- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

In the orriginal word document, the result of a vote was displayed in a graph. The graph was so messed up that I didn't bother puting it in here. It doesn't matter, though, as Betty announces the results immediately anyway.

            The next morning Dave was the first one up, oddly enough, and decided to make breakfast for the rest of the group. He overcooked it slightly, but the others weren’t to upset about it. Sandra and Annie came out of their rooms as soon as they started smelling food, and Cameroon came out shortly after that.

            Bill and Serine came out but didn’t sit with the others. Both of them were getting quite distanced from the other people.

            Sherri and Tom were the last ones up. Sherri arrived in the kitchen carrying Tom as if he were her little boy. They had been up for hours last night, touching and exploring and playing and everything else. Tom was still in a state of awe; he didn’t know making love with such a giant woman would be so much fun.

            They spent the morning and early afternoon leasurely. Most of them stayed put and chatted. But Serine had something on her mind—Cameroon. The other small person was looking somewhat dejected. She walked over to him.

            “Are you okay?” Serine asked.

            “Not really.” Cameroon said. “It’s the whole thing, being small, you know?”

            “I know very well.” Said Serine.

            “You would.” Cameroon said. “It’s just our bad luck, I suppose.”

            “Hey,” Serine said. “Would you like to play a game of soccer with me?”

            Cameroon’s face lightened up. “Okay,” He said. Then the two fifteen-inch people walked out through the little flap on the door and began a game of soccer in the yard that significantly raised both their spirits.

            Inside Tom, Sandra, and Annie were chatting.

            “So where do you think this game’s going to go?” Asked Annie. “I mean, there’s going to be one winner at the end. When does the elimination start?”

            “I don’t know.” Said Tom. “I imagine it would start soon. It’s the fourth day already and the game was only supposed to last two weeks.”

            “At least elimination will mean returning to full size,” Said Sandra.

            “You think?” Tom said. “Somehow, I dowbt they’ll do that.”

            “Why wouldn’t they?” Asked Annie in alarm.

            “I don’t know, for effect.” Tom said, waving up vaguely at the cameras that must be hidden somewhere in the room.

            “I hope they don’t shrink us more,” Said Sandra. “But I’m pretty sure they will.”

            “Yeah,” Agreed Tom. “I doubt quarter-height is the smallest we’ll get.”

            “At least we’ve managed not to be made the smallest yet.” Annie said. “There are some guys around here…no offence, Tom.”

            “None taken.” Tom said. “But yeah, I really don’t want to get smaller. I think that’s something we can all agree on.”

            One topic of discussion that was popular as she show lead into the afternoon was the voting that was to take place at three? What kind was it? Who would be voted, and for what?

            “I bet we’re voting to switch sizes again.” Said Sandra.

            “I think you’re right.” Said Tom. “I have the feeling that the number of people at each size won’t change, just who is what size.”

            “Hey, can we form an alliance?” Annie blurted out. Sandra and Tom looked at her. “I mean, we all like each other decently well, right?”

            “I guess so,” Said Sandra, with some reservation.

            “I mean, we can look out for each other, try to keep each other from shrinking more!” Said Annie. Thinking about it, Tom and Sandra were becoming her two best friends on this game. “I mean think about it. Do we have any sympathy for Dave? Or for Serine?”

            “Not really, expecially Dave.” Said Sandra. “Although one of us has been having a bit of fun with Sherri, hey Tom?”

            “Eh, Sherri’s nothing, just a fling.” Tom said. “I wouldn’t mind at all to see her shrunk.” Tom snickered, knowing it was well true.

            “Should we ask anyone else to be in our alliance?” Annie asked.

            “No,” Tom said. “That wouldn’t be a good idea. Do you really want Bill to be in on this?”

            “I guess you’re right.” Annie said. “You should have seen the look he gave me!”

            “Besides, he wants to be an alpha male.” Tom said. “It would be better for all of us if we knocked him down to size a bit.”

            “Okay, I’m in.” Said Sandra.

            “Me too,” Chimed Annie.

            “Me also.” Said Tom. The alliance was on.

            Little did they know that just outside a similar talk was happening. Serine and Cameroon had just finished playing soccer and they were both drenched in sweat.

            “So…fun game, wasn’t it?” Asked Cameroon.

            “Yes,” Said Serine. “I’d like to do it again sometime.”

