- Text Size +

“Just how much do we sacrifice without even thinking about it?”

Anna awoke the next morning, still in the cockpit seat of the space craft, she just sat there, staring at a screensaver on the monitor infront of her displaying her and her crew from their days at training.

A few moments passed.

“Computer?” Anna asked.

‘Yes Anna, how may I help you?’

Check the remaining fuel cell power.



‘Remaining fuel: 5 per cent’

“Did the ships ‘ordinance’ survive the crash?”



‘Yes, all firearms are in 100 per cent working condition’

Anna hit a few buttons and levers here and there, and suddenly the metal beast rumbled to life. The ship was slightly damaged still from the crash but could fly with little to no obvious flaws.

“Computer, locate last known location of either Captain Brooks or Amy Lee” Said Anna.



‘I am sorry Anna, I am unable to locate the captain, or Amy Lee’.

“Shit”.

“Locate bio suit chip of one, Smith, Michael.”





“Come on you piece of shit!”

‘Bio suit located’
“hahaha, ive got you now you son of a bitch” Anna contemplated.

She forced the lever labelled ‘Thrust main 1 & 2’ as far as it would go, and the response from the engines pinned Anna into her seat.

“Computer, start-up sequence 1772-b, Emergency protocol under co-pilot Anna Sharp, self-destruct sequence 199” Anna yelled over the sound of the engines whinning.

‘Ready for voice activation of self-destruct sequence, you have 5 minutes to activate the sequence or the sequence will terminate’ replied the computer.

“Begin sequence!” Yelled Anna.

‘Self-destruct sequence activated, you have 5 minutes to escape the spacecraft’

“Perfect!” Grinned Anna.

‘…4 minutes remaining’

‘…3 minutes remaining’

‘…2 minutes remaining’

‘Emergency …1 minute remaining. Evacuate the ship immediately’

“Im back bitch!”

Anna opened fire upon the giantess’ body, all 4 plasma cannons blazing hot as she sped into the cavern.

“high beams, on!” she commanded.

Suddenly, the cavern was filled with light, the walls were illuminated but the roof was still too high to be visible.

The giantess took a swing at the ship, clipping one of its wings and two cannons. Black smoke started billowing out of the rear, and the engines began to choke.

“come on baby, don’t quit on me now!”

Anna punched the afterburners on and climbed high into the cavern, leaving the giantess below.

200 feet. 300 feet. 500 feet.

The engines finally quit and the ship stalled, gracefully came to a stop mid-air before nosing back down towards the cavern floor and the awaiting giantess.

10 seconds.

400 feet

9…

8…

300 feet

7…

6…

200 feet

“deploy airbrakes!”

5…

4…

3…

100 feet.

2…

80 feet

70 feet

1…

The giantess mouth was wide open, for a second, she and Anna made eye contact, one staring at the star ship speeding into her mouth, the other directly down this huge creatures throat.
The ship slid past her lips, teeth ripping the wings off like paper as it, sparks flying everywhere, it slipped down her tongue and straight into her throat and down her oesophagus.
Time slowed down around Anna as the ship barrelled down this creatures throat, still with its lights on Anna could see every detail of the inside of this beast, until slowly she saw the end, the bottom, the beasts stomach.

‘Zero’.

Just as the ships nose made contact with the giantess’ stomach acid, it erupted in an unholy shower of flames, expanding outwards until it reached the walls of the creatures stomach. The beast was instantly ripped in half at the stomach, her organs and blood painted the inside of her cavern. Her dead corpse lay on the floor of the cavern in two half’s, eyes open in death. Out of her mouth, slid one metal star ship wing with a piece of torn fabric wrapped round a metal shard. Embroided on the fabric was, ‘-harp, An-‘.


“We tell tales to our young of distant fantasy worlds of fairies and unicorns, but what really goes on in these so-called make belief places? Climbing the beanstalk would be a bad idea on… Fantaria.

The end.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoyed the story.

Little bit different from my usual stuff.

Tell me what you liked or what you didnt like in a review if you want to.

Im open for comments and critism.

Also if you could rate this story that would be fab! :)

And above all, happy holidays!