- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

And here it is, the final end of Season One!

            Daniel Ransmith sat at his computer bank, pouring over his work. In front of him were hundereds of buttons, knobs, and switches. Above him were dozens of monitors. These monitors showed images and videos from the last two weeks, taken from all over the house by hidden cameras.

            Ransmith knew he had to work under a strict deadline. He and his three colleauges had to edit all the footage down to a series of episodes for TV. There was a lot to go through, and if they didn’t finish in time they would be in big trouble with the boss, and there would be retribution. Ransmith shivered. It did no good to displease the boss.

            Ransmith and his colleauges were not film editors by trade; they were forced to do this because they had no choice, boss’s orders. No ordinary Southon editing team could do this because that would mean letting them in on the secret of shrinking.

            The four of them weren’t merely in on it, though.

            By training and by trade Ransmith, Jones, Fifthson, and Ames had all been scientests. They were all young experemental scientests, hoping to make a name for themselves in the larger world. All had been going well for them; that is until a young female intern had been assigned to assist them…

            Ransmith shook his head. He should stop thinking about that. He really needed to get on editing the film, because the boss wanted that done and wanted them to continue with their new projects. The boss was relentless in demanding progress.

            Getting up from his chair, Ransmith decided he could use a drink of water and a break. He got up from the film editing room and walked into the living room, squeezing a few drops out of the water cooler and into a cup for him to drink. He walked over and sat on the hard sofa and flicked on the TV. The TV screen was very big, much bigger than him, but the view was very pixilated and you had to sit a good ways back to make anything out.

            At that moment, something struck the side of the living room hard three times, creating ear-splitting banging sounds and rattelling things throughout their quarters. Ransmith knew what that ment: the boss wanted to speek to him.

            Ransmith got up off of the couch and turned towards the completely blank left wall. None of the rooms had windows in this place, but this was the only wall in the place that was completely blank. There was a scraping sound, and pretty soon the wall was pealed away to reveal a woman’s face, higher than the entire room, looking in on him.

            “How is it going with the editing?” Betty asked, her voice shaking the room.

            “Pretty good.” Ransmith said. “We have the first episode wrapped, now we’re moving on to the second.”

            “That’s all you’ve got?” Betty asked angrilly, chilling the tiny scientest. “I’ve given you tons of time already. You won’t get much more.”

            “I’m sorry.” Ransmith said. “We’re not used to this, you know.”

            “Scientests observe and record.” Betty said. “You’re doing just that; it should be no sweat.”

            “It’s different, you know,” Ransmith said.

            “I don’t want to hear excuses!” Betty said. “You don’t want to be punished, do you?” Betty gave Ransmith a menacing look, causing him to cower.

            “No, we’ll speed it up.” Ransmith said. He found himself thinking back to the day when he first met Betty. He had been told by his university connection that a graduate student was going to intern with their team. He had expected some tall awkward male geek, or possibly some nerdy woman with thick glasses. He had been very suprized when he found the intern to be drop-dead gorgeous.

            They had been working on shrinking technology when Betty came in, and Betty was a great help from the beginning. She was competant, enthusiastic, and was always quick-thinking. If it weren’t for her they probably never would have been able to refine the technology to the point where there was no excess heat, no field collapse, and didn’t drain the power grid of the whole town.

            Betty had always been flirtatious with them but none of them had any success asking her out. They tried, of course, but Betty never let them get further than a few drinks after work. She appeared to them to be a bubbly, kind, and innocent girl. But Ransmith always had a feeling about Betty, that there was something inside of her, a demon waiting to come out. Then that fateful day.

