- Text Size +

Dwindle Maddison did until she ended up a measly 3 inches tall like myself. At this moment everyone seemed to take a collective sigh knowing at long last that Maddison was no longer a threat.

 

From Maddison's vantage point it looked like she wanted to scream, shout, or some other extreme action, but not a sound escaped her mouth. It probably never occurred to her that she would be the one in this position. The other girls now rose to full height and circled around Maddison, this feeling is only comparable to being a little kid who was afraid of monsters like the boogeyman. Then you find out he isn't real and look back on your childhood self years later feeling silly for ever being afraid of something so ridiculous.

 

For people in a sane frame of mind watching the whole world grow around you and being eclipsed by any and everything is an overwhelming experience. What maybe going through someone who lacks of a full deck of cards is scary to imagine. I can't say that Maddison looked necessarily afraid, but the dominant emotion on her face was disbelief, the reality of her predicament slowly dawning on her when she looked up to the four ladies who now loomed over her like supreme judges who were determining her fate. Maddison began to shake at this realization.

 

"So what was that last thing you were about to say? " Louise mockingly asked to point out the irony of how things played out. Louise leaned in to scare Maddison in a similar way the latter used to in order to emphasize her might.

 

" You look awfully frightened Maddison, I really don't want to know how many people you've made feel the way you do now. I would be very nervous right about now if you may end up in the same way you have left others. You're in a very precarious position with a very angry mother." Elise added with a bitterness I've never heard from her before (rightfully so though), I feel scared just listening from a distance so Maddison must be losing it.

 

" I bet now you still don't feel the slightest bit of regret for anything you've done . .and a art of me wants to give you what you deserve." Liza began to hover her foot over Maddison who was almost literally frozen in terror. Liza appeared to be only doing this to scare Maddison, but seemed to be considering the possibility of putting a permanent end to her. During her contemplation she gingerly lowered her foot until it was touching Maddison's body, all it would take now was the simple act of transferring her weight to her foot and pop goes the weasel.

 

" You're lucky though there's someone far more important who needs our attention, you better not move an inch." After making her threat she lifted her leg up only to step over Maddison and walked to her phone. Liza calmly then resumed where she left off calling 911 and gave the address. The only details she provided was that the situation was urgent, needing police and ambulance immediately.

 

With that taken care of the girls then all gathered around me and crouched down to my level, they were confident that Maddison was too frightened to move.

 

" . . .So it's really over?" I asked dryly.

 

" She won't be hurting you or anyone else anymore." Elise confirmed.

 

" But . . .with that thing broken will Franky always be, you know?" Jenna asked which triggered a silence at what the broken device means for me.

 

Louise delivered small smack on the back of Jenna's head." Did you really have to dampen the mood like that? "

 

" There's no avoiding anything now that the police and ambulance are coming, all we can do now is tell them everything that has happened. I'm sure something will be figured out." Elise reassured.

 

At last Liza was ready to add in her two cents." Franky, I've owed you these words for quite some time, and I know it doesn't change anything I played a part in. . But I'm so sorry and understand if you're furious at me, I'll tell them everything I had a part in." Liza paused a few times to prevent herself from having an emotional episode.

 

" I forgive you Liza, no matter what you did it's because of you that we're all still alive right now. You're a hero." I admitted, but Liza shook her head at the comment.

 

" No, Franky you're still my hero who saved me." Liza corrected.

 

" She's right you're also the hero who helped our family." Elise added.

 

" You're the man little guy." Louise smiled, and Jenna added an applause.

 

" Everything has been so hard, it's hard to believe I've spent less than a month like this and yet I can't remember what my old life was like. . I feel like I won't be the same because of M- . .her." Reflecting back on everything, a part of me feels lucky to be alive, the other feels like I'll never return to normalcy and won't have control of my life. " I'm afraid. . . I just want this to be over and forget all of this."

 

Fear and doubt plagued my mind, with a major chapter of my life being over but knowing there was another one looming ahead. Will it be more difficult, will I be able to lead a normal life, will I be able to handle the worst? Quietly interrupting my thoughts I felt Liza gently cradled me into her arms and embraced me, one by one the other girls joined in as well doing there best rendition of a group hug accommodating of my stature. It was a gesture that made my fears melt in front of the rays of hope as my mind drifted away.

