.

Instantly he became an inch tall again. His mother then carefully pciked him up.

"Did you bring anything, I can travel in?," asked Magnus.

There was a brief pause.

"Sorry," said Mrs. Seraphim, "I couldn't find anything."

"Oh," he said a little downcast, before becomming determined again, "Maybe I won't need it!"

"What do you need to travel for?"

"To save Cherish!"

"Did you tell him?"

Magnus' mother shook her head, "no."

But Magnus just yelled, "Quick! We need to get to Cherish's room!"

But as they got there, she was not.

Spotting a nereby nurse, Mrs. Seraphim had asked, "Excuse me, but where's my daughter? Her name is Cherish."

The nurse just said, "She is in surgery right now."

It seemed like it might be up to the doctors to try.

Then Magnus' mother said, "Then let's go to the emergency room!"

After telling the nurse, that Magnus might have a plan to save Cherish, she personally escorted them, to operating room.

There the doctor, was about to cut Cherish open.

"Stop!," yelled Magnus' father.

The doctor looked irritated at this site.

"What are you four doing in here?!," he asked of them, "There's a surgery in progress!"

The nurse then said, "Five."

"Wait. What do you mean five."

Suddenly Magnus' mother revealed her tiny son.

"I can help get that nail out!," proclaimed Magnus.

The doctor was surprised. He saw this on the news, but not in real life.

"So there really is a formula, that can shrink you," he said, "Wow."

"Yes! But there's no time!," yelled out Magnus, "I can still save Cherish."

"But how?"

"I'm going to go in her, and get it out!"

"But you won't survive! Unless you had some sort of vehicle."

"But there's just no time, and I don't know where any vehicle is! Wait a minute... What is that thing?"

Magnus started pointing at something. They all looked to see what it was. There standing by the scalpels, was what looked to be a miniture submarine! Could this really be there?

"Hey get me closer to it!," Magnus ordered.

He inspected it, and there as if it was always there, was a picture of a dragonfly!

"Quick!," he called out, to the doctor, "I wan't you to inject me into her."

"Of course!," said his mother, things travel faster in the bloodstream!"

The doctor did not know, if this was such a good idea.

"Please," Magnus now pleaded.

"Fine," said the doctor, "But this better work."

Magnus then got inside of the sub, and sealed it shut. Then the doctor put him into a syringe, and injected him into Cherish. While inside her, he looked for the nail. Then he saw it.

It was just an inch from puncturing her left lung!

He then carefully pushed it out. At this point in time, the doctor then just had to sew up the wound.

Magnus then flew out of Cherish's nose.

The ship just powered off, and landed on her belly.

Magnus then got out of the ship.

After checking her vitals, Cherish was found to be stable.

Magnus was then taken back to his room, and he was given a tulip, so he could eat it, and return to normal. Of course they did give him some privacy, so he could get dressed.

After he got done, he wasted no time, in seeing Cherish.

Her parents, were waiting by her bedside, as were his own.

Suddenly Cherish had woken up.

"Mom? Dad? I'm sorry I did something so foolish," she said to them, "I just hope, that Magnus can forgive me."

Suddenly Magnus spoke up, from the doorway, "I think he could forgive you."

"Magnus?! You're back?!... You're back!! You're back!!"

"Yeah and so are you."

Then she felt a slight pain in her chest. She remembered about that nail from earlier.

"I take it, the doctor got it out."

Then the nurse stepped in and said, "Acutally it was your little friend, who saved you."

Cherish was astonished.

"So you told him what happened to me then?," she asked of her parents, and of Magnus' parents.

Then Magnus' dad said, "Actually he was asleep for a whole week, then he woke up, and somehow he knew, that you were in trouble, and he came up with a plan to save you."

The nurse then spoke up, "He was tiny, and he used a tiny sub, to enter your bloodstream, and save you."

At this point, the doctor came in.

"And what's weird," he said, "Is that I remember putting the sub in a bag, then it placed it on the operation table. I was only gone for a second. I had to return to grab something, but when I looked at the bag, it was gone!"

"Was there anyone before you?," asked the nurse.

"No. I was the last to leave."

After a few days, both Cherish and Magnus, were allowed to leave the hospital.

As they were checking out, Magnus saw an older portrait, of a lady, who looked oddly familiar.

Then he knew who she was.

"Thank you Mother Elizabeth," he said partially to himself.

His mother suddenly just stared at him.

"What?!," he asked, slightly shocked.

"Sweetheart," she started, "What name did you use?"

"Mother Elizabeth. Why?"

"Mother Elizabeth was your great-grandmother."

Chapter End