- Text Size +

Jon couldn’t believe his luck. He was going to get to live inside one of the first micro-cities in the U.S—Micropolis. After calling up the number and waiting a week to receive is free informational video, he was hooked to the idea. However, this time he would be shrunk even smaller. Micropolis is a replica of New York City that fits on one table. The new Freedom Tower stands about a foot tall on the replica. To Jon that one foot, will now be 1,800 feet to him making him, literally, microscopic.

 

The video went on to say that the government would be giving the first people to inhabit the miniature city two tickets to NYC for free. One ticket is for a guest to see them off. Ironically, due to the new shrinking involved in airlines, both people would shrink before they made it to NYC. The micro-city will be secured by the FBI in an undisclosed location. Jon and 49,999 of his future micropolians will be mass shrunk and then taken to their new home after getting to see the city they will be living in. The entire city will fit three-million and Jon is going to be one of the last few thousand shrunk as he needs to graduate from high school first.

 

The video stated that all of the buildings would be secured by magnets that connect them to the table. All the building’s will look the same as NYC, but appearances are deceiving as they are all made of a plastic material in order to be carried with ease if necessary.

 

Jon also learned that two to three giant women will be hired to watch over the city, at a time, to make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible. Women were chosen for this job since research suggested that giant males made people feel uneasy. The god’s will be in charge of taking the micro-sized people on field trips into the normal-sized world. There will be traveling-cases that can fit 100,000 people at a time. One of the bigger catches about joining the micro-city is that the government wants the people of the first city to be shrunk to make many public appearances is the giant world. They hope it will lead to more micro-cities cropping up and good public relations.

 

One of the downsides of shrinking so small, Jon found out he wouldn’t get to see his home ever again. However, his mother and sister can visit every once in a while, such as for holidays. Jon’s mother Diane, and sister, Amy, didn’t like that part but felt that it was Jon’s decision to make.

 

3 months after Jon’s graduation from high school…

 

It was the morning of Jon’s plane ride to NYC. He was looking forward to shrinking for the first time since his science class. Jon and his mother Diane made their way through the busy airport to the shrinking portal, where the thousands of passengers per plane were shrunk down and carried off by the giant stewardesses. This is the first time either Jon or Diane had ever been to the airport since overpopulation had taken affect.

 

“Attention ladies and gentlemen, those waiting to be shrunk for their flight to NYC need to go to the East Bridge, thank you.”

 

Jon and his mother followed the growing crowd. They entered the large room where about 25,00 people were going to be shrunk to the standard ¼ of an inch tall. Jon looked at the tickets that read “East Bridge, Gate 2, Carrying-Compartment 2.”

Jon looked around and noticed that their must have been around 25 giant-versions of the carrying-case he had been in when he went to school. This time though they extended about 1,000 feet with 4 rows of seats. Each row could hold up to 250 normal-sized people. He didn’t know that mass shrinking would shrink the carrying-case as well.

 

Jon grabbed his mother by the arm and strolled over to their seats. He looked at his ticket and it said “Row 4, Seats 111/112.” After trudging over people’s feet he finally was able to breath.

 

“I can’t believe we are about to be shrunk with so many people, I didn’t realize how many people flew,” Jon said to his mother.

 

“I know, it’s going to be weird to shrink like this. I’ve never had to really go through with it since we’ve lived in the same small town,” Diane said.

 

A beeping noise went through the huge room as 25,000 people were silenced. The loud speaker roared to life. The room’s began to be enclosed by the see-through roof. The ceiling turned into a giant monitor where three women appeared, all with nametags, uniforms, and their hair tied back. A cute blond woman named Katie held a microphone. Another blond named Liz stood next to a brunette named Sharon.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, the shrinking process will begin after I go through the boarding process. You will be shrunk to ¼ of an inch. Please remain calm as I, Katie, and my colleagues, Liz and Sharon, come and collect each of your carrying cases one-by-one. For those who haven’t flown before, we will be about 1,000 feet tall to your perspective. We have been trained to handle miniature people. If you need anything during your flight, just hit the button on the right side of your chair. We will come and claim you and then take care of what you need. There are also multiple shops and restaurants on board. As soon as the captain gives the all clear you will be able to get out of your seats and walk to the miniature carrying-cases that we will lift to certain destinations two times, one to bring you there, and one to bring you back to general seating before the plan lands. There will be a fourth giant helping us too.”