 

" I feel, very . .tired."

 

 

 

- - - - - - - - -

 

 

 

Epilogue 1 month.

 

 

 

Dear Franky ,

 

 

 

Hopefully the people at the hospital will keep my letter close to you in case you wake up and I'm not there. It was a hectic couple of weeks once police authorities arrived on the scene. Looking back it almost went disastrously, they thought we were responsible for the shape you and Maddison were in when they showed up, but luckily were able to provide enough proof through the contents of Maddison's purse and investigation of her house that proved she was culprit for everything that has happened.

 

None of us know what they did with her but all that was disclosed to us was that she would be interrogated by the F.B.I. and possibly put in solitary confinement since she didn't say a word. I was hoping that bitch would get an immediate death sentence, but I guess mental instability saved her from that, at least she's locked away from society like she should be.

 

We were all afraid of what may happen to Liza, although she admitted to not directly killing anyone and was partially blackmailed, she still played some hand in victimizing some people during the period where she managed to return to normal size. Because the situation was pretty extraneous Liza fortunately got community service and mandatory therapy sessions to act as some sort of rehabilitation.

 

Mom was pretty happy that the whole family was back together again, and Summer is coming to an end, although there will always be a hint of somberness to the fact that the one who helped us get to this point isn't with us. No you're not dead incase you wake up and are wondering, it was just very difficult for the doctors and surgeons to operate on you and thought you wouldn't survive the operation and would die of blood loss. Mom knows all that medical details way better than I do, but bottom line was that they were able to stabilize your condition through some very meticulous surgery. The bad part is you took quite a bruiser on your noggin during your fall and you ended up in a coma. I know it's shocking, but hey I guess it's better than me putting you to sleep underneath my ass again right? Okay, that was mean sorry.

 

They said they would contact experts and contact companies to make medical equipment that would be more applicable to your size and expert scientists will analyze your condition to see if there was a way to reverse the shrinking. Maddison was a raging psycho bitch, but was still smart enough to make something that could change the world, it's a shame she used it to terrorize people. Chastising her further would be hypocritical of me since I gave you the roughest time outside of Maddison.

 

For purposes of keeping you underneath public radar, we aren't allowed to visit you often, granted the most we could do is offer moral support until you wake up sleepyhead. As silly as it sounds we always talk to your unconscious body as if you're able to hear us as we tell you funny stories that have happened recently. That airhead Jenna insists that you can hear us, but I don't buy it, she says you owe her a kiss if she's right.

 

I hope you wakes up soon, there's a lot I want to do to make up for everything I said and did to you. It's kinda weird how I consider you to be like my own little . .well . big bro ..well little bi- you know what I mean, my very little older brother. Anyways, I won't give up on you and hope you get better soon.

 

 

 

Your friend, Louise.

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Well it took some time, but it's finally done. Thank you everyone who has read and for the motivation to keep writing.

As far as future plans are concerned,  there's a new seperate story that I have some clear directions of where I would want it to go, it's still in the beta stages so I'm not sure if I will overhaul it or not.

A  third major installment of Friend or Foe I'm thinking about, not really sure at all what I'd want to do with it, or if it will be a cliffhanger for life ( I know that'd be a troll move). But, there are two side-stories I'd like to do one of which being a prequel with Maddison as the main character prior to the events of the first Friend or Foe.

On a last Friend or Foe note, seeing as the first installement  and a good half of the second one I  wrote largely off the top of my head. I would probably write a large amount of it differently looking back on it now. There are definitely portions where my inexperience at the time showed in some chapters, so I do plan on doing a rewrite of the first and some of the second, not changing anything overall plotwise, but sprucing it up and adding some content. That probably won't take long compartively since the ground work is already there. I plan to post the rewrites in there entirety once it's done.

For what's next on the immediate future note, I Devil's Advocate is on the priority list, since I have clear direction where I want to go with that story. I don't intend for it to be notably long, but by the time it's over, I should have a decent amount of my new material written and ready to be posted. Anyways sorry for that long winded memo, take care and thank you again.