- Text Size +

5. Soups On

For the longest time I've been doing nothing but staring up at the roof above me. I don't know how I'm going to live like this, I'm so easy o physically manipulate and dominate at this size. And no matter how hard I tried to make up for that I always came out with the short end of the stick, Maddison and Liza can attest to that. Even worse since all it took was a little over a day and a half with Maddison to leave me in a near crippled state. Even though that maniac is out of my life the odds of me ever returning to normal are abysmal. How will I ever make something of myself, get a career, or even fall in love!? Will I have to spend the rest of my life needing someone to care for me, being looked at like a carnival sideshow? It's a horrific future and I refuse to accept a life such as that.

Luckily I heard the door open and disrupted my pessimistic thoughts and she had a bowl of hot soup. " I hope I didn't take too long, but here it is." Elise said placing the bowl on a small table that was by the bed I was in.

I simply stared at the bowl a bit taken back at the multiple flaws in me trying eat right now. For a normal sized person this would be no problem, but I'm not normal sized and this is a monumental task. For starts the bowl is too far away for me to reach it. Secondly, it's steaming hot and I'd be wasting my breath trying to cool it down. In the event I did get around those first two obstacles; the spoon was far too big for me to handle.

" Alright, let me know if it's too hot." Elise spoke as she grabbed the spoon and scooped up some of the soup with it. If Elise is saying that does that mean what I think it means?

I think it does since Elise started ot blow on the soup until the steam was gone, and she started to bring it forward to my mouth.

" Open wide." She said even opening her own mouth as a demonstration, going a step further by using her pointer finger of her free hand to life up my chin so none of it will spill onto me. It was hard not to to notice the soft feel of her warm flesh touching mine. All the worse since that made have to look her directly in the face, that flawless white skin and her wavy black hair that flowed a little past her shoulders was a magnificent sight to see, so much that I didn't realize my jaw beginning to drop because of her beauty.

Elise thought that it was me complying though and readily put the spoon to my mouth, then titled it slightly for me to swallow it. The soup tasted pretty good and it was at a much more bearable temperature since she blew on it. I'm sure at my state of hugner that anything would've tasted good.

" Very good." Elise said, curling her light pink lips into a smile as she scooped another spoon full of soup and blew on it again. I would've like to exert some sort of independence or self-sufficiency, but I would only be fooling and making an idiot out of myself so I gave in.

The cycle repeated a few minutes longer and I saw Elise's smile grow wider as she continued to feed me, I wonder if she's enjoying this.

" Okay, that's enough please." I said, at my size my stomach can't handle a lot of food at once understandably.

" Oops I forgot, you must not be able to eat a lot. Oh well you can have some more later if you want." Elise said as she looked at the television remote on th e table next to the soup bowl.

" Silly me perhaps there's something you want to watch." Elise suggested, picking up the remote and pressing th e power button. The t.v. clicked on and it was on the news channel which was in the middle of a broadcast.

" In recent news the bizarre disappearances within the county has continued to occur, so far a total of 12 people have been reported missing. It is speculated that someone has kidnapped them, however there is no evidence to place a suspect on the theory. There also has been no traces found from any of the missing people. Please contact us if you have any information that can help or have seen any of the following peo- " Elise changed the channel before the news anchorman finished the segment.

Why the hell would she do that!? I can't help but wonder if I'm one of the people they're talking about, wait. . could all the missing people they're talking about be victims of Maddison? These questions will be unanswered for now partly because of Elise.

" Uh, hey Miss Elise I was watching that." I said, I had to be careful not to sound too suspicious. Although maybe this isn't all bad. If my name or face was mentioned on the broadcast that would've opened the door to several complications.

" Oh, sorry. I sorta uh hate the media." Elise hollowly responded, I can clearly tell it's a lie, she visibly looks bothered with a concerned look in those green eyes.

" What's the matter Elise?"

Elise only stared at me for a moment, but she realized that her facade wasn't working

" Gosh I never was a good actor." Elise sighed and sat down by the side of the bed.

" Well the truth is my eldest daughter is one of the people who has been reported missing in all these strange disappearances. She's been missing for about a month now and no signs or traces of her has been reported. It's been so tough for Louise to deal with." Elise voice was starting to crack a bit talking about the matter was making her very upset.

I genuinely feel bad for her, being a parent and knowing one of your offspring are missing must be a horrible feeling.

" Is that why Louise is so feisty?" I asked trying to put two and two together.

" Sort of, they were very close and Loise looked up to her a lot. She doesn't know how to handle another person leaving her life." Elise finished closing her eyes for a second trying to regain some of her composure.

" I've been trying to bond with her over the Summer and took some time off to work to spend time with her, but she continues to push away." Elise looked down feeling ashamed of herself for being unable to get through to her child. Maybe I was too critical of them both before, they both seem to be hurting a lot inside.

" Elise, I'm sorry for how I acted before, you know you're a good person and an even better mother." I said to cheer her up, so far she's been the nicest person I've encountered in ages, well it's only been a little over a week, but it sure as hell feels longer though.

" Thank you Franky. Since you're taken care of for now, I'm going to go out for a little while, you should try to get some rest while I'm gone. I'll try to get some materials from my office that will accommodate for your size a little better." Elise softly smiled and sounded a little more assured as s he took the bowl and walked out the room.

A few moments later I heard her car keys jingle which let know Elise was about to leave, I guess it is a good idea to get some sleep with a peace of mind.

" Louise, Jenna! I'm going out for a bit, and will be back later." Elise screamed upstairs and made her departure soon after as I heard the front door close.

So much for peace of mind since I forgot about the gals upstairs and I already know Louise isn't too fond of me. Maybe if I'm lucky though they'll both leave me alone and I can apologize later.

Wishful thinking as always since a few short moments later I heard several footsteps coming from upstairs, I can feel it to my core that they were coming downstairs. And thus they did, maybe they want a snack or something and will go back upstairs. With each passing passing step they took my denial shrunk away as their steps got closer. My heart felt like it was descending into my stomach. I was a lamb waiting for the slaughter and the slaughter has arrived in the form of Louise and Jenna standing at the door, peering at me.