- Text Size +

They're dead. . . . .simply dead. All of them. I'm alone now, and nothing else will detour Leala's attention from me, the room despite being so large to me in spite of my size, with everyone else dead it was noticeably more empty.

 

" Hm, that puts an end to that." Leala said, at long last she set her gaze upon me and started to walk over. Panic began to overtake me, my instincts told me to bolt and run, but that will only delay the inevitable and if Leala has demonstrated anything this afternoon is that if she wants to do something to me, nothing will stop her or change her mind.

 

" I think it's fair to say that you must be pretty scared, but don't worry I never planned on doing anything to you. I didn't want to break the tension and address you during the middle of all of that. Sorry." Leala explained. I guess I should be satisfied that I'm going to live, but . . is that really that end of it?

 

" B-but . .all those people! You killed them like they were nothing!" I argued, I don't care what the circumstances are, who in the wold could kill like that and not even seem remotely disturbed or bothered by it?

 

" Well it wasn't the easiest decision to make, but it was for the best. Of all people I thought you'd understand how I felt. To each their own." Leala seemed so indifferent that, it maybe warranted to evaluate her mental health. I was still stunned by he apathy, was she able to do that with a clear conscience because they were so small? Did she really hate them that much?

 

Instinctively I jumped back, my head bumping against the wall when I saw Leala lean down with her hand open, offering me to stand in it. Eveytime I've seen someone in that hand, she carried them over to that desk and she promptly tortured and killed them. Even if she said I was safe it was hard to stand in the hand of the person I've seen murder multiple people.

 

Leala sighed impatiently. " Look I'm not going to hurt you. I'll put you somewhere safe until you return to normal." She reaffirmed. I guess I'll do it. .

 

" You! . . Turn me back." Groaned a voice that was racked in pain and anguish.

 

Leala turned around and confirmed who the voice belonged to. None other than the formerly feared Travis who was barely managing to crawl over with his hands. That reminded me of the first act of Leala's brutality which snapped Travis's leg and left the lower end dangling like a sausage link.

 

" Whoops. It was so peaceful for your big mouth to be shut for so long I actually forgot you were here."

 

A hard lump formed in my throat, Leala turned full attention back over to Travis and walked over to him. I knew what was coming.

 

" I bet a moron like you has never read many books, but I'm sure even you know what happens to the dog in Old Yeller." Leala moved closer by the word and a near crippled Travis has no chance of escape. Looking at the situation objectively I have no reason to help him. Everything Leala has said about him is true, my mind knew the smart thing to do was to simply stay put and ensure my safety . .yet knowing all of that my body went on a complete auto-pilot and I took off on the fastest sprint of my life. Everything was happening in slow motion in my mind and alas I miraculously stopped ahead of Travis placing myself in the line of Leala's fire.

 

Leala paused momentarily. " What are you doing?"

 

I need to produce magic here if it meant helping Travis. " Look . .just leave him be! He's had enough! You've humiliated him, hurt him, injured him, please . .he's . . .just let him go now!" I begged, why on Earth am I doing this for Travis?

 

" Wha-what are you defending me for. ." Travis groaned, asking the question I was wondering myself.

 

" Why should I? As soon as he is back to normal, he'll be back to his normal ways." Leala rebutalled. Sadly, she maybe telling the truth.

 

" That's . .probably true! Very true! But, does he really deserve to die?! And everyone else you've already killed!? Can you really just kill people you don't like!?"

 

" Don't know. I never thought of any of this as the right thing to do, I simply did it." Leala and I may as well be speaking different languages both of our arguments seeming foreign to one another.

 

" You seem awfully keen about this, maybe you'd be problematic if I let you escape." Leala pondered out loud, fucking great now she was considering the fact that I would be a mere witness!

 

" Leala . . .look you got what you wanted. You're right, he's a bully, a brute, an idiot, and probably doesn't deserve a lot of mercy, but at least let him live! No one would ever know or believe us about what happened today!" For once Leala finally seemed to be contemplating my words, which considering how resolute she was before is progress. She then sighed and her face softened and (relatively speaking) her eyes settled to an almost sympathetic gaze. " You're a softie." She simply said.

 

Leala crouched down and shooed me aside with her hand, and picked up Travis. Thankfully she didn't crush him once her hand closed into a fist around him, I watched blankly and it looked like Leala whispered something I couldn't hear to Travis given how high up she was. After she finished, Leala leaned down and cupped me into her other hand noticeably more careful with me than Travis.

 

" The shrinking effect will wear off in another 30 minutes or so." Leala explained as she walked us into an empty closet in the room. " After that, I won't be here anymore and this vacant classroom will be cleaned up. Get Travis some help after that, Bishop you found him already injured. Travis you were jumped from behind and you don't remember what happened." That's how Leala wants it, so that's how it's going to go and no one will ever know the horrors that I witnessed and Travis experienced here. I nodded in confirmation, and Travis managed a slight grunt as Leala set us on the ground.

 

" The session is over." Leala concluded and closed the door.

Chapter End Notes:

 I originally intended this story to be pretty short and I wanted to write something with more violence when I first thought of it. As far as what's coming along the farthest in production, lookout for beginning chapters of Friend or Foe 0 (Prequel)  to be posted within the month.