            “It’s ironic, isn’t it?” Said Cameroon. “The two most athletic competitors and we’re both the smallest.”

            “Yeah,” Said Serine. “Hey, have you thought about an alliance?”

            “An alliance?” Cameroon asked.

            “Yeah, between me and you.” She said. “It might not be much, but at least our votes count as much as big people’s.”

            “Okay,” Said Cameroon. “An alliance it is. And our first objective is to get us two as the biggest people!”

            “Yeah!” Said Serine. “And if it’s not too much trouble, can we knock down Annie as well?”

            Cameroon thought about it. “Yeah, let’s do that.”

            “To make it fair, is there anyone you want shrunk in particular?”

            Cameroon thought for a second. “Sherri.”

            “Okay, it’s settled then.” Serine said.

            “Serine, I have a question.” Said Cameroon. “How, uh, serious are you with Bill?”

            Serine took in a long sigh before she answered this question. “Not really. I mean, yeah, we slept with each other and we did get a little…physical. But I mostly just went to him because I was scared. Stupid huh? It’s amazing what being small can do to your ego.”

            “So you…you don’t like Bill that much?” Cameroon asked.

            “He’s alright, but I think you’re more my type.” Said Serine. And then, to Cameroon’s complete surprise, she leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Any my size. Come on, let’s get in the house!”

            And Serine ran, and Cameroon followed. It was a very good thing Bill wasn’t looking out the window because he would have been very angry to see this.

            Three o’clock rolled around faster than anyone could have expected. Betty walked in, and she had such an air of power and lordship over them that not even Sherri could match it.

            “Good afternoon, contestants.” Said Betty. “I trust things are getting along smoothly.”

            “They are, for the most part.” Sherri spoke, asserting herself as the group’s leader.

            “That’s good to hear.” Said Betty. “Now, it is time for the next voting. Please follow me down to the compound “

            The eight people followed her down the yard and to the compound. Bill once again scooped Serine off the ground and carried her. Serine was a little uncomfortable after what she did to Cameroon, but kept it quiet. Again, Sherri picked up Cameroon and carried him without asking.

            They got into the compound and stood anxiously awaiting Betty’s announcement of the vote.

            “Today’s vote will only affect the very biggest and very smallest of you.” Betty said. “But everyone will participate.” The players looked at each other. So apparently the four in the middle were not changing sizes at all. This meant only Sherri, Dave, Cameroon, and Serine were subject to size change.

            “It shall work like this.” Said Betty. “At the end of the session, two people will be full height and two people will be quarter-height. They might be the same people who are now, the pairs might switch, or it might be one or the other. It all depends on how you vote.”

            “This vote, unlike the last, is democratic. This way you will be able to see what the general group consensus is on you, instead of just one person. Each person shall write down the names of two people they want to see big and two people they want to see small. At the end of the voting, I will count the votes and the shrinking and enlarging will be carried out.”

            They all thought about it. Everybody’s vote mattered in this race. Well, this made the alliance rather irrelevant, thought Tom. However, he still would have liked a chat with Annie and Sandra to make a choice. The game was not set up that way, though, and they were going to have to live with it.

            All the contestants were given four pieces of paper, identical in shape that said “Sherri”, “Dave”, “Serine”, or “Cameroon” on them. They all considered the papers for a few moments, grouped them and regrouped them, then for the most part each came to their individual descisions.

            “I will call you in order.” Said Betty. “Are you all ready?” Differently-sized heads nodded. “Good. First: Sherri.”

            Tall Sherri walked up first with the little cards in her hand. She obviously wanted to remain big, but other than that was unsure what she wanted to happen. She considered whether Dave, Cameroon, or Serine would be hardest to compete against. She decided Dave would be easy to compete against, so she cast her vote for the status quo.

            “Next, Cameroon!”

            Cameroon walked up to the bins. Fortuanitely they were on the floor; he couldn’t have reached even the short table that they had last time. To him the cards were large and unwieldy, unlike for Sherri where they fit easily into her palm. His choice was probably the easiest of all, having formed an alliance with Serine. He voted for both of them to become big, and for Sherri and Dave to be shrunk.

            “Next, Annie!”

            Annie knew she definitely wanted Dave shrunk. That was easy. And she was still mad at Serine for yesterday, so she obviously wanted her to remain small, not get bigger than her. Therefore it remained for Sherri and Cameroon to be big.

            “Next, Tom!”

