- Text Size +

“Just how deep does the hole go?”

“It… It looks like a… giant… foot print?” observed Anna.

In the grass was a indented shape, indentical to a human foot print about 20ft away from the campfire Mikey had made. Only this footprint was approximately 10 ft long and in the center lay a crushed plasma rifle and some blood.

“No way, there’s nothing that big on this planet, its biologically impossible due to the effects of gravity and other biological systems that fail when an organism becomes too large and if there was, we would of seen it by now” replied Amy.

“Not if it only comes out at night” said Brook. “Anyway, the important question is, where is Mikey?”.

“Do… Do you think this… Thing took him?” sobbed Anna, later joined by Amy.

“Keep it together girls!” Yelled Brook. “its kinda looking that way, yes. But we will find him and rescue him… Look. His rifle cartridge is depleted, he must of shot the shit outta that thing before it took him” Brook held up a burnt out plasma cartridge. “Maybe its injured and he’s already killed it and he’s just lost, we can track him with his bio suits chip and this tracking device.”.

The crew returned to the ship, gathered all the armour and guns they could and regrouped back at the giant footprint.

“Where to cap?” piped a confident Amy, cocking her plasma rifle.

-

“H- huh? What’s going on? Where am i?” A confused Mikey came too, completely stripped of his bio armour down to his underwear, breathing uneasily due to the foreign planet atmosphere, bloody and dazed with shooting pain in his abdomen and left arm. He was upside down attached to the ceiling of a cave by chains round his ankles.
He looked around to notice he was in some sort of cave which seemed infinitely huge but well lit by huge torches of flaming wood.
Looking in closer detail he also noted several skeletons hanging around him, anatomically correct to a human skeleton.

“But there are no intelligent life forms on this planet, what are these the ske-“ Mikey was cut off.

“Ah. Finally awake I see.” A huge but light feminine voice echoed through the cave, but Mikey was unable to locate the source.

“Who’s there!” He yelled.

“Such a strong little thing you are” giggled the voice.

“Little?! Who are you calling little! Come and say that to my face you son of a bitch, il kick your ass you no good piece of shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-“ Mikey’s voice faded.

Out of the shadows a huge form slowly lurked forwards. Its body was covered in some kind of brown rag with large rope securing it round its waist. It had lightly tanned skin with almost no imperfections considering it appeared to live in this cave. Its hair was long, blonde and messy but still looked kept somehow, and its eyes wear a piercing bright blue. It appeared to be a female human, in her mid-20s, but around 60ft tall.

“What the fuck are you?” Mikey gawked.

The creature only laughed.

“Im the giant, and you and your little crew just climbed my beanstalk.” Giggled the creature.

Mikey just sat there horrified.

“It’s been a long time since I’ve had a nice warm meal, and you look absolutely delicious.” She giggled again.

-

“How much further Brook?” Moaned Amy and Anna.

“Not far now, see that cave up ahead? That’s where his tracking chip signal is coming from.”

The crew advanced through the jungle, cutting down huge leaves and bushes to get to their destination, the foliage seemed to go on for ever until they finally reached the cave opening.

“I don’t know about this” said a worried Amy.

“Yeah this looks pretty dangerous… and scary.” added Anna.

“Do you want to save Mikey or not?” Deadpanned Brook.

No one answered but they collectively knew the right one.

The crew advanced into the cave.