- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is covering the events of what happened after Maddison left with Franky up until the end of the last chapter.

The quartet of Elise, Liza, Louise, and Jenna had already gathered in the car with Elise driving, Liza shotgun with her no pun intended little sister in hand, and Jenna in the back deliberating on there plan of action.

 

"What makes you so certain that Maddison is taking Franky to her old high school? " Elise curiously asked, wanting to be sure they optimize the chances of finding Franky.

 

" It's the only less obvious place than back at her home, also that place has a lot of sentimental value to her." Liza explained.

 

Jenna bit her lip a bit nervous of what may happen to Franky but asked anyway, despite knowing deep down the answer. " W-well what do you think Maddison is going to do with him?"

 

All the while during the conversation Louise felt uncharacteristically meek. Sure she was worried for Franky like the rest and wanted to throw in her two cents as well, but couldn't help feeling intimidated.

 

Even if they were her family and best friend it was so odd hearing their voices over her head and sounding so much more powerful than normal. That coupled with their relative size made Louise feel like her input didn't even matter now. Occasionally she felt the gazes of Elise and Liza giving their pity and worried fueled gazes at her. As much as it frustrated her she remembered in the back of her mind that this must be how Franky must feels to be viewed as so weak and incapable.

 

" You feeling okay Louise?" Liza hesitated with her question a little knowing it would be a touchy subject for Louise at the moment.

 

" I'm fine!!" She barked immediately in response, all three of them knew when Louise got like this was when she was feeling the worst.

 

" We need to think of a plan of action." Elise said as she parked in the back of the school.

 

" All we have to do i-"

 

" I think it's best for Louise and Jenna to stay in here." Elise said above Louise who was going to give her input, but found herself out-gunned in voice audibility.

 

" What you can't do that!!? I want to help too!" Louise shouted making sure to be heard this time, Elise though shook her head as she spoke.

 

" I don't want to hear it, it's too dangerous for you both. Stay here. If we're not back in at least 30 minutes call the cops." Elise instructed.

 

" I can help though! Liza you agree righ-" Louise started, but she looked up to see Liza with a sympathetic look on her face.

 

" She's right, it's too risky. Plus someone needs to stay out of the fire in case something happens to us, it's best you both stay here." Liza explained.

 

" It's not fair though!" Louise protested at being relegated to the sidelines.

 

" Maybe it's not a bad idea seeing how you're so sma- " Jenna timidly stated but a sharp look from Louise quickly made her regret almost finishing that sentence.

 

Realizing she was fighting a losing battle Louise gave up and didn't resist as Liza handed her over to Jenna.

 

" The lights on the main floor seem to be on, so my guess is the whole building is unlocked. So Liza and I will go in from the back. Whatever you two do, don't come in." Elise ordered a last time before Liza and herself left to begin their search.

 

For a few moments Jenna and particularly Louise who was squirming endlessly in her friends lap sat anxiously in anticipation. Every 30 seconds felt like hours and finally unable to take it Louise jumped up from her friends lap.

 

" I can't take it anymore! We gotta go in!" Louise said pointing at the school.

 

" B-but what if we get in the way? Maybe we should stay put." Jenna tentatively suggested, Louise however took offense to the comment.

 

" You mean what if I get in the way, don't you! Mom and my sis think I'm too small and weak to do anything, and even you think so!" Louise was on a hair-trigger and any comment that had the slightest trace back to her size now was enough to ignite her fuse.

 

" Look! We're only a couple of kids though, this is dangerous full size or not what if something happens to us?!" Jenna retorted.

 

" Well what if something happens to Mom and Liza! We need to be there helping! We owe that much to Franky after everything we did!" Louise argued, and she definitely hit a chord with Jenna there, reminding her of the guilt.

 

Jenna bit her lip still contemplating on who to listen to . . . " I guess we could . .go in through a side door .and check on a different floor . ."

 

" Now you're thinking for once! Lets go!" Louise zealously declared. Jenna nodded and against the orders given exited the car and began their own search for Franky.

 

-------

 

(Elise & Liza)

 

Elise and Liza's inference was true and the building was unlocked which made it easy to get in without making a ruckus that would have ultimately garnered Maddison's attention.

 

Meticulously they checked every room on the floor, turning the knobs to see if they were unlocked, peeking in the door window to see if anyone was inside. Due to the gravity of the stakes they didn't leave a corner unchecked and a stone uncovered.