            Tom almost voted for Sherri to be shrunk so the size relation would be how it used to be. But the night of fun they had together…well, Tom thought Dave needed a lesson and slated him to be shrunk. Oh well, what the hell, he thought. Sherri could be shrunk too. She didn’t mean anything to him. Serine long-legs and Cameroon could be big.

            “Next, Sandra!”

            Sandra was somewhat fond of Dave and decided to leave him big. She liked Cameroon too. It was the ladies she didn’t like: Sherri and Serine were her biggest competitors. It would work best for her if they were both small.

            “Next, Bill!”

            Bill first and foremost wanted Serine to be big. He didn’t know about the kiss she gave Cameroon and if she did he would have almost certainly voted differently. At any rate, he wanted Dave small. So did he want Sherri or Cameroon to be big? He knew Sherri was a strong figure, but giving Cameroon a chance could make him a leader as well. Couldn’t risk that, he thought. Bill wanted to be a leader, and he wanted to leave himself to be grown later. So Sherri would stay big and Cameroon small.

            “Next, Serine!”

            Of course, Serine voted just like Cameroon. They would be big. If they won this vote they would rule over the others. The two tiniest would be the two biggest. She smiled at this thought.

            “Next, Dave!”

            Dave obviously wanted to stay big. He was the only person in this game to have never shrunk, and he wanted to keep it this way. He wanted to stay on top. Dave thought Sherri was too leader-ish, and wanted to replace her with Serine. Cameroon would be another guy, and Dave didn’t want to compete with another guy.

            There was silence as Betty counted the votes. They were distributed as such:

[Graph removed for formatting issues, sorry]

            Betty was both pleased and displeased that there were no ties. Pleased because it meant that this would go smoothly and without problems. But displeased, because she wouldn’t get to do what happened if there had been a tie, which would have been interesting…

            “The results are absolute and conclusive, with no ties.” Betty said, watching the group immediately tremble. “Serine and Cameroon, you will step into the machine to be enlarged. Dave and Sherri, you will follow to be shrunk.”

            Serine and Cameroon looked at each other with a look of absolute delight. They had done it; they were to be rulers, they were to be giants! They almost ran forward into the machine, the caverenous room that had been the object of their last two shrinkages.

            There was a flashing light, and then the room was as it was before—just a tiny little camped booth. Serine and Cameroon hugged each other in delight. It was wonderful; it was so great to be back in a world where everything wasn’t huge and overpowering.

            On the other side, Dave and Sherri walked grimly forward. They looked back on the four half-sized people, savoring the last moment before their size roles would be reversed. Betty urged them on, then Dave and Sherri stepped into the shrinking booth and awaited the inevitable.

            A flash of light later, they found themselves in a cavernous room. Dave looked up and all around him in shock; he had not been shrunk before and having just been reduced to a quarter of his usual stature was very intimidating. Even Sherri, who had been shrunk before, had never been this small.

            They decided to leave the room but realized that neither of them was tall enough to reach the doorknob. They stood, wondering what they could do. Possibly if Sherri got up on Dave’s shoulders…but that train of thought didn’t last long, for the door opened from the other side and an impossibly tall figure was standing, looking down at them.

            It was Serine, tall beyond belief, majesticly looking down on them. Her legs were like colomns of a gigantic building. Her hips were as high as the roof of a second-story bulding. Her head was impossibly high up, and her mouth was opened wide enough to admit one of their heads.

            The door opened further to reveal Cameroon, just as tall. My God, his shoes are nearly as big as me! Thought Sherri. And to think that she scooped him up just fifteen minutes ago and carried him to the compound.

            “Looking good!” Said Serine, looking down at the doll-sized figures. “I think this new size suits you, doesn’t it, Cameroon?”

            “It certainly does,” Said Cameroon. “Maybe I’ll carry you around now, Sherri!” Cameroon’s smile made Sherri shiver.

            The door to the other room opened and Betty stepped out. “I’m glad you’re enjoying your new sizes.” She said. “Now let’s introduce you back to the rest of the group.”

            The four of them followed Betty down the hallway. Serine and Cameroon marveled at how small it actually was, and how nice it was to be able to look at the back of Betty’s legs and not her head. For Dave and Sherri, it was a time to be stunned at how big everyone else was. Sherri had resolved to harden herself to it, but Dave was starting to feel quite scared and vaunerable.