 

A picture flashed on the screen of an African-American woman named Rebecca.

 

“She is already on the plan making sure that the miniature staff is ready for general seating to come in. Everything on the plane will have see through glass such as what your looking at now, in order for us to make sure everyone is okay. The bathroom’s will not though, by law. We will be shrinking you now, I hope you enjoy Goddess Air.”

 

The women all gave a smile then the monitor went dark. People started talking again. Another beeping sounded meaning the shrinking was about to commence.

 

“Here we go!” Jon said to his mom enthusiastically.

 

A giant cylinder-structure came out of the ceiling. In an instant it zapped all 25,000 people and 25 carrying-cases with a bright light. Everyone looked up in amazement at how much larger the hanger that they were located in expanded in every direction. The 25 compartments began to rise as Jon looked up in wonder. From what he could tell the floor was raising by itself.

 

“What was that,” Diane asked.

 

“I think we are table level so the giants can pick us up without having to bend over We’re probably about 500 feet off the ground…,” Jon answered. Suddenly, the plexi-glass ceiling began to vibrate and a murmur erupted over the crowd of 1,000 people contained in Jon’s carrying-case. He couldn’t believe how many people fit in the case that was as large as a shoebox now. The vibrations got thicker; causing everyone’s heads to look up and await the four giant gods’s to take them to the plane.

 

That’s when they appeared. Everybody gasped as they saw the giants enter in a single file line. Jon raised his head watching as the giants surroundes the table that contained the 25,000 inhabitants. Each giant tower of a women looked down at the miniscule people on the table below. Jon stared up in wonderment as the God’s began to speak.

 

“NICE TO FINALLY MEET YOU, AGAIN I’M KATIE. EACH OF US WILL NOW PICK UP A SINGLE COMPARTMENT AND GIVE YOU A QUICK TOUR OF THE PLANE’S SHOPS AND RESTAURENTS, THEN PLACE YOU IN GENERAL SEATING. ONCE EVERYONE IS PACKED IN, TWO OTHER GIANTS WILL ENTER. IT WILL BE MARY, THE CAPTAIN, AND NICK, HER PARTNER. WE’RE LETTING YOU KNOW THAT NOW, SO YOU WON’T BE STARTLED WHEN TWO MORE GODLIKE PEOPLE ENTER THE PLANE. OKAY, LET’S BEGIN. I’LL BE TAKING THE FIRST ROW, REBECCA WILL BE TAKING THE SECOND,  LIZ THE THIRD, AND SHARON THE FOURTH. THANK YOU GUYS, ENJOY YOUR FLIGHT.”

 

Jon and Diane watched in amazement as the giant woman lifted up the first compartment in front of them. Looking up they saw the Goddesses hand’s take each side of the shoe-box sized room and lift it above there heads, level with the giant’s waste. Vibrations started again as she began walking. Suddenly, the giant ebony hands of Rebecca came down from the heavens. The tines were all facing the giant’s stomach. Her hands then came crashing down. Jon watched as a massive thumbs appeared above them pushing up against the roof, her hands then appeared at the sides of the room covering their view of the side. They began to rise as they looked into the giant’s beautiful face. They stopped as they neared her stomach. Her long arms extended outwards. The compartment began to be circled around as they could now see what lied ahead. Jon continued to watch above him as the giantess began to walk towards the plane. He turned around to see a wall of blue, and looked up and up, to see the giants chin looking straight ahead. The massive ebony woman was carrying 1,000 people with ease.  Jon watched as the previous giant who carried the first compartment came into view. The giants stopped and chatted for a second oblivious to the tiny souls being held in the two hands at waist level. Jon and the rest of the minute people watched as the Titan’s talked above them.

 

“HEY KATIE, THAT WAS QUICK!”

