- Text Size +


15. Red Flag

Maddison, who's Maddison?" Louise asked not knowing who I was referring to considering she and Jenna weren't home.

" That's the girl who came over to analyze Franky." Elise informed Louise. " What about her Franky?"

" She . . . . did this to me." I said holding my head down.

" What did she do?" Louise asked sounding somewhat nervous.

" She shrunk me! She shrunk me on the streets one night, shrunk, and kidnapped me!" I screamed spilling the beans, there's no use hiding it out.

" No fair why does she get to shrink people to dollies?" Jenna pouted, I think she should donate her brain to science.

" Are you yanking my chain!? That's stupid, how in the hell does someone do that?" Louise yelled being much more skeptical to my story.

" Franky you don't need to be so paranoid, Maddison wants to help." Elise didn't believe me either. To be honest I wouldn't eithe rif I was in the other end of the story but I've got to find some proof or something.

" It's the truth! She had a ray and everything! She mauled and battered me! Nearly killed me by throwing me into a river!" I screamed anything to get them to realize that I'm not lying.

" Then why are you waiting until now to tell us?" Jenna said in her air-headed tone, although that was actually a good question that even made Elise and Louise look at Jenna for a second in her moment of clarity.

" Because I thought no one would believe me like you all aren't right now! I thought I'd never have to see her again, but now she'll stop at nothing to
murder me now that she knows where I am!" I had to stop to regain my breath, I have no idea what it's going to take for their trust.

" Okay, okay, Franky I want to believe you but all of this seems a little far-fetched." Elise being a doctor would need some serious evidence to gain her nod.

" Look at me! If someone told you a tiny prson existed before you met me you'd think they were crazy. Maddison has rich scientist/engineer parents,
she's a prodigy at it, she shrunk me, I tried to escape, and I met Liza. .and .. .and. ." I was blabbering like crazy now prepared to tell every last facet of
the story but Elise and Louise were both staring at me like they saw a ghost.

" Did you just say Liza!?!" Louise asked bringing her face way closer to me. " B-but, h-how did . ."

" Franky. . . . .what did this Liza person look like?" Elise stuttered a bit, I'm not sure what this has to do wtih anything, but if it helps so be it.

" She was pretty tall, caucasian, long black ahir, as a matter of fact she actually looks a lot like y-" At this moment a realization hit me, I've tried for a
while to block out memories of Liza and Maddison but I'd kick myself if I could for not noticing sooner.

" You saw my sister, b-but how!??!" Louise's eyes had a reinvogerated look and Elise seemed to be at a loss for words.

" Because Maddison kidnapped her too and we tried to work together to escape." I don't want to reveal the whole story of how she maimed me along
side with Maddison.

" But, if you got away then why hasn't Liza come home or call or something?" Louise sounded genuinely concerned. To be honest I don't know the
answer to that question either so I slowly shrugged my shoulders. Maybe Liza got away or maybe Maddison shrunk her again, who knows.

" Elise you have to believe me, you have to! " I said, I don't have anything more to convince her but it was a streak of luck that Liza helped add some
validity to my claims.

" My daughter. . I. . .I need to think." Elise sounded like she was in some sort of spell, I know this is a lot to take in but now is no time for
indecisiveness.

" Think!?!? We've got to do something! Oh whatever fine, I'll do um. . .um . . .something myself, just leave me alone! I guess I should've known better
than to expect someone to help me!" I yelled, all of this and I'm still being doubted, I give up. I don't know what to do, but I'll do something. Unexpectedly all three girls silently left the room in a somber silence leaving me to my lonesome.


----- 3rd Person POV.

After leaving Elise's household a few hours ago maddison drived home mainly in silence on the outside. Internaly was a nother story as her emotions

thoughts were a raging whirlpool after discovering Franky was alive.

Once she got back home she even blew straight passed Liza who was actually curious to how her little meeting went to lock herself straight in her room, not having come out since.