            Tom, Bill, Annie, and Sandra waited for the others to return. The door opened and Betty emerged with two giants and two tinies. Annie smiled in delight at a tiny Dave, and Tom snickered at the sight of a tiny Sherri. Bill looked in awe at a giant Serine. I guess our roles are reversed, thought Bill.

            “You will have very little time to stay at these sizes.” Said Betty. “For tomorrow at eleven o’clock the next competition shall take place. This will be more of a competition of the mind than of the body. But there is more involved than just that, and by the end of tomorrow’s competition most of you will probably be smaller than you are now.”

            Betty could feel the entire group tensing up, and she loved that feeling. Betty thought about how much she loved her job.

            “Betty?” Bill asked. The little man addressed her timidly, as if he were a schoolboy.

            “Yes, Bill?” Betty asked sweetly.

            “If this is supposed to be an elimination game,” Bill said uneasily, “Then when—I mean how does the elimination work?”

            Betty smiled at him quizicly. “Does this mean you want to be eliminated?”

            “No, no, not at all,” Said Bill hurridly. “I’m just wondering…how it happens?”

            “Well, you are eliminated when you are shrunk to one sixteenth your normal size!” Said Betty as if she was explaining simple arithmetic to a first grader. She relished in the reaction that those words got.

            The eight of them stood in stunned silence. One sixteenth of your height? That was only four inches, if you were sixty four inches normally! Serine opened her palm and tried to imagine a four-inch person standing in it. It was unbelievable.

            “Don’t believe it will happen?” Betty asked. “Let’s just wait until tomorrow. Now, off with you. You need your rest.”

            The group of them left the building thinking about the news, and the prospect of being four inches tall. But they were also thinking of the recent change, and how that would change the dynamics back at the house. Sherri was fitting in so well to the leader role, now she was the tiniest with Dave.

            When they got into the house they immediately noticed that another bedroom was missing; they were down to five. This instantly created a buzz. Who was going to sleep with who? People were saying all sorts of things.

            “Settle down, settle down.” Serine said, taking charge. “We’ll get the beds all sorted out later. For now, Cameroon and I are going to make dinner.”

            Serine and Cameroon did make dinner, enjoying being full-sized and able to reach all the pots and pans once again. The other six sat around and talked in the living room, like usual. Sherri was once again hanging around Annie, but not with the same clinginess that she had before. Dave and Sandra were talking, and Bill and Dave were both being somewhat reclusive.

            Bill was thinking about Serine…so big, so beautiful! It was wonderful to have her as a little lover, he couldn’t imagine how fun it would be to have her big. There was just so much of her now! Her strong muscular legs were bigger than he was, he could get lost in her chest…if only later would come a little sooner.

            After a few minutes, Tom tapped Annie on the shoulder and whispered in her ear “Alliance meeting, come on!” Then Tom walked off to join Sandra, who was already sitting at the base of one of the chairs. Annie politely asked Sherri to go talk to Dave, then she walked over to them.

            “What’s up?” Asked Annie.

            “The competition tomorrow.” Tom said, sounding immediately brisk and businesslike. “Do you have any thoughts?”

            “I don’t know,” Annie said. “I was thinking it might run more like a game show.”

            “I agree.” Said Sandra. “But if it is, how can we help each other?”

            “We could flash each other answers if we know them,” Suggested Annie.

            “No, too risky.” Tom said. “Listen, this might be a competition where you select another person to go in front of  a trial, like Dog eat Dog. And somehow I figure all us halves will end up competing with each other.”

            “Bill.” Sandra said. “He’ll have to go down.”

            “Yeah,” Annie said, fondly remembering holding a tiny Bill.

            “Exactly.” Tom said. “You see how he always wants to be our leader? This way we can force him to be tiny and submissive. But there’s another thing. We might have to choose someone to be big too. It’ll have to be one of us.”

            There was a short silence, then Annie admitted: “I don’t think it should be me. I don’t think I could be a leader.”

            There was another great pause, a bit of a slient cold war between Tom and Sandra. Finally, Tom said, “I suppose I shouldn’t either.”

            “So me then.” Sandra said. “You’ll be voting to enlarge me?”

            “Can we trust you?” Said Annie.

            “Yes.” Sandra said. “If I’m big I’ll make things favorable for you two.”

            “And who else?” Asked Tom. “Who else should we watch out for.”

