- Text Size +

13. Silent Warfare

Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit. Out of all the people this person could have possibly have been, why the hell does it have to be Maddison!!?!? This has got to be the worst turn of fate! I can't even imagine what might be going through Maddison's mind right now, but I bet those gears are turning in her brain right now as those damn hazel eyes of unpredictability peered right into mine. The rest of her physical appearance the same as usual white skin, and long brown hair making up the incarnation of evil (to me).

My breathing started to quicken rapidly as I began to start twitching wondering if Maddison may lose it at any moment and attack me. What in the world am I going to do now!? I would've been more than content if Maddison thought I was dead, at least then I wouldn't have to worry about her coming after me, but now that's entirely out of the question. What if she has that shrinking device with her right now and renders Elise helpless?!

" Sorry he's a little nervous about being around other people. Oddly, he himself doesn't know what caused him to have such a small form." Elise said mistaking my fear of Maddison for plain old fear.

" Is that so? Don't be afraid little guy, my name is Maddison do you have one?" Maddison regained her composure and extended her finger to me like a handshake.

Like hell I want to have any sort of physical contact with that mad woman, but I guess it's not a bad idea to take a page out of her book and act like I don't know her. I really want to kick and scream in horror of what Maddison did to me, but who knows how she'll react to that. She may crush me, bring some other crazy device to kill us all, or maybe even feign innocence and make me look insane. Man, I wish Elise knew the danger we were in right now, Maddison's unpredictability is truly one of her most frightening aspects.

" F-Franky." I responded hesitantly ignoring her finger being in my face.

" Aw, what's wrong? You don't have to be afraid of me little guy." Maddison flashed a fake smile and retracted her finger

" He's probably just shy, come on into the dining room table for us to discuss this matter further." Elise wrongly judged again and started to walk back to the table. Elise set me down on top and sat down in a chair in-front of me, no surprise Maddison picked a chair a few inches away to keep in an arms reach range of me.

I felt like I was going to have a nervous breakdown and my legs refuse to cooperate with me in standing so I sat down. I'm so paranoid I can't even focus in on the ramblings of Elise, but I could only focus in on that shit-eating fake act that Maddison is putting on in pretending to be shocked or amazed at whatever Elise was saying. Every now and again Maddison gave me a few quick glances and just gave a fast smile to give the semblance that she was my friend. However in reality it was to mock me and shows that she knows exactly the situation I'm in, that I haven't told anyone about her and if I did right now it'd be a disaster. It's tearing me to shreds inside being so powerless and not being able to do something without it backfiring on me, I guess now would be a good time to tune back into Elise.

" I've been trying to think of what kind of occurrence could make him this size, perhaps some sort of radiation, disease, or something along those lines. He hasn't shown any sort of bodily dysfunctions or deficiencies." Elise went on explaining my situation to Maddison who pretended to be contemplative.

" Looking at his bandage she must've been in quite a scuffle." Maddison added, knowing damn well why I'm in the condition that I'm in.

" When my daughter and I found him he was in a near critical condition, he should b back to physical health in a few weeks." Elise deducted it feels pretty odd being talked about like I'm a discovery.

" I see, well Franky you're awfully lucky to be alive aren't you?" Maddison crpitcally stated; she has to keep her composure to save face infront of Elise.

" If you don't mind me asking may I hold him for a second to get a closer inspection."

" Be very careful." Elise nodded.

No, no, no, no! I really wish Elise would've asked if it was okay with me before giving Maddison the nod. I feel like vomitting and I cringed when

Maddison's monster of a hand came towards me and grasped me in her grip. Never in my life have I felt so scared for my safety as she prodded me with her thumb, wondering if my life may end abruptly at any time if she chose to increase the pressure to beyond my body's limitations.

Maddison merely formed a small near undetectable smirk since she was well aware of the psychological effect she was having on me. The color was draining from my complexion fast and I started to pant to catch my shortness of breath. We're all in danger I can feel it to my core.

" Uh oh, hold on Maddison, Franky is looking kind've pale." Elise said noticing my distress.

" Oops, sorry for not notcing are you okay?" Maddison said, quickly putting me back on the table to further her ruse of innocence.

" Uh, yes I'm fine. I guess I'm a little under the weather, can you take me to um lie down Elise?" I have to get away from Maddison at all costs, I feel like I'll go ballistic if I have to stay within eyesight of her much longer.

" Poor thing, hold on Franky. So Maddison what's your take on it? Do you think you can find some explanation to his condition" Elise said standing

up and gently cuppin gme into her hands.

" Probably, but I think I'll have to come back tomorrow. I don't have the appropriate materials with me right now." Maddison explained, and with that she masterfully devised her reason to come back and finish the job she started on me.

" I see, well wait here for a moment let me put Franky to bed and then we can talk more details." Elise said walking off and carrying me back to the guest room. Once Elise arrived inside she put me back into bed. " Try to get some more rest, you shouldn't be asserting yourself seeing you're still pretty banged up." Elise said leaning down to deliver a quick peck on my cheek. I'd love to be all shy about the kiss, but now is no time for it. I could only watch with a latent look of despair in my eyes as Elise left the room.

There's no way in hell I can sleep right now knowing that in a short day or less that the woman of my nightmares will be back for my and perhaps more.

Chapter End Notes:

How will Franky ever explain the situation that he and everyone else is in right now?