- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Didn't see this coming did you? Raise your hand if you did. Nobody? Good.

1 Week Later...

It was a nice Spring day, the sun was shining, birds chirping, a day to play around on. Kids were playing games in the street and in their yards. Laughter floated up and down the street. It was a nice, nice day.

She was walking down the street. Her head was hung low as memories flashed through her mind. The stain, Melissa standing over it, her crying. Tears started to form around the edges of her eyes, and soon, were dripping down her face.

Why? Why did I have to take that call? Alexis continued to walk on, ignoring the occasional person who passed her. She bumped into some, but didn't care. One man gave her an angry glare and muttered "Stupid girl, watch where you're going" and bustled off, to an unknown destination. 

Alex sat down on the bench, which sat right next to the sidewalk. She held her head in her hands, and continued to cry. The few happy memories that Lee and her shared started to appear. As much as Alex tried to repress them, they came full force. A torrent of tears started to come. 

A man sat down next to her. He just sat, and stared off into the distance. He took no account of the sobbing female sitting off to his right. She didn't notice his presence and continued to sob. Finally, after a couple of minutes, she stopped gradually, and finally saw the man.

"Oh! i'm...i'm sorry sir." she sniffled, wiping the stray tears away. He waved her aside patiently.

"Oh, no problem missy. You look like you've been through a lot. It's not too bad to cry it out. We endure through terrible things, we humans, but people always get through them." He told her. She eyed him quizzically.

"Yeah... I guess so." she muttered. A minute of silence passed between them. "I-I guess i'll be going now." 

He stopped her as she got up. "Would you like to tell me what happened?" 

"Umm... no. It's not something I talk about to anyone." she said. He nodded, appearing thoughtful for a moment before suddenly saying, 

"You've been through rough times, someone really close to you has left in the past week. It was hard to try to get to him, but you got him to open up to you. To trust you. To love you. And you loved him back. Very much. But an accident took him away from you. You've been trying to get through it, appearing happy around family and friends. But the accident is still there." Her expression was beyond bewilderment. It was completely and utter shock.

"H-how did you k-know that?" she sputtered, still shocked. He replied with a slight smile, and invited her to sit back down. She sat, attention completely focused on him.

"I know this, because I simply do. And let me have one more guess. 'He' has a name. His name is Lee, I take it?" He asked. Alex lost it there, started to cry. The man took her in his arms, patting her back gently, consoling the girl.

"Y-you, h-how do you know h-his name?" She bawled. An answer didn't come and she cried, forgetting his presence.

"I loved him! It took me so long to get him to open up... And she came and took him away! Oh Lee... why aren't you here with me now?" she cried. The man continued to hold her, and she cried.

"Hey, Alex, would you like to know something?" She sat up, wiping at her eyes, confusion clearly shown on her features.

"H-how did you k-know my name?" She asked, her eyes rimmed red. He gave her an amused look, and smiled slightly.

"Would you like to know?" He queried. She nodded, curiosity starting to show. He held her back and looked her straight in the eye.

"It's odd you haven't recognized me yet." he stated simply. 

"What are you talking..." she said before it hit her.

"LEE!!!" she screamed, hugging him tightly, a hug being returned to her just as tight. She sobbed onto his shoulders happily.

"Oh my god, I thought you were dead. You WERE dead! How...how did you survive?" She asked, rapid firing words at him. 

"Woah, slow down" he laughed. "Let me answer one at a time. Ok, I was dead. But right as Melissa... crushed... me, I woke up. I was clothed, sitting on a couch, in an office. I walked out, wondering where I was. And then I saw that I wasn't far from you. I was actually headed to your house today, when I saw you walking along the road here." 

Alex continued to hug him, refusing to let go. He pulled out of her embrace though, and grabbed her by the hand. She didn't object and leaned up to kiss his face. He kissed back and they were locked for a minute.

Once they broke apart from that, they sat there, hands entwined, with Alex leaning up against Lee. He swung his arm around her shoulder and she snuggled up to him. 

And so, they sat there for the rest of the day, enjoying the April afternoon. It was a good day for all involved.

Chapter End Notes:

I promise to update Family Matters in a week or so. Give or take a day or two. But I hope you guys enjoyed this "ending". I decided to fix up what I shouldn't have done.