- Text Size +

17. Heart to Heart


" Are you sure you want to do this Franky, maybe I should come in with you." Louise asked, holding me in her hand. Kindly, she gave me a lift up to Elise's bedroom door, since it would take a good few hours to do so on my own.

" No thanks, I think it's best to do this one on one." I said. With Louise and Jenna won over all I need now is Elise's support, then I may have a fighting chance.

" If you say so. Jenna and I will be by the door in case you need us." Louise knocked on the door once she said that and then leaned down to place me on the ground before fleeing out of sight. I haven't really planned out what I'm going to say to Elise but I suppose I'll improvise.


I took a deep breath of nervousness to prepare myself and a moment later the door opened and I was staring face to fa- well foot with Elise. She didn't notice me since she was looking straight forward, but soon looked down to see my right by her clearly polished toes.

" Franky what are you doing, and how did you get up here by yourself?" She asked, starting to crouch down to hear my explanation.

" I guess you can say I hitched a ride, can we talk though?" I asked, Elise stared at me inquisitively for a second, and then with a usual smile lifted me up into her palm and carried me into her room, closing the door behind her. Once inside Elise sat down on her bed set me down to her lap.

I was just getting ready to break the ice, but Elise surprisingly talked first." Franky, I know you want to talk about the issue from earlier, and the truth is I really don't know what to believe. I know you're right, it seems next to impossible to discover a miniature person out in the middle of nowhere yet here you are right in my lap. And now you say this Maddison girl is responsible for all of it and you even met Liza. . it's all so much to take in. " Elise paused for a moment, I wonder if she was still contemplating all of this before I came upstairs.

" I know, I'm not asking you to believe me, but I do only ask for you support if the worst does happen and be mindful of her." I compromised, I guess it is a bit much to expect a 100% approval of what I told her, but at least knowing she was aware of the possible d
anger would help even if it was a little.

" Franky, you know I'm on your side no matter what, it's only . . I keep wondering why you felt the need to hide this from us. .from me." Elise took a deep sigh, I'm not sure where she's going with this but she acted and scooped me up into her hands, and held me straight up to her face.

" El- . .Elise?!" My vocabulary was rapidly abandoning me, as I got another face reminder at how strikingly beautiful she was, all the more enhanced by her comparative size to me, it's nearly impossible not to get entranced in those near emerald green eyes.

" I've been thinking, what will you do if this doesn't work out and you can't find a way to return to normal?" Elise's eyes were locked onto mine and they felt almost magnetically pulling, as I couldn't bring myself to look in another direction.

" I um . .guess I haven't thought about it . .I've been so worried lately I don't know what I'll do with myself when this is all ove-" My indecisiveness came to an end when Elise lowered her hands and hugged me right into her chest. I was immediately at a loss for words as the warmth, soft, flesh, overwhelmed my senses into numbness.

" Franky, you know you don't have to do this. We can forget about this whole mess and you can stay here with us. ." Elise was speaking very softly now, I would even say she sounded a little embarrassed with what she was suggesting, now that I was fairing much better as far as embarrassment is concerned.

" Franky you're so previous, I couldn't bear seeing you hurt, and I don't know what I'd do if I saw something happen to you . .Lately haven't been seeing you as just a patient, you're almost like . .like. ." Elise stopped near the end of her statement to raise me way back up to her face, but continued to bring me closer until she planted her soft lips onto my face.

This is going too far and I can kick myself for not recognizing sooner how Elise was starting to view me. She held me right in place with her lips pressed right onto my face, I almost couldn't breathe considering how little space I had and her fingers were curled upwards to act as a barricade to keep me from pulling backwards.

" El-Elise! St-stop!" I understand how you feel, bu-but I'm not your child!" I managed to utter out while narrowly turning my head to give myself enough space to speak.

After hearing that Elise immediately held me back out a good few inches away from her and the look of mortification was blatantly obvious on her reddened cheeks.

" Oh my, I can't believe I just . .I'm uh . .I didn't mean to!" Elise was flustered beyond words in trying to cover up her actions and avoiding eye-contact with me like I was Medusa.

" Elise! Elise! Elise, calm down it's alright really!" I put my my small hands around one of her fingers to help get a hold of herself.

Elise eventually came back under control and ran a hand through her hair. " I have no idea what came over me; but . . I have to admit one thing, I haven't been completely honest either. Louise, Jenna, come in I know you're both at the door trying to listen." Elise's parental intuition came to effect knowing exactly when someone was being a fly on the wall. Wouldn't you know it the door opened and the two girls walked in red-handed.

" Have a seat girls, I think I need to get something off my chest." Elise, waited for them both to take a seat before she started to explain herself.

" Um, wait! I have something to say first mom." Louise spoke up, albeit she sounded a tad nervous.

" I know lately I've been very difficult to get along with and I've just been taking out my frustrations on everyone, especially you and Franky, ignoring how you both feel, forgetting how much everything has effected you too, so I'm sorry." Louise's eyes were on the verge of watering up as she owned up to her behavior and Elise in return moved her arm around Louise to hug her, and rested her head on top of her daughter's.

" It's fine Louise, I know you're still a kid turning into a young lady and this is a lot to go through, it took a lot of time for me to realize that my youngest child was growing up and was drifting off onto her own path. Then when Liza turned up missing, I saw that you were drifting away even faster and I would have to do anything to keep you close.Liza was grown up and missing, you were distant, my husband gone, and I felt like no one really had any use for me beyond being a doctor to tend to a patient. But, then Franky came along. . he was so helpless, abandoned, small, and he needed me so much, didn't want me to leave his side, I felt like I was not only needed, but wanted. It made me feel like a mother. Now I think I realize though, that our roles are all changing and I do need to accept that our roles are changing and I can't expect to keep you by forever, it means so much to hear you say that though." Elise concluded her confession and Louise was rubbing her back for re-assurance.

" I'm always going to need you Mom, no matter how much I grow up, there's so much I haven't learned, I haven't graduated high school yet, and I still suck at Biology class. But, I can't take all the credit, it was Franky who made me reflect on myself." Louise admitted, and the mother and daughter started to chuckle together as they embraced in a full hug.

" Group hug!" Jenna joined in as well, hugging both Elise and Louise.

" Franky when you first woke up and I offered you to stay with us, you said that you were useless and couldn't contribute anything. You were wrong dear, you've done more than enough. Now it's your turn to sit back and let us help you." Elise said as she nuzzled me against her cheek.

" Oh . .would you shush you guys you all are gonna make me blush."

* Ding-dong*

Right in our group bonding the doorbell rang, and Elise sat me down in Louise's hands.

" It's almost night, who in the world could be here?" Elise walked out the door and went downstairs. We all could here her from upstairs as she reached the 1st story and opened up the door. However, as soon as she did so we all jumped when we heard a scream.

Chapter End Notes:

Time to kick it into high gear.