- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Just so there isn't confusion from this point the story is being told from Franky's perspective. For all the scenes Franky isn't involved in will be told in a third person POV.

3. Rise and Shine

I vaguely recall mentioning that my life didn't flash before my eyes preceding my near-death moments, well I got that pleasure right now, every last event I experienced from the last few weeks flooded through my mind at speeds I never thought was possible. I tried extremely hard to move, but I had limited results, I actually feel something holding it place.

Even though I can barely think straight right now, I tried to open my eyes which proved to be my most difficult task yet since they were reacting very sensitively to the light. I had to open them very slowly so they can re-adjust to it and eventually they stayed open. It took a good minute for my sight to get re-orientated and for me to see everything with clarity. Much to my horror I was surrounded by people that I had no clue to who they were. . . .Then again. . . where the hell I am I!??! Needless to say I'm pretty frightened, there were three gigantic girls above me that seemed just as dumbfounded to see me than I was to see them.

Wait, that's right I remember now, I was shrunk! The memories poured into my mind recapping the events that happened to me, from being shrunken by Maddison, surviving her horrible games, meeting Liza, tricking Maddison, being shrunk again, both of them turning on me, and of course suffering the worst abuse I ever had in my life to being thrown off a cliff into a raging river. . . .But, that must mean. .

" I'm alive. . . ." I spoke out loud in disbelief.

" Oh em gee! Are you like an alien!?!" Said this one girl about 5'5 perhaps with long chestnut brown hair and hazel eyes, she doesn't sound too bright.

" H-he spoke. . ." Said another girl that stood beside the ditzy one, she was a blonde with red highlights.

" Goodness can you at least try to make him feel reassured." Said an older women maybe in her 30's, she looks great for her age no less with black hair and green eyes, she stood noticeably taller than the other two, maybe 6'0 even, she also had the tips of her fingers on my body to keep me in place.

" Yes you're alive. My name is Elise and I helped you from the brink of death. Over there is my daughter Louise who found you and her best friend Jenna." Elise explained, pointing at Louise and Jenna respectively as she introduced them.

" W-why?" I asked. I'm not sure how to receive these news, I'm no pessimist but that beating I took at the hands, feet, and mouths of Maddison and Liza should've killed me, let alone being tossed into a river where I thought I would've drowned. My body is as sore as can be, not to mention I've never felt so physically weak before and mentally for that matter. The icing on the cake being any hope of returning to normal size is gone, and here I am as hapless as can be under these giant strangers, I have no idea what to do now. Quite frankly death doesn't sound all too bad right now, and I almost wish I did die.

" What do you mean why? It was the right thing to help someone in need." Elise responded rather surprised that I asked such a question.

" Speak for yourself, it was Louise who tripped on you." Jenna laughed.

" Tch, typical guy just an obstacle on the road, you should have stayed out of my way. At least you're small enough to be easily handled." Louise grunted, rolling her eyes at me.

" Are you such a bitch on purpose or is it natural to you?" I asked bluntly, I should be more careful in my choice of words among these behemoths, but what could they do to me that hasn't been done or attempted already?

On the other hand the three ladies looked flabbergasted out my outburst especially the bit- I mean Louise.

" What did you say to me you little bug!" Louise screamed, and looked like she was about to reach over to kill me, but Jenna held her shoulders to keep her restrained.

" Alright all of you that's enough! Louise and Jenna go upstairs to your room right now!" Elise strictly demanded.

" Mom, but!" Louise was going to protest but Jenna pulled her over and with a swift head motion gestured her to go upstairs, with that they both left. Once Elise heard the door upstairs close she turned her attention to me/

" Look we're only trying to help you, but I will not tolerate you referring to my daughter as a bitch." Elise sternly stated sounding very authoritative, oddly enough I didn't feel scared in the least.

" If the shoe fits I suppose and if you wanted to help you should've left me to die." I responded flatly, the cold hard fact is that I have little to live for right now, what can I possibly do or accomplish at this size?

" What do you mean let you die!? I can't let a little person in critical condition just pass away before my eyes! I'm trying to be your friend here, and you're being plain difficult." Elise boldly stated losing some of her composure.

The one word that caught my attention was "friend", the sheer word literally almost made me re-feel every ounce of pain and humiliation I suffered from my so-called "friends" who are responsible for the state I am in right now made me furious with anger.

" Oh what do you know about friends! It was because of 'friends' that made me end up like this! I was beaten within an inch of my life, and left to die! My life is over, I've got nothing, what do you want or expect of me?!? Do you want to use and abuse me too!?!" I lost it and started to pour out the trauma left in my mind, I was angry and sorrowful, keeping the tears from flooding my eyes was impossible.

Elise's face changed from authoritative to very soft and sympathetic as she released her hand off my body.

" I'm sorry um, please tell me your name" Elise asked softly trying to help me regain my composure.

" Franky." I replied. I started to wipe away my eyes with my hand.

