- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry for the long period without an update, had to overcome a bit of a writers block.

16. Bonding

I remained where I was on the edge of the nightstand top simply kicking my legs back and forth. It's night now and I don't have a thing to help me thwart Maddison. Something about knowing when you're about to die can really depress a guy if you didn't know.

The room was pretty quiet and the room would be dark in another hour or so once the sun has completely set which perfectly symbolizes my diminishing hope for my circumstance. That's when I heard the door crack slightly, the window wasn't opened so I can tell it wasn't the wind, someone must be there. I looked over and could see Louise slowly opening the door, I should've known I wouldn't have gotten away with lashing out at her unscathed. Oh well, it'll be a good warm-up for whatever Maddison has in store for me later. I watched as she slowly walked towards the nightstand top, but instead of grabbing me or breathing fire in my direction she sat down at the bed across from me.

Louise was looking all over the place and was seemed melancholy, I'm wondering what she's waiting for considering she's not speaking and doesn't even look angry for that matter.

" Um, F-Franky. . . .I was kind've wondering . . .well I wanted to. ." Louise was struggling to find her words and I need to check the news report to see if the planets aligned themselves because this is the first time Louise has referred to me by my name.

" What? You're not here to call me a good for nothing puny shit, beat me down, spit on me, or leave me under your ass again?" I asked in a gloomy tone, I expected to be in a world of hurt already.

Louise sighed though and gave herself a moment to recompose herself.

" You know Franky. . .when I was little my dad left the family and my mom, sister, and I were left on some difficult times it was the first and only time I ever saw my mother cry. I always wondered if he would ever come back, but each passing day that fantasy went away. Over time I gradually began to hate him for abandoning us and I even hated the fact how I inherited his blonde hair and eye color." Louise paused for a second and I look with a newfound interest of how Louise started to tell a memoir of sorts of her life and waited for her to go on.

" I always looked in the mirror and cursed at myself for it and Liza was always there to reassure me and telling me how pretty I was, and how other girls would be jealous. I don't know why, but I always wondered how he could just leave and not care about what he did to us. But, then mom toughened up and got her medical license and things were going pretty alright, we were all happy. Then Liza dissapeared and all the memories of how my dad left came back, however this time you came into the picture. I guess I just channeled my anger at him to you, since I could easily take advantage of you being that you're so sma- . . well you know. My mom was always told me how important it was for the strong and big to help the weak and small, my mom looked out for Liza and me, Liza always looked out for me. Yet, here when I have the chance to help someone in need I did nothing but pick on you, trying to make you fear me, and treating you like dirt to the point where you wanted to commit suicide. I guess I'm trying to say here is I'm so sorry, I understand if you hate me and I'll stay away from you from now on." Louise was looking straight to the ground now not even wanting to look me in the eyes, and to be honest I'm not sure how to even react right now. I thought I'd see a zombie apocalypse before I'd live to hear a sincere apology from Louise.

We both sat in silence for a few minutes with both of us at a lack of words of what to say. " Well, I'll go and leave you alone now." Louise said quietly, about to get up to leave.

" Louise. . .I don't hate you. I was in a panic and didn't know how to react. It just frustrated me that you had no idea what it was like to be my size. It's so hard being so tiny and smaller than everyone and almost everything. It's frightening to know what normal sized people can do to me, I'm always feeling scared for my life and what may happen to me if I fall into the wrong hands. I know you're a good girl."

" B-but how! How can you not hate me!!? All that stuff I said and did! I belittled you, sat on you, threatened to crush you, eat you, and and. ." Louise started to recap some of the wrong-doings she committed upon me only to stop feeling ashamed of herself once more. " You were telling the truth back there, I was acting like a monster. .a bitch. Who would believe that I'm a good person?"

" Elise." I responded simply, and Louise's eyes lit up for a moment in disbelief. "Even after the times you made fun of me, threatened me, and even spit on me she would always tell me what a nice and good girl you were. Really, she's the one you really owe an apology to. Elise is hurting just as much as you are knowing that her eldest daughter is missing. She's even told me how depressed you've been lately and has been trying to lift your spirits."

" I'm so sorry toooooo!!" Jenna suddenly came in through the door leaving me and Louise startled as she picked me up and started nuzzling her cheek against my body.

" Jenna, what are you doing here!" Louise asked getting up.

" I was eavesdropping on you two and I felt so bad and and and, I'm so sorry too Franky for being so mean to you, we should all be friends now." Jenna sadly stated, before perking up at the suggestion of us all being friends and moved me to her lips to kiss me on the face a few times.

" Uh, I forgive you Jenna and it's fine, just calm down a bit will you!" I squirmed, my voice was being slightly muffled by Jenna's kisses coming so frequently.

" My gosh Jenna would you cut it out with kissing him! " Louise said in an annoyed tone and took me out of Jenna's hands and into her own in a possessive manner.

" Oh, did you want a turn?" Jenna blinked. Louise looked at me quickly and looked back to Jenna.

" What!?! No! J-just shut up Jenna." Louise's face was turning slightly red at Jenna's comment, so she broke the awkward-ness by placing me back on the nightstand.

" So Franky, if you don't mind can you tell us the full story of what happened to you?" Louise curiously asked, I figured it's not a bad idea so I nodded.

I went on through my story from start to finish on how I was shrunk and kidnapped at the depths of night and what an unstable, crazy, psycho Maddison by highlighting some of the 'games' she played with me. I then moved on telling her on my encounter of Liza and how we formulated the plan for us to escape, to eventually how Liza managed to un-shrink herself and end up at normal height again. Lastly, my end on how everything backfired on me, I ended up on the bad side of both giants, mercilessly beaten and nearly killed.

" I'm leaving out some of my not so proud moments, but I ultimately then I thought I was going to die. To all of our surprise the next thing I knew I was looking up at you two and Elise." I concluded my recap of events.

" Woah. . .. . .I can't believe it, so . .she really wanted to take you for yourself and . . .almost killed you?" Louise sounded disappointed and almost wanted to doubt that her sister took part in nearly murdering someone.

" It's okay Louise, I'm sure she was only taken back at the moment. She was in Maddison's clutches a lot longer than I was and it was probably a big power shift to her to grow back to normal while seeing someone as small as me. Either way, in a sense I'm still alive and away from Maddison because of her help, I'm sure you'll see her again." I smiled, trying to reassure Louise. I'm not sure how truthful I'm being about her seeing Liza again since I don't know what became of her, but I don't want Louise to have a negative image of her big sister especially seeing how important she is to her.

My comment made Louise smile a bit and I nodded to re-confirm her happiness that Liza was able to help me.

" Well Franky, since my mom and sister has had the chance to help you now it's my turn to help you." Louise gave me a very sincere smile and I felt a tear starting to form in my eye,I never would've imagined how my greatest tormentor since coming here has aspired to help me and was the first to hear out my entire story.

" Come on you little wimp don't cry, your big sister is here." Louise joked softly and wiped the tear away from the corner of my eye with the tip of her finger. She then gently cupped me into her hand and hugged me to her stomach, I gladly hugged her back as best as I could.

" Aw, you two are like a couple!" Jenna giggled ruining the moment.

Louise lifted me back up in one hand near her face and we both looked at each other and could tell we were thinking the same thing.

" Oh shut up Jenna." We simultaneously said.

Chapter End Notes:

Franky has finally rallied Louise of all people and Jenna onto his side. Now he only needs the confidence of Elise.