- Text Size +

18. Reunion

" What's going on?? " Jenna got up startled by the scream and got up along with Louise who was carrying me. They both rushed to make their ways downstairs, but Louise stopped briefly once they reached the last step and let Jenna bypass her.

" Franky wait here, if something happens you'll be a lot more vulnerable if you're in open sight right in my hands." Louise reasoned and put me on a table behind a vase of flowers.

" Hey w-wait!" I tried to get her but Louise went ahead. Oh well, at least I'm close enough to see the front door and hear what was going on, so I took the liberty to peek and see what all the fuss was about.

At that instant I really wish I hadn't looked, there's no way . . . . . My eyes are close to exploding right now, what is she doing here!?

Louise and Jenna stopped dead in their tracks not able to mutter a single word until Louise broke silence. .

" Li-liza!? What. . .I thought. .you're here . .alive!" Louise looked like she saw a ghost and not sure whether to be overjoyed or afraid of this mystery. I don't know what to make of this either, is she here alone, did she escape, is she still in cahoots with Maddison?!

" Liza . . .you're home." Elise, normally the most logical of us all was even baffled at her daughter's arrival, Liza was just standing there looking the same as I remember . . .sort of. She's still raven-haired, fairly tall, quite endowed, but she was just standing there with her head down like a zombie and her hands crossed behind her back.

Finally showing some life Liza lifted her head up slowly with a distant expression in her eyes and now I can clearly see the resemblance between herself and Elise, except Liza's hair was longer and her eyes were brown to Elise's green.

" What's the deal, say something sis!" Louise blurted out, the silent act of Liza was unsettling us all, but my worse fears were con firmed.

" I'm here for Franky, bring him to me now or I'll reduce all of you to grain of salt." Liza flatly stated, then uncrossed her hands and brought them front and center, holding the ray device that changed my entire life. I knew it, she's here for me! Fuck, she must still be with Maddison if she has that thing! Even worse if they don't give me up, she'll shrink them all!

Louise, Jenna, and Elise all backed up all unsure on how to handle the situation, they all knew though that they couldn't afford to provoke a move.

" Don't even think about lying, I know for a fact that you are all keeping him here." Liza continued, slowly moving the ray to make sure they knew she had them all on sight and for them to keep their distance.

Will she really go through with it . .better yet. . .should I come out and save them, or risk them all being shrunk at Liza's mercy and possibly taken to the Queen Bitch herself.

" Liza. .why are you doing this!? Franky told us what happened, he couldn't have escaped without you; this isn't like you at all!" Louise confessed, her feisty-ness and bravery are worthy of praise, but every now and again it's better to be a live sheep than a dead lion, this is probably one of those times.

" Tch, oh shut up and bring him here this is the last time I'll ask!!" Liza's patience was wearing thing, I consider us lucky that nothing has happened this long, but I'm torn between giving myself up or remaining hidden, and I can't stall much longer. . .I may have to . .

In my moment of judgement Elise started to take action to all of our surprise and even Liza was astonished as she simply walked straight in front of Liza and placed her hand right on the tip of the ray-gun. Holy shit, is she crazy!?!

" What're you doing Mom!? Do you think I'm playing around . I'll, I'll . ." Liza's composure was gone in an instant and Elise simply lowered her hand along with the ray device until Liza dropped it onto the ground and Liza was struggling to hold back a breakdown. Just like that Elise simply embraced her arms around Liza in a hug.

" It's .I'm so- . " Liza wanted to say something and Elise only hugged tighter while giving her ssh-ing sounds. Louise feeling safe now also joined in hugging Liza as well, while she sobbed quietly with her head in Elise's shoulder. For that moment my nerves calmed a little, no matter what the circumstances are right now at least she has some mental conscience despite everything that's happened.

It was a touching moment and I finally breathed a sigh of relief, which lasted all of 3 seconds before I heard tragedy in the sound of a gun fire, not like a bullet being fired, more like a clapping sound. The next thing I knew was seeing Liza's body go limp with a "what the hell happened" look on her face. It didn't stop there as three more shots were fired at Louise, Elise, and Jenna as they to the ground convulsing slightly in a paralyzed pain.

" I swear, you can't find good help these days." That voice echoed at least one-hundred times in my mind knowing exactly who it belonged to. Insanity's incarnation Maddison, who was standing with some sort of stun gun in hand. How I wish I could smack the smug look off her face that reeked of self-entitlement and the type of vanity that doesn't have a moment of regret or guilt over anything she's done. But, this is reality and if I had to demonstrate how I really felt, I'd lose my bowel control.

" I should've known you would've lost your backbone, so let me pick up where this inept bitch left off." Maddison confidently stated, standing above the fallen girls. But, in another display of defiance Louise gingerly moved her hand to Maddison's open-toed sandal.

" S-shut up . and don't talk to my sister like that you . .twat" Louise forced out, still under the strong effects of the paralysis. How I wish I could be as brave as her, but damn keep your freaking mouth shut and just stay down!

" OOH! Now I get it Liza, these people are your family? So that's why you got so sentimental, this is hilarious." Maddison chuckled and brushed her dark brown hair out of her eyes and leaned down to stare at Louise from her level. " I wish you could've seen what I saw though, what she did to poor little Franky and what she helped do to some of my friends after Franky. She's no different from me, now shut-up and stay out of grown-up business." Maddison smugly stated before slapping Louise right in the face which prompted a minor gasp out of everyone, which would've been louder if everyone wasn't stunned. Elise desperately tried to move to no avail to defend her child. This is a side of Maddison I've never seen before, I can see it in her eyes, they looked crueler, vicious, and malignant.

" Now then Franky I know you're in here and I bet you can hear me!" If you don't come out right now I will shrink every last person in here and leave them a blood stain on the carpet. THEN I WILL FIND YOU!" Maddison yelled out, before standing back up, only now she picked up the ray Liza was supposed to use originally to do the job.

My legs were about to give out from under me, what do I do, WHAT DO I DO!? I bet the girls wouldn't want me to come out, but they may get shrunk too if I don't reveal myself. But, I'm so scared of what Maddison will do to me!?! I closed my eyes and covered my ears to hope this was another nightmare and tears were rushing down my face. I feel like such a weak, helpless, coward.

" Hmm, well I'm bored. So who shall it be first Shall it be the mother. .or should it be the hot-headed little girl, or maybe should I add Liza back to my collection?" Maddison said after 15 seconds, Maddison put a hand on her chin contemplating her options, oh please don't do it!

Maddison was hell bent on making a point so she went on and pointed the ray on the ground and I couldn't bear to look to see who she might hit first.

" Come on Franky, move, move, move, MOVE!" I told myself to try and build up some courage and on the last breath finally moved out of my hiding spot. " DOOOOOOON'T!!!" I yelled out at the top of my lungs, but I was too little too late and a flash of green went off, unfortunately Maddison fired first.