- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The action is beginning to emerge!!
"Oh my God," Matt whispered, his eyes never straying from the trees. Hope quickly got to her feet and grabbed David fiercely by the arm.
"We have to get out of here!" Hope screamed, tears streaming down her cheeks. "Which way did we come from?!"
"I-I don't know," David sadly uttered.
"Shit! Shit, shit, shit!" Hope wildly turned in all directions, desperately searching for a way home. Matt slowly crawled to Courtney and nudged her to consciousness. "I think we came from that way!" Hope nervously announced.
"Just check your phone, stupid," Courtney muttered after she wiped off her mouth. Hope dug into her pocket furiously, returning her hand in a fist. She revealed her cell, and checked the home screen.
"No service," Hope said. She started to cry with her face buried into her hands. David approached her and took her into his arms.
"We can't stay here," Matt stated. "And I'm not exactly up for running through the forest, either."
"Then what are we supposed to do?" Courtney tried to warm her hands by breathing on them. Just then, a bloodcurdling scream tore through the silence. The group looked around them as they tried to find the source. The sounds of branches breaking echoed in the dark. The sounds were also getting closer. Matt jumped back when a woman's body, apparently separated from the head, had landed a few feet from him after hurdling through the tree tops.
"Run!" David screamed, quickly pulling on the shirts of Courtney and Hope. Matt followed closely behind, looking behind him to see what had happened. He could hear more branches breaking. No, those were trees breaking. But how?
He stopped to try and hear. Matt was confused; he had just heard trees falling, now he heard nothing. Straining his eyes, he looked intently at the darkness before him. Screaming bore into his ears, and he immediately turned around to return to the group far ahead. Running swiftly, all he saw was David and Courtney holding onto each other.
"W-here's-Hope?" He sputtered, out of breath.
"Gone," Courtney solemnly replied.
"What? What happened?"
David only looked at the ground, "I don't know. She was right there behind us. Then I turned around, and she wasn't there. She just wasn't there."
"We have to get out of this damn forest," Matt grabbed Courtney's arm. She jerked her arm out of his grasp.
"No! We have to find her!" She angrily yelled.
"Fine, but we'll never find her in the dark. We need to find some place to sleep."
" I'm not leaving her," Courtney stubbornly said. She crossed her arms and stared at Matt.
"Then I'm sleeping right here." They all reluctantly got down on the cold ground and leaned on each other.

Matt slightly opened his eyes briefly, but closed them tight when the sun blinded him. He rolled over and stretched his arm out to hold Courtney. Grass grazed against his hand, and Matt snapped his eyes open. He struggled to get to his feet and looked around him. David was still curled into a ball next to him, but Courtney was no longer there.
"Damn it! She must have gone to look for Hope." Matt screamed into the morning air. David moved a bit, but made no attempt to get up. Matt kicked him and David jumped to his feet.
"What the fuck, man?"
"Courtney's gone," Matt told him.
David looked at the ground around them. "Shit." He looked around him slowly. The trees were as dead as they had been the night before. Dew sparkled the grass that littered the forest. All he saw was trees, nothing more. The sky was a magnificent blue, with few clouds dotting the horizon. It was warming up, but it sure wasn't warm yet.
"Where to?" David looked over at Matt.
"We find them."
Chapter End Notes:
Hopefully I can add chapters pretty quick