" Maddison enough of this silent crap, what possibly could have happened?" Liza asked once again standing by the outside of the door. When she got like this Liza knew how difficult Maddison tended to be.

Liza's question was only returned with Maddison's scream of anger and the slamming of several objects in her room. Occasionally a cracking or breaking noise was heard indicating Maddison was seriously off the rails.

Right before Liza was about to abandon her effort to get Maddison to talk she saw the door suddenly swing open. Liza looked almost appalled at the sight of a Maddison who looked like she got out of a fight with death. Her eyes were near blood shot, her make up smeared, and hair frenzied. Although they were making eye-contact Maddison had a faraway look in her eyes.

" He's alive." Maddison said in a low near inaudible voice.

" Who's what? Can you try speaking English, I'm not bilingual." Liza's patience with Maddison's cryptic speech was wearing thin.

" He's alive! He's alive! That little shit is alive! Alive! Franky's alive!" Maddison collapsed to her knees looking like a woman possessed and Liza was equally astonished.

" What!! Th-that can't be possible you were positive he'd never survive! Liza was extremely baffled by these news however her facial expression and tone seemed a bit more worried than spiteful like Maddison's.

" I saw him with my own eyes! That prick. . .I had him right in my hands. . .it took everything in me not to crush his weak injured little body." Maddison was squeezing her own hands simulating the thought crushing Franky.

" He was hurt?" Liza's concern was very evident now, fortunately for her Maddison was too caught up in her fury to detect it.

" Hehehe, yeah the shit could barely stand and nearly bruised from head to toe." You and I really did a number on him." Maddison snickered. Liza flinched a bit when Maddison mentioned how they both nearly crippled Franky making her remembering how the situation was partially her fault.

" Wait, but who found him?" Liza asked remembering an important fact in this all.

" Tch, some bitch, Ellie. . . .Lois. . .no ..uuh Elise was her name, some doctor" Maddison snarled like it wasn't important.

Liza's eyes began to twitch and her body started quivering as she struggled to keep a clam disposition. " I see. . .so, uh what're you going to do?" Maddison paused for a moment considering her position and possible courses of action.

" Dammit, I kept a straight face for the time I was over there but there's not doubt that punk has warned Elise and her family about me. I don't know how likely they are to believe him, but it'd be bad for me if they're all expecting to me especially if something goes wrong. How I'd love to go in and shrink all of them and make them grovel at my feet. Mmm, maybe I'll keep them alive for a little bit if they'd make good friends. Oh, but Franky. ..Franky. . I'm going to inflict more pain on him than he thought was possible, I'm going to shrink him to a spec of dust. and make his death slow."

Liza could barely contain herself at the things Maddison was planning to do and hardly managed to keep a somewhat straight face.

" But I have a loophole for him." Maddison grinned, while Liza shot her a confused look.

" What do you mean?"

" You Liza. You're going to come with me and use my shrinking ray and hit everyone in the household, they'll never see it coming." Maddison had her usual happy-go-lucky smile back now. Liza's eyes however were a few centimeters shy of popping out of her head. " You can do it, can't you Liza?"

" Uh, yeah of course I can, I've seen you do it enough." Liza responded in a nervous facade of confidence.

" Good, because if you don't I'm more than able to do the deed myself and adding you back in my collection. " Maddison grinned back to her casual demeanor.

" I thought you had only one way to shrink people though." Liza asked not understanding if Maddiosn gives the device to her, how would Maddison be able to shrink everyone if she were to fail.

" Oh silly Liza. We'll just drive up to Elise's home, you knock on the door, they'll think it's me, you shrink everyone within three minutes or so, and bring them plus Franky to me. If not. . . .lets say I have a secret weapon that I hope I don't have to use." Maddison callously remarked near the end of her statement looking dead into Liza's eyes searching for any reason not to trust her being able to go through with things. Liza tried to remain as lax,but even she wasn't able to help the trickle of sweat rolling down her neck as she plainly replied.

" No problem."