" Okay Franky, well under some surveillance your bruises and lacerations will heal, do you have any guardian I can return you to?" Elise asked trying to be more sensitive now.

" No my real parents are dead, and I lived with foster parents who I didn't get along with very well. We lost contact awhile ago when I left for my first year of college." I responded, I guess it may sound sad, but to be honest that's something I came to terms with a long time ago. However, this does bring up the reality that I have no one dependable that I can rely on.

Elise's face became much more empathetic now like she could feel every bit of pain that I felt, and she seemed to be in a deep contemplative thought.

" The poor thing is so weak, small, hurt, and helpless. I can't leave him to fend for himself. Who knows how scientists would treat him. . " Elise thought to herself.

" Okay Franky I'll tell you what, you can stay here as long as you need to." Elise softly stated while smiling and brushing the top of my head with her finger.

How can she say something like that!?!? Surely there must be some kind of catch, she hardly knows a thing about me yet she'll let me stay in her house?!

" W-why would you let me!? I'm small, useless, and weak, I can't contribute anything!!" I protested, I can't fathom her reasoning at all, but Elise only put her index finger over my lips to silence me.

" Because, when I had my two daughters my husband left out on us for another women, leaving us weak, vulnerable, with no one to depend on when I was 25. I had to step up and support my loved ones and be strong for them, when I was the only one my daughters could rely on when they were small. Now I'm 34 and can see you're in the same position with no one to depend on. So now I'll be strong for you too and you can rely on me" Elise smiled at me softly, I can imagine she's been through a lot.

I may not be able to understand her kindness one bit of how or why she can care for me unconditionally. I wish I could find some lie or malice in her words or tone, but so far nothing. Elise lifted her huge finger off of my body allowing me to speak again if I chose.

" So Franky if you don't mind me asking, your physical stature is something I've never sen before, not that I expect anyone else to have. But, I've worked with patients with dwarfism yet this seems nothing like it. All your limbs are proportional, all your bodily organs seem to be working fine, you're just like a regular human on a smaller scale." Elise asked curiously placing a finger on her chin trying to figure out a feasible explanation.

To tell her or not to tell her, that is the question. If I tell her the truth I may be on my way to solitary confinement in a mental asylum. Then again here I am small and all before her, maybe she'll believe me. Lying seems to be the better route, but I can hardly think of a good enough phenomena that can explain it. Even worse because she's a doctor so she must have a lot of biology knowledge under her belt to call my bluff.

" Well, I sorta. . . . this girl. . . .no. . .tis ra- . . .it . . ." I tried to lie, but I couldn't get a story together.

" Oh okay too personal, I'm sorry for asking about a touchy subject." Elise apologized, that worked out surprisingly well.

" Don't sweat it." I responded casually, I tried to sit up to get to my feet, but I got a sudden reminder of how worn down and thrashed I truly was.

" Hey hey! Take it easy to be honest I'm shocked your even awake right now." Elise concernedly reacted.

" What day is it? With that I can at least know how long I was out for." I asked, not sure how much time has passed.

" July 15th." Elise informed me, I think she was also curious to how long I was unconscious for.

After giving it a moment of thought, I was pretty astounded when I determined the answer.

" Ten days. . . . ." I spoke, to think I haven't died of starvation or dehydration is phenomenal.

" My goodness, you must be hungry and thirsty., wait here for a moment." Elise said beginning to walking off into the kitchen I presume. I heard a few sounds and a water faucet running, then Elise came back.

" This is the best I can do right now, but I bet your body needs it a lot right now." Elise explained as she put down a small bottle cap filled to the brim with water infront of me.

I gingerly turned over, knowing I can't move too fast and then ducked my head to the water considering I would have a hard time lifting the cap. Elise was right, after one sip it felt like rain hitting a desert. Chances are if I wasn't found today I really would've died. After downing most of the water I lifted up my head and took some deep breaths.

" Now then I suppose you'll need somewhere to rest and recuperate. ;Lucky for you Jenna brought her inflatable mattress in Louise's room, so you can stay in the guest room, now up you go." Elise said as she carefully began to enclose her hands around my body.

" I hope you're ready, I'll be extra gentle." She said, I'm pretty nervous since this was my first interaction with someone sane since my misadventures with Maddison. Staying true to her word Elise was very gentle and began to carry me out of the dining room. Within seconds Elise reached the guest room, I couldn't see much of the scenery since her hands encased a lot of my view. In any case Elise gently set me down on a nice bed, the room had a television, clock, beg, and a few artificial plants in there for decoration.

" Okay now lets get you situated." Elise smiled as she lifted up the blanket and covered it over half of my body, she already placed me over the pillow since it was larger than my whole body. I really can't believe how thoughtful she was being to me.

" I'm gonna go now to make you some soup, you should get some rest Franky." Elise said as she began to walk out of the door.

" Sure, thank you Elise." I said modestly, she seemed like a good person so far so I feel I owed her a show of gratitude.

" No need to thank me." Elise smiled cracking the door a bit to leave it slightly open as she left.