            “Serine.” Said Sandra. “And Sherri. Those two are leaders. Keep Sherri small and make Serine small again.”

            “And if it comes to a tie between those two,” Said Tom. “Who will we want to smite over the others?”

            “Serine.” Annie said immediately. There was a momentary pause.

            “Yes, I agree.” Said Tom. “She’s big already, and dangerous. If Sherri gets big, I bet I could seduce her…”

            “Seduce her, or she seduce you?” Sandra asked, smiling wickedly.

            “Shut up,” Said Tom. “Well, if there’s no more business to attend to, alliance meeting dismissed.”

            The three of them spread out, Tom and Sandra not really talking to anyone. Annie saw Dave and right away a smile came to her face. “Hi, Dave!” She said seductively.

            Dave turned around, defensively. He looked up to see Annie, big beautiful Annie. She might have been only half of full-sized but to Dave she was a giantess. Her legs, her hips, her arms, her chest…she was amazing. Dave couldn’t speak.

            “What’s wrong, tounge-tied?” Teased Annie. Dave didn’t say anything. He didn’t know what to say.

            “I know you liked me.” Annie said, sitting down next to him but still managing to be taller than him standing up. “You didn’t have any problem talking to me when you were big, what’s the deal now?”

            “It’s just…” Dave began. “It’s just that you’re so big!”

            Annie smiled. “Size isn’t something to be afraid of!” She said. “You were lucky, you were the last of us to hold out for so long.”

            “Yeah, I didn’t expect it would be so…” Dave trailed off.

            “Scary?” Annie asked. Dave nodded. “Yeah, it’s scary. When I was first shrunk I was pretty scared. Expecialy because of a certain giant.” And with that, Annie reached out and pulled Dave to her. Dave ended up sitting on Annie’s lap.

            “You know what?” Annie said, rocking Dave gently like a baby. “I bet people are mad at you. I bet they are really grumpy about how you acted when you were big.”

            “Are you?” asked Dave in alarm.

            “No,” Annie said. “Not really. It’s forgivable. But I don’t think they’ll be so forgiving.” Annie indicated everyone else. “They’re going to try to humiliate you, I think.”

            “Like you’re doing now?” Dave asked.

            “Am I humiliating you?” Asked Annie. She leaned down to whisper to him. “You rather it be me than someone else, right?”

            Honestly, Dave nodded his head.

            “Then keep with me, and I’ll protect you from them.” Annie said. “And if you’re really nice, I might let you share my room.”

            Dave felt really excited. Was Annie really going to be true to her word? An experience with Annie in bed…he would do whatever she wanted, and told her so.

            “Good!” Said Annie, then walked away.

            In the kitchen Cameroon and Serine were finishing up the dinner. Being the biggest people they knew their talk would easily carry over to the other group, so they had to conduct their alliance talk in a whisper.

            “How are we going to work this?” Asked Serine.

            “Well, our main goal is to preserve our position on top.” Cameroon said. “Other than that, it’s keeping down who we’re most threatened by.”

            “I really don’t like Annie, how she treated me when I was small.” Said Serine. “But I don’t suppose she’s particularly threatening.”

            “Yeah, she’s not.” Said Cameroon. “And I’m not happy with Sherri. But she is threatening, remember? And Sandra is too. I think the two ladies have to be kept down.”

            “You just want tiny ladies!” Joked Serine.

            “I do not,” Responded Cameroon good humoredly.

            “Yes you do.” Serine said. There was a pause, and then,

            “When are you going to tell Bill?” Cameroon asked.

            Serine sighed a deep sign. “Tonight, after dinner. I honestly hope he doesn’t like me that much, I don’t want it to be too painful for him.”

            “And dangerous, too, for both of us.” Cameroon said. “Bill will be slated against us in the competition tomorrow.”

            “That’s true,” Said Serine. “But we’re the big ones; everyone’s going to be after our spots!”

            “Yeah, but maybe you better wait until after.” Said Cameroon. “At least this way he’ll support you and be indifferent to me.”

            “I don’t know.” Serine said. “He understands the game and the fact that underneath the alliances it’s still every man for himself. Besides, how could I lie a whole night? I’d have to sleep with him, playing with him. I mean, it would be fun…”

            “Alright, alright,” Said Cameroon. “Tell him after dinner.”

