- Text Size +
After Gina had almost ate me, lunch was practically almost over. Selena came back and I was already pretty much dried. I didn't look suspicious so she just ate her food as if nothing happened. Because in her eyes, nothing did. She gave me a hefty piece of the hamburger she had gotten. I ate just about half before I became too full.



I'm sitting down, right next to Selena's plate when I see Tess. My draw drops when I see her. She's wearing "skinny jeans", a light blue blouse and her hair falls loosely past her shoulders. Her skinny frame is illuminated from the sunlight coming from outside. She looks... fantastic! No one is around her so I assume she's walking alone. I'd make a move, but lunch would be over already by the time I got there on my own. All I do is sit here, love struck. She just grabs a plate for salad bar and she gets various fruits. From what I can see, she's a fan of Mango.

"Whadd'ya looking at Micheal?" I hear Selena ask.

Startled, I simply say "Just at the students. This place is a lot to take in."

"Sure you are. I see you staring at Tess over there." She says with a mischievous giggle.

I quickly turn my head to look at her and I see a huge grin on her face.

"What? That's crazy! I'm not..." she keeps the grin on her face and I surrender. "Okay. I was."

"I can take you to go talk to her if you want." She says, her grin slowly fading.

"Really? I mean... I don't know." I reply.

"Of course I will. Want to go?" She asks.

"Yes, please." I say back.

She pushes her chair back and puts her hand palm side up next to the table. I step onto it and she cups her other hand around me, as to make sure I don't fall out. Her steps jostle me a bit, she's walking pretty fast. Before I can say a word, we're already at Tess' table. Selena grabs me by the waist with her thumb and index finger, and just places me on the table. Without a word, she just walks away. I try to call out to her but I just close my mouth. She's already back at her table. I turn around and see Tess' curious eyes pointed right at me. Her bright eyes stare deeply into mine.

"H-Hi there." I stutter out.

"Hello there." She replies in the most beautiful and sweet voice I've ever heard.

She lowers her head and rests it atop her crossed arms. This levels her eyes to my body.

"H-How are you?" I say awkwardly.

"I'm good. How are you?"

Her breath smells like mint, even though we just ate. Oh god, I didn't really think that Selena would take me! This is so embarrassing!

"I... I'm good." I say.

A silence fills the air as we stare at each other. Her eyes have no menacing look in them, nor a hostile feel. She looks curious. Like she's studying me.

"Listen..." I say, "I... I just want to know why you pulled me off my sister's hand earlier today. Or at least why so roughly."

"Well how else would I have gotten a good look? Besides from now, of course." She says, not breaking eye contact.

"Do you... know... my sister?" I ask.

"Well, I used to. It's a boring story. Not even a story really."

"I'd be willing to hear anything you say."

"Well alright. Selena and I were good friends. We'd hang out together, talk, and just have fun. But... ever since my parents died... I kind of pushed society away. Who needs people?"

Her parents died? I can relate since my dad... but both of them?

"I'm... I'm sorry for your loss." I whisper.

"Thank you. So, enough about me, what about you? What's your name? Mine is Tess by the way."

"My name is Micheal. Micheal Dixon." I blandly reply.

"Micheal? That's a cool name. I like it." She says.

Before I could say anything else, the bell rings, signaling that lunch has ended.

"Time to go. Who do you have next?" She asks.

"I have Mr.Krayson this period. What about you?"

"I have him too. Would you like a lift?"

"Yeah." I say as a smile appears on my face. "I'd like that."

She stands up from her chair and proceeds to push it in under the table. I see her long slender fingers reach for me and they wrap around my entire body. She picks me up off the table with extreme care and she places me in her palm, letting her right hand fall back to her side. I sit in her hand, cross-legged as I scan the cafeteria for signs of Gina or Selena. Nothing. Only a couple of people, including me and Tess, remain in the almost empty room. Her fingers curl up, making a safety barrier to prevent me falling off the edge of her hand. Then she starts walking. I get that feeling when you start a car and it lurches forward, like my stomach. After the liftoff, it's just a smooth ride. She walks down the hall, keeping her eyes ahead. I look up and see her keeping a straight face. She looks almost completely emotionless.

Although the cafeteria was quiet and empty, the hallways are buzzing, since the bell just rang. As Tess strides through the hallway, I again receive more looks of astonishment and curiosity. I can't complain. I mean, if I was normal sized I would be weirded out too. While she walks down the hall, I decide to have some fun. I start making weird faces back at the people. My first was a strange grin as I opened my eyes as wide as I could. The girl I did it to moved her head back in disbelief and giggled. The next I stuck my tongue out and crossed my eyes. I got different reactions from everybody. I got to a point where I didn't even see their faces anymore, I was just making faces. Until... I made a face at Johnathan Tulls. I realized my mistake when I saw no reaction of laughter or giggling. On his face, I only saw malice. After we passed him, I just sunk lower into Tess' palm.

We finally made it to our destination. Mr.Krayson's room. I thought I'd see some old faces, old as in I've seen already, but there were none. Only Tess was recognizable. Tess, with me still in hand, took a seat in far right of the class. She set me on the table, then sat down. People kept coming into the room, one by one. I spotted the teacher in the front of his class, looking at a paper. Most likely the class roster.

After a few minutes, the bell rings and the hallways become empty. The class is full and again, no familiar face in sight. Everyone's been seated and the teacher decides to get up and address the class. He arises from his seat, wearing pants and a button shirt. He has a black beard that reaches a little lower than his neck, and he wears glasses that have rounded rims.

"Good afternoon class. I hope you all are enjoying your first day back." He receives mixed responses from the students. "Before we get started, I'd like to introduce a special new student. His name is Micheal Dixon. Micheal, would you stand up please?" Mr.Krayson says, turning his attention to me.

I stand up and every pair of eyeballs in the room stick to me. The pressure makes want to shrink even more, out of existence.

"Hi." I whisper out as I awkwardly wave.

The students look to one another and whisper things.

"Class settle down. Our first lesson will be..." his voice fades out, as I've lost focus.

I sit down and feel dizzy. I fall back, but I fall into Tess' palm. It was behind me to support me. She looks down at me and smiles. Then, she continues to pay attention. My back presses into the soft flesh as I stretch and slip a bit lower. Her fingers curl around me, making a makeshift blanket. I look up at her beautiful face, as I doze off...