 

" This is taking too much time and the school is too big, do you think it's better if we split up." Liza suggested, noticing how time consuming their endeavors were and considering Franky's position time is a luxury he may not have a lot of.

 

" I know you're frustrated, but this is the best way. If we split up and one of us runs into Maddison we're that much easier to pick off if she has her shrinking device with her."

 

Liza wanted to find Franky asap but knew Elise's approach was more sensible and likely for success, so she nodded and continued on with the search.

 

-------

 

( Louise and Jenna)

 

On another side of the building on a separate floor, Louise and Jenna conducted their own hunt for Franky, conducting a similar strategy as Elise and Liza. Only difference being Louise was sitting on her friends shoulder and she was mainly yelling out which doors to check in no particular strategy or method to the madness.

 

There efforts though proving to be equally as fruitless as the other duo.

 

" What are we gonna do if we can't find them? " Jenna asked, stopping for a second to regroup.

 

" We just have to keep looking, they have to be around here somewhere." Louise said.

 

" Well . .well .what will we do if we find them!" Jenna then asked and to this question Louise paused a bit.

 

" What are you implying!?"

 

" I mean, what if we run into her! What will we do! She may shrink me, or hurt Franky! We can't barge in headfirst!" Jenna was getting worried that they were in over their heads and was quickly beginning to regret being persuaded.

 

" Stay calm! We'll cross that bridge when we get there, right now we need to find Franky!" Louise tried to get Jenna to stick with her, but Jenna had already made up her mind, and picked up Louise off her shoulder and held her in front of her face.

 

" No! We're going to turn back and do what Elise told us to do in the first place." Jenna argued, despite being an ditz the situation for the most part has forced to behave far more competently.

 

" We!? If you want to go back fine, but leave me here and I'll look on my own!"

 

" You're crazy! You're no bigger than a barbie doll! I can't let you stay, you're coming with me and that's final! " Jenna has had it and nothing Louise could say would persuade her otherwise.

 

" No!"

 

" I'm afraid you don't have a choice! " Jenna said, and moved Louise's body closer to herself, Louise wasn't done resisting and protesting though.

 

" It's one thing for Mom and Liza to lecture me. But I don't wanna hear it coming from you, even if you bigger than me, you're not the boss of me and stop holding me like a child! " Louise tried to squirm and resist, but alas was too small to put up a fight and Jenna cupped her hand behind Louise's head and pressed it into her chest to muffle her diminutive friends protests, cradling her body to hers.

 

" It's for your own good." Jenna sighed and began to walk, but Louise still squirming managed to turn her body just enough and bit her friends hand.

 

" Ow! " Jenna squeaked in pain as she released her grasp on her friend.

 

Louise took this opening and quickly began to scale down her friend like a mountain climber until she reached the ground. Without a moment to spare took off running.

 

" Oh come on Louise really! " Jenna complained disappointed as she tried to follow her friend.

 

While by no means a star athlete Louise definitely considered herself fairly fast especially back in the day from when she and Liza used to chase each other around as children.

 

Louise also knew that Jenna was the farthest thing from athletic and even with the size advantage couldn't keep pace with her friend and all forms of clumsiness were on full display as she kept stumbling in her flip flops and skirt eventually tripping completely and losing track of Louise.

 

After running for a couple of moments she felt like she made enough ground between herself and Jenna and stopped. One advantage of her stature was that it made her more elusive and slightly less noticeable at a passing glance.

 

Being by herself though Louise was now forced to think her idea through, realizing now just how large the school is in relation to herself and without Jenna's help would have to navigate on her own.

 

" What am I thinking . . " She mused to herself, leaning back on a classroom door." Louise said out loud musing to herself. She considered going back to her larger companions, but her determination and pride wouldn't allow her, and for all the bickering and resisting she did earlier she would only prove all their assertions right.

 

" I can do this." Louise said taking a deep exhale to get her confidence back to prepare her search, but took another step further when she craned her head up looking at the door window, she saw the inside of the room unlike the rest was illuminated.

 

Louise felt herself shaking at what this might mean and to be sure, she crouched down to look underneath the door and what she managed to see squinting her eyes was the tiny pair of feet who she knew could only belong to Franky! But she also saw a comparatively much larger pair of feet that undoubtedly belonged to Maddison.

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Decision time for Louise. Go solo or get back up.