- Text Size +
After calming my self down about the fact that me and Hope are now BOTH shrunk, I sat down to think about a solution to the problem. Maybe we could wait until someone opens the door and we sneak out? No, we'll have no idea where to go at this size. Flag one of her family members and ask them to help? No, too risky. Her parents could be loony like her, or they'll think we're bugs and they'll squish us.

"So this is what it's like to be this small, huh?" I hear Hope say behind me.

I turn around and see Hope sitting down on the floor, looking at the floor.

"Well, yeah. But there's more to the story than you can know." I say, accidentally forgetting about the deal I made with Eternity.

"What?" She questions me as she looks up at me. "What do you mean?"

"Nothing. It's nothing. But what is something, is how we're going to get out of this Insane Asylum." I say, pacing back and forth again.

Hope and I turn our brains on and start thinking. I pace back and forth while she sits there, looking coldly at the carpeted floor. No ideas pop into my head as I pace. Well they do, but the thing we need to find out, is how we're going to get home. We can get out, without extreme difficulty, still difficult though, but we have no way home. Then, Hope and I are jolted with fear as we hear a doorbell ring. I can hear to faint voices through the door. One was a kid's voice, most likely 12 years old.

"I'm scared, this is my first time doing this Amanda! What do I say?!" The nervous voice says.

The second voice was a female voice.

"Calm down Joseph. It's simple, just ask them if they want to buy some girl scout cookies." "Amanda" says.

"But what if- EW! What the heck is this!" Joseph says.

"What kind of prank is this? Who pours slime on a couple of-" Amanda stops there.

This can't be good. But then that means she didn't see me, she just shrinks anyone that is unfortunate enough to walk right up to her door and knock or ring the doorbell. Within a few seconds I see a pair of familiar feet walk by. The door opens and I crawl to the edge of the couch, but still in an area where she can't see me. I hear screaming as I watch her bend over and grab the tiny people. She stands up and I see two tiny objects in her hand, squirming, but clothed. How did their clothes shrink with them, but it didn't with Hope? The door closes and the air from the quick closure pushes me back a little. Jessica then turns around and leaves off to her room.

"Oh no! We have to go help them!" I hear Hope say behind me.

I look at her and say "You do know we are about only three inches, right?"

"I know, but.... but we can't leave them in the hands of that.... that.... monster!" Hope says, fumbling with words.

"We don't know our way around this house though! And if we get squished, or worse, caught, it's game over! We need to think this through!" I say.

"Please! We can try at least, right?" Hope says looking up at me with her puppy dog eyes.

She has a genuine heart. She is really kind, deep down to her core. Risking her life for the sake of others. I might as well try to help those kids. There's already enough damage done. I have almost nothing left to lose. Except for Hope. I would lose my mind if I lost Hope. In the short time I've known her, a few days, she is too kind of a person to get hurt. I have to make sure nothing happens to her.

"Okay. I'll go. But you stay here. Stay hidden so she can't find you. It'll be a while before I come back, or if I come back at all. But do NOT come for me. Just stay safe." I say looking into her eyes.

I feel an odd feeling in my heart. It starts rising up to my head. What is this?

"Okay. I will." She says looking back into my eyes.

I turn away, before anything else could develop. I have feelings for Hope. I admit it. How though? I've only known her for a short period of time, and I have terrible memories from Eternity. Speaking of Eternity, What is she doing right now? Oh well. I start walking away from
Hope, to the edge of the couch that is closest to the hallway. As I walk, I feel the coldness of the hardwood floor under the soles of my feet. There is an AC vent under the couch, hitting me with freezing air. The dust under here clings to my skin, and I inhale through my nose, to try to get the least amount of dust in my throat. Dust bunnies are scattered everywhere. There's a bit of light pouring in from a weak nightlight that was forgotten under here. This house has a eerie feel to it. My foot is then stuck in something sticky and yellow. I bend down and smell it. Animal urine. It's still wet, so that isn't good. I stick my foot out of the puddle and try to dry it by wiping across the floor. It doesn't work.

I round to the corner of the hallway and see five doors. Assuming the one with Zebra prints on the door is hers, I walk to it. It's opened just a crack, but wide enough for me to squeeze through. Instantly, my feet are met with soft carpet. Distracted with the carpet, I almost jumped up when I heard Jessica giggle a distance away from me. She was taping a band-aid to her foot, with something in the middle of the band-aid and her foot. I stay close to the wall as I maneuver over to her. I try to move as slowly as possible, but I want to see what is happening. Squinting, I see a tiny form struggling against the band-aid bonds holding him to Jessica's giant foot. She wiggles her toes and giggles. It must be that Joseph kid from earlier. Then, still sitting down, she put on her socks and some running shoes. Without hesitation, she walks out of the room and turns off the light, and closes the door after her. I look around and hear a growling. I freeze, since it's so dark, anything can pop up at me. The growling is coming from my left. I slowly turn around, but something jumps on me and licks my face. Opening my eyes, I see it's a dog, but shrunken. So it was if I wasn't shrunken and the dog wasn't either. He barks at me and wags his tail. I pet him and he licks my finger. A dog? Really Jessica? I guess he's mine now. Time to look for the other kid. She wasn't on Jessica's other sole, so she must be here somewhere. God, I wish I was a rock climber, I think to myself as I look up at the mountainous drawer in front of me. This is going to be a pain.
Chapter End Notes:
Please comment!