- Text Size +

Chapter 2

Magnus was guided by his father to Cherish's father's car. Mr. Seraphim was an imposing man. He looked to be a professional wrestler, but when he spoke it all went out the window.

"Hello there!," the man said with enthusiasm, "I hope you don't mind the backseat!"

"Dad!," Cherish stated annoyed at his "happy behavior."

He was lead into Mr. Seraphim's car. This time by Mrs. Seraphim. He took note, as to how strong she was. Even though she looked to be a sized two. Then Cherish got in the car next to him.

"I hope you know, that we are all only doing this to help you," Cherish said sweetly.

"So why do you want to shrink me?," he asked her.

"I personally don't believe,  that you would benefit, from detention or suspension. Plus if you see things from a different point of view, then maybe you can be enlightened."

"Ok."

The drive was long. Even though she lived four miles from his place, it still seemed long. One could attribute it to his wondering what would happen to him. He knew he was going to be shrunk, but what would happen after that? He looked out the window, at all the trees. While watching them, he remembered, when they first met. It was in fourth grade. He was new at the school, and not many people wanted to get to know him. Except for Cherish. She really wanted to know him, for him. But he thought she was annoying. So he filled water balloons with jelly and fired them at her. She was soon covered in strawberry jam.

"Ha! Ha! Jam Face! Jam Face!," he taunted her.

Soon she was crying. And after that people wanted to be his friends, but he just punched them. He loved being alone. And he just found out, that he loved picking on ohters, especially Cherish. She was such an easy target after all. Over the years, he continued, to bully others, with his clear intent on Cherish Seraphim. One year, he poured worms down her back, and called her "worm girl." Now he was heading to her house, to be shrunk, and who knows what else. He continued to look at the trees. And remember all the things he did to her. He laughed to himself.

After awhile, they arrived. Thinking it over, he did not want to head inside her house, to meet his fate. So he decided to make a run for it. But Mr. and Mrs. Seraphim surrouned him.

"Don't try to run now," Mr. Seraphim said, with a smile, with became sinister, "Don't want to break your arm now."

"You can't even kill an ant," his wife remarked.

He was then lead inside. Her house was huge. It was bigger than his house at least. It was a three story house. He was then led into the basement. Into a room, with stuffed animals, books, and a tv.

"You can sit on my bed if you like," half-ordered Cherish. He complied.

He knew he was in Cherish's room. She then gave him a can of what he believed to be soda, to drink. Now even though he was not thirsty, he still drank, for both her parents, were blocking the door. Mr. Seraphim didn't seem like much, but he didn't want to risk it. Mrs. Seraphim on the other hand, was terrifying.

He then asked, "So when will you shrink me?"

"Right now," she replied.

He soon found found himself trapped in a dark squishy cave. Then he tumbled down towards a light. He then landed on a soft material. He then looked up, to see Cherish towering over, and looking down at him. He was now shrunk.

She then spoke, "Ok now! Time for some ground rules."

Chapter End