            Ransmith remembered coming into the laboritory and finding two of his associates missing. Betty had told them airily that they had called off for the day, with a kind of careless scorn suggesting she thought they had skipped to play golf. If only Ransmith knew that his two colleauges were in Betty’s panties at that very time…

            Of course he didn’t know, and he went about work as usual. He remembered that at the time the shrinking machine was so close to being perfect and he was too excited to care about anything else. He had decided to clean the machine to get it ready for it’s big test. He had been scrubbing the walls when suddenly the door had closed. He looked over at the control board and saw Betty standing there, finger over the activation button. He banged on the door, demanding that she open it. But Betty had just smiled and waved, and the next thing he remembered was that flash of light…

            The moment when he saw the celing miles above him. The moment the door opened, and he found himself between two shoes, legs the size of redwoods ascending from them high above. Those were moments he would never get out of his mind. And when she had picked him up, and placed him in her shirt…

            The last colleauge was shrunk in almost exactly the same style. The sweet girl they had all come to know had shrunk and conquered them all. She pleased herself with them endlessly. They thought she just wanted to have them as sex slaves, but it turned out her plans were much bigger. Now with a working shrinking machine, Betty laundered the lab’s money into creating fake papers, even going as far as to create a facticious company that was able to lease the studio sight to film the show. There Betty began her sinister quest for fame and fortune as the notorious host of the shrinking game.

            Now Ransmith, once on a quest to be the most famous experemental scientest in the entire country, was now editing a reality show, fearing the retribution of a woman big enough to easily squash him between her fingers.

            “Now,” Betty said, drawling Ransmith’s attention back to the present. “After you finish editing, I want you to immediately get on to the next project. I want to start filming season two in a few months, and I want to change things up. I want machines that are lighter, and portable.”

            “But we’re ages away from that technology!” Said Ransmith. “And we need access to the shrinking machine to try it out!”

            “Do you think I’m stupid?” Betty said. “Don’t you think I know what you would try to do if you had acess to a shrinking machine? You’re just going to have to give me the tests to run, and you know I know what I’m doing, and I’ll know if you’re setting a trap for me.”

            “But it won’t be…” Began Ransmith, but Betty cut him off.

            “I don’t want to hear any excuses.” Betty said. “Now, if you and your colleauges can pull this off, I’m going to give you a little reward.” Betty puckered her lips and made a kissing sound. Ransmith couldn’t help but feel embarrassed as there was only so much a man could hide, expecially in the dress code Betty enforced for them—which in effect was no dress at all. He couldn’t help the fact that Betty was extremely attractive and her size just aroused him.

            Betty smiled as her eyes lowered down to this develoupment. “That’s what I thought.” She said. “Now get back to work.”

            Betty brought the white panel back up and locked it back to place, once again securing Ransmith in his little prison. Shaking his head, he turned to go back into the editing room. He had a a lot of work to do.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Well, ladies and gentlemen, it has been fun to present this story to you. As I have said before, I wrote this back in 2006 and I didn't really plan on showing anyone this story at the time. I'm very greatful it has been warmly recieved on this site.

Going forward, I want to tell you that Season Two will be coming very soon! I began writing Season Two in late 2006 and finished in the summer of 2008. Season Two will, of course, be featuring an entirely new cast of eight contestants. I remember when I originally started writing Season Two I really wondered how any new contestants could be as memorable and leave a mark on me as did Sherri, Cameroon, Annie, Tom, Sandra, Bill, Serine, and Dave.

However, once I started writing about the adventures of Andy, Carla, Dale, Hailey, Jerry, Marie, Paul, and Vera, I completely fell into those eight characters and they soon ment much more to me than the original eight ever did.

Season Two, in its completed form, is 250,000 words long, which will make it one of the longest works on this site when it is fully uploaded. For perspective: the longest Harry Potter book, the Order of the Phoenix, was only slightly longer at 257,000 words. I will, however, be uploading it in installments like Season One. Hopefully I will not let my schedule slip and will upload somewhere between once a day and two to three times a week.

A note on how I write: With few exceptions, I don't write in chapters. I tend to write in one continuous block and--if I need too--when I am finished I will go back and divide it into chapters where there are natural breaks. Season One I divided on the basis of days, because that made the most sense. However, there are some individual days of Season Two that are five times longer than the longest Season One day. Therefore I have broken up the story into chapters that roughly corrispond to 8 to 12 Microsoft Word pages each, which I feel is a good, standard length. Like Season One, the further into the competition the story goes the longer the days become on paper.

In closing, I hope you all enjoyed Season One and are looking forward to Season Two!