- Text Size +

The following Monday, a boy found and went through the a new Trans-D tube, which came out beside a large clump of ivy, which grew on the side of a giant building.

 

“It’s another universe,” he thought, “This must be a parallel earth, where everything is giant sized, relative to mine.”

 

Zayni began climbing the ivy, until he reached a window ledge, and looked in through the glass. There was a pretty giant lady packing up science experiment equipment, after the students from her school had presumably finished the lesson and left for the day. He stared at her in admiration and fascination, until she happened to look in his direction and notice him.

 

She walked over and opened the window.

 

“You must have come through the Trans-D tube,” she said, “I tried to expand it. I’m Lyndal.”

 

“I’m Zayni, and you’re right,” he said, not knowing that the tube he’d used was one of many, “I’m from an earth of people my size. My mother used to insist on giving me brown bread sandwiches in prep school. I hated brown bread. I’d throw them out, and go hungry, until the teachers found out and made me see a doctor with my parents. When I told the doctor I hated brown bread, he told my parents that some people err it on the health side, and recommended they switch to white bread. My mother still cooks a few things I don’t like for dinner and says to eat what I’m given. So I wonder what giants like to eat.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Alfie and Lera’s passions increased so much over the next few days, that they decided to do a sudden wedding instead, and arranged it very quickly, by telephoning only those they wanted to invite, revealing the secret of the size differences to them alone.

 

Alfie had done voluntary youth work in his spare time, since he was little more than a child himself. He had made many friends along the way, as some of those children had reached adulthood. The best of these friends were on the invitation list for his wedding.

 

So it was that Alfie confided about Lera to each and every one of his guests, and arranged for all of them to follow him through the forest to the Hole between worlds, on the day of the wedding.

 

Lera had eventually invited a number of her old high school friends, whom she had met when she went to the school now attended by Chely. It had been difficult, explaining the reason that Chely would not be at the wedding. The girl was now living with her father, and might well otherwise have become a boarder at the school instead of a day girl.

 

She had chosen those few of her friends who were still single, as Alfie did not want to have any giant men at the wedding.

 

Soon everyone was congregated in Lera’s garden. Lera came walking slowly out of the house in her bridal dress. Alfie was captivated by her incredible beauty.

 

The Reverend performed the ceremony, and then Lera’s friend Diana helped to serve the reception food and refreshments to all of the relatively smaller people from Alfie’s side of the guest list.

 

The reception went on into the evening, and nobody was initially aware that a ten year old boy named Peter had snuck out into of his grandmother’s garden, since he was staying at her house on earth, took a moonlight walk in a forest and found a trans-dimensional tube. It was the one that opened into Lera’s giant garden, where he found a reception in full swing.

 

Suddenly Diana saw Peter and darted towards him.

 

“What’s this little uninvited guest doing?” she asked.

 

“Down, down, down, into a bush!” thought Peter and darted undercover. Lera came over and looked down and spotted Peter hiding.

 

“Why he’s only a little boy,” said Lera, smiling in a friendly way, “He can stay if he’d like to.”

 

“Thank you, giant lady,” he said.

 

Diana became a little more friendly towards Peter, and he eventually asked if she would take him home with her to keep.

 

“I think I’d personally prefer a man my own age and size,” said Diana, “But I know where you might meet someone else like Lera, who’s interested in tiny men like yourself. In three weeks time, our old girls high school is having its end of term one fete on a weekday in May. You could stay with me until then, and then I’ll take you. I can always bring you back here, if you don’t meet any girlfriend who wants to keep you with her. There’d be old girls, current girls of the school and teachers there.”

 

“Thank you. You’re very kind,” said Peter.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Zayni had just asked Lyndal about the eating habits of giants.

 

“I think I can give you a first hand insight into that,” said Lyndal, “Here in this school, many of us eat the roasts and desserts prepared by the cooks in the boarding house dining hall. However, there are at least two other teachers (as well as myself)  who have acquired a taste for a more distinguished menu item on our palates. I’m referring to the dining pleasure of gulping down little boys from your school whole. The other two have enjoyed at least one boy each already. You’re the first one I’ve had the chance to meet.”

 

Lyndal closed up the science laboratory, and rested Zayni back on the window ledge. She stepped out the window and sat down with her back resting on the ivy, and Zayni in her hand. They were surrounded by bushes.

 

“Perhaps if you described your ideal choice of boy, I could make notes for my book, and then bring one back for you from my school,” said Zayni.

 

He was a decent sort of young gentleman and had no intention of handing her another quarry, but his best chance of escape lay in convincing her that he would.

 

“Now now, Zayni. There’ll be no exchanging your fate for someone else’s,” she said, “We have a nice cosy spot here, and I’ll be the only one who leaves it the way she came.”

 

Lyndal took a small breath spray out of her pocket, and imitated the voice of one of those cosmetic product advertising models on the television.