 

“YEAH I’M GETTING GOOD AT CARRYING THESE LITTLE PEOPLE. IT’S AMAZING HOW SMALL THEY LOOK. ANYWAY, WE SHOULD FINISH UP SO WE CAN GET GOING TO NYC.”

 

The giant woman turned and walked away and the miniature passengers were on the move again. Once they entered, they couldn’t believe what they saw. There was one large room with three long tables. The table in the middle had the first row of passengers already placed and ready for take off. To the far window, there was a long line of miniature-sized stores. No one could see the near side window as the massive hand blocked everyone’s view but a few rows. Word got around that it was the restaurants. Everyone continued to crane their head’s up looking at the gargantuan woman that held their lives in her hands. Jon watched as the giant women took her massive left hand away and lifted up a section of the table to go towards the miniature mall. Her hand came back into view, as the giant got closer to the stores.

 

“AS YOU CAN SEE LITTLE PASSENGER’S, THIS IS THE MINATURE MALL. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SHOP HERE LATER ON. BE SURE THAT YOU GET TO THE PROPER CARRYING CASE.”

 

The giant then turned around giving them a quick view of the miniature restaurants and their seating area for when the flight would take off.

 

“OVER BY THE OTHER WINDOWS ARE THE RESTAURANTS. SAME GOES AS I SAID BEFORE, MAKE SURE YOU GET TO THE RIGHT CARRYING CASE. THE SMALLER CASES WILL SURROUND THE GENERAL SEATING. YOU CAN WALK TO THE STORES OR RESTAURANTS IF YOU’D LIKE, BUT THAT WOULD TAKE YOU TEN MINUTES. THERE ARE ELEVATORS THAT TAKE YOU BELOW THE FLOOR TO SEE THROUGH TUNNELS. YOU CAN USE THESE TUNNELS TO NAVIGATE, BUT IT IS A HASSEL AND TAKES A LONG TIME. I WILL NOW PLACE YOU INTO GENERAL SEATING.”

 

The massive thumbs from above their case disappeared as the carrying case was lowered onto the table. Jon and his mother watched in amazement as the giant stood at her full height towering over everyone. Her massive fingers then came down tapping the box.

 

“HAVE A NICE FLIGHT.”

 

Jon watched as the giant left. As soon she left another goddess made her appearance standing high above. Jon watched as she did the same demonstration as previous. Everyone continued to watch in amazement for about 20 more minutes as the giants came in and out giving the same tour. Finally, they were done as the looked at all the giants above. Rebecca and Sharon towered over his left side, while Liz and Katie towered over his right. Jon was in heaven. All 25,000 heads looked up as the God’s above began to converse as they awaited the titanic pilots.

 

“THAT ONLY TOOK US 20 MINUTES THIS TIME, WE’RE GETTING GOOD AT THIS,” Sharon’s voice thundered above.

 

“I KNOW. I THINK WE ARE FINALLY GETTING USE TO BEING GIANTS FOR A LIVING. I COULDN’T THINK OF A BETTER JOB AND THAN TO HELP MINITURE TRAVELERS,” Liz said.

 

The tiny people continued to look up as two more giants entered the plane’s main room. It was the titanic pilots. They both stood about the same height as the rest of the giant people. Mary, the women pilot, spoke.

 

“OKAY GIRLS, LET’S GET THESE MINI PEOPLE ON THE ROAD.”

 

The godlike redhead approached the 25,000 people staring up into her hazel eyes. They watched as she looked around making sure they were fastened in correctly. Her giant hand’s gripped each box. Her massive fingers approached Jon’s box as he watch the giant shake the 1,000 people alerting anyone who had somehow fallen asleep.

 

“LOOKS LIKE WE’RE GOOD, LET’S GET THIS MINITURE PEOPLE TO NYC, NICK.”

50,000 eyes watched the giant man and women leave. The four giants surrounding them then walked to the front to, probably to take their seats Jon assumed.

 

“This is pretty neat,” Jon said.

 

“Well you better get used to it, considering you’re going to be even smaller the next time you shrink.”

 

A few minutes later the plane took off on it’s way to NYC. Where Jon would become miniaturized for the rest of his life.