            The dinner was finished. Like before, Serine and Cameroon presented it at the living room. Bill made moves to sit near Serine, but Serine tactically veered away and sat down in a spot where Tom and Sandra were on either side of her. They ate and agreed that Serine was an excellent cook, although her style was more spicy fried foods.

            After dinner Cameroon and Serine cleaned up the kitchen and the living room. The others sat around and relaxed after dinner. Dave leaned against Annie, who chatted with Sandra. Tom sound Sherri sitting alone, and persued her.

            “Hey, are we still sharing a room tonight?” Dave said, approaching Sherri. Sherri jumped in shock when Dave approached from behind, and felt a stab of fear. But she had prepared for this. She was going to keep her cool.

            “That depends.” Sherri said. “On how you behave tonight.”

            “How I behave?” Tom asked. “You didn’t have any problems with how I behaved last night, did you?”

            “I was bigger then.” Sherri said.

            “So you think size makes all the difference?” Tom asked. “I think we’ll have just as much fun tonight as we did last night.”

            “I don’t know,” Sherri said. “You haven’t proven yourself yet.”

            “Don’t worry, I’ll behave myself.” Said Tom. “By the way, how’s your back?”

            “My back?” Sherri asked.

            “It’s been a day since I last massaged you.” Tom said. “I think you could use another one.”

            “Oh really?” Asked Sherri.

            “Yeah.” Tom said, and with that he picked her up and straightened her out on the ground. Unlike yesterday, when Sherri’s back was a vast expanse, today it was very small, barely bigger than Tom’s hands. He kneeded her back, he rubbed it and streached it, he pushed it into shape.

            “Ooh,” Moaned Sherri contentedly. The backrub felt so good, so much better than Tom’s feeble attempt of yesterday. It only took a few minutes before Tom was done.

            “Do you want me to rub your back?” Sherri asked.

            “Nah, I’m good from yesterday.” Said Tom.

            Across the room, Serine inhaled deeply once again. She was going to have to face the music with Bill. She moved over to him. Bill seemed happy, and moved over towards her, extending his arms to her.

            “Bill, I can’t.” Serine said. Bill dropped his arms, shocked.

            “What’s wrong?” Bill asked.

            “Bill,” Serine said, kneeling down, “Do you really like me?”

            Bill was taken aback. “Yeah, I do!”

            “I mean, really?” Serine asked. “More than just a reality-show love?”

            “I think so.” Bill said. He didn’t like the direction that this was going.

            “Well, to be honest, I don’t.” Serine said. Bill looked at her with shock in her eyes. “You were the first person I saw after I was shrunk, and I clung to you. I had a fun time with you, sure. But Bill, I don’t like you in that way.”

            Bill stared at her, and started to get angry. She had lead him on all last night! Now she was ditching him? It couldn’t just be because he was small. There was someone else, he just knew it…

            “Who is it?” Asked Bill. “Who do you like?”

            “What do you mean by that?” Said Serine with such severity that it made Bill quiver. “I’m sorry, you have a right to know. It’s Cameroon.”

            “Cameroon.” Bill muttered under her breath. He had no idea it was him, although when he thought about it he doubted Serine would have gone for Tom or Dave. “Is it; is it because he’s big?”

            “No, that’s not it at all.” Serine said. “We’re just…more of each other’s type. Please, I’m sorry. That’s just how I feel.”

            Bill gave her an ugly look, then turned away from the giantess to walk off in the living room. He went to sit near Tom and Sandra, and didn’t look back at Serine.

            Cameroon saw this and came up to Serine. “How did it go?” He asked.

            Serine turned to Cameroon. “He didn’t take it well.” Serine said. “I thought he figured it. I’m kind of surprised, and a little guilty.”

            “I’m sorry I put you through this.” Cameroon said. “I just should have stayed my distance.”

            “No,” Said Serine, taking his hand. “I like you, and what I had with Bill never went that deep. Please, don’t be upset.”

            So they watched a movie all together, save for Bill, who stalked off ten minutes in. Serine and Cameroon moved closer together and cuddled under the blanket. Dave cuddled with Annie Under a blanket, and Tom held Sherri. Sandra noticed all the coupling going on around her and all the same she didn’t care.

            When it came time for bed, it was pretty clear who went with who. Serine and Cameroon went off together, as did Annie and Dave, and Tom and Sherri. Bill and Sandra slept in the solitary fourth and fifth bedrooms. Three couples were having fun that night. One drifted off uneventfully, and the other frustrated and hurt.