 

“When I need to freshen up my mouth, I always use Clearfresh mouth spray,” she said, and sprayed a little into her mouth, “Clearfresh makes my mouth fresh and clean, without any minty smell. Use Clearfresh on your mouth. You never know who’s going to pop in.”

 

She winked at Zayni, and put him into her mouth and instantly understood why Christine Long and Brooke St Albans were so devoted to their cause. Lyndal gulped Zayni down and stood up and walked out of the bushes very satisfied with her first tiny earth boy meal.

 

 

At the end of the day, Mosa came to collect Matilda, having agreed to mind her granddaughter for the duration of the honeymoon, but also having refused to attend the wedding and reception herself.

 

Diana took Peter home with her.

 

Alfie’s guests returned through the trans-dimension tube in Lera’s garden, to emerge in the forest on earth. Lera’s other guests also returned home.

 

Lera had rented a honeymoon cottage, which was in reasonable walking distance from her home. In this world, such arrangements were common practice. Lera set out with Alfie and reached the cottage an hour before sunset, and took Alfie inside.

 

She put Alfie on the bed.

 

“Have you ever done anything of a marital nature before marriage?” she asked.

 

“No. I’ve been completely single up until now. I saved myself during my other relationships, for the right person in marriage.”

 

“Given the limitations of our marriage, that makes me feel very special,” she said, and began removing her wedding gown in front of him, “And it means that you’ve never had a view like this before.”

 

Soon she stood before him completely devoid of clothing, her giant figure inviting him to draw close to it. She lay down on the bed, and let him climb all over her chest and lie on the point where the left and right sides met. They were both aroused extensively anyway, and neither felt any disappointment.

 

After the honeymoon, another week went by, and Lera prepared to go to the old school fete.

 

“I won’t take you, since Chely will be there. I’ll take Matilda, and you could always spend some time on your own world,” said Lera.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Elsewhere, Mrs Long serenaded her young friend Casey with another song about the fate she had in mind for many of his former class mates:

 

Young Peter felt love for a teacher at school;

But when he was near her, he felt like a fool.

One day in a forest, he found a tall vine,
And climbed to the clouds just below the skyline.

 

The cloud soon gave way to a garden of plants.

But all of that climbing had weakened his stance.

He rested a while and then went for a walk,

Remembering tales of a vegetable stalk.

 

He stepped from the garden, to look at a house,

Which made him feel less than the size of a mouse.

The house was at least some 200 feet high.

“But Jack did alright,” thought the lad with a sigh.

 

He crossed the large lawn and then threw all his weight

Straight into the door. Then he stood still and straight.
The woman who came to the door was not small.

She was a huge giant, and that was not all.

 

He stared up. It was his old teacher he saw.

She looked down at him and then lowered her jaw.

Her dress reached almost to the top of her socks.

They stared at each other. They’d both had some shocks.

 

“Well Peter, I haven’t seen you for a while,”

She said, and knelt down with a delicate style.

“But how did you gain such considerable size?”

He asked at he stared at his heart’s desire’s eyes.

 

“I can’t tell you that, but I’m glad that you came,”

She said, “For this story won’t be quite the same

As one you remember, but Peter, yum yum

Will be my prediction of what will become

 

Of you, little school friend, before this day ends.”

“But Miss Long,” said Peter, I thought we were friends.”

“A friend would be just what I’m happy to eat,”

Said Miss Long. She seized him and rose to her feet.

 

He thought of the day he’d been glad to first meet her.

“Now you just wait here on this tall table Peter,”

She said, “While I go and get something to drink.”

“But please don’t do this, said the school boy, “Just think

 

How I can be useful to someone like you.”

“You will,” Christine laughed, “I shall see that you do.”

“I’ve got to escape,” thought the boy with a frown,

And he used a napkin to parachute down.

 

He ran for his life, and had soon crossed the floor.

She came back and saw him slip under the door.

She opened it up, as he crossed her huge lawn.

His chance of escape was becoming forlorn.

 

“Come back you small boy, said the towering giant.

But Peter could do worse than being defiant.

She soon crossed the lawn and then searched among flowers.

“I must get away. She’s much taller than towers,”

 

Thought Peter, “Her legs are much longer than mine.

She’ll catch me, unless I can get to the vine.

How she grew that big I just can’t understand;

But I must get out of her oversized land.”

 

She crouched on her knees and then started to crawl

In search of young Peter. His ears heard her call:

“Well Peter, you’re less than the height of a cup.

I’ll find you and catch you and eat you all up!”

 

He came to the spot, but the vine was not there.

She burst through the flowers and gave him a scare.

Then licking her lips, she secured him and said,

“You silly young boy. You just should use your head.

 

You thought that you could run away and then hide.
I’ll swallow you whole, while you swallow your pride.”

“Please no, Miss Long, spare me. I want you to know:

I’ll do what you want, if you just let me go.”

 

“No. Not on your scared little life, you look great.

You’ll soon be the tastiest meal that I ate.

She opened her mouth, like a jovial clown,

And put him inside it and gobbled him down