- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry for the bit of a wait, this was a more slower chapter to write. Happy New Year

12. Morning Prep

My eyes fluttered open as I started to scan across the area but I seemed to be nowhere close to resembling a bed. Crap, I tried to scoot back but I had little room to move and bumped into something soft. I guess this wasn't too bad considering how warm and snugly it felt. Looking downward I saw my boundaries to be white fabric-like material like a, shirt pocket? The next thing I know two large fingers reached in and plucked my body out allowing me to see the light of day.

" Wonderful you're finally awake, good morning honey." Elise greeted me with cheerful eyes. She seemed very enthusiastic to see me, too enthusiastic actually. Wait, did she call me honey just now?

" Uh, good morning when did I get here?" I asked, looking down Elise ws wearing a lab coat with a front pocket, Elise was nicely made up and looking stunning as usual.

" I decided to get an early start this morning and take care of you while I was at it. So I already changed your bandages while you were asleep and let you finish your sleep in my pocket." Elise explained and placing me on the dining room table.

How the hell did she manage to do all that stuff while I was asleep? Better yet, how did I even sleep through all that? I never considered myself a heavy sleeper but Elise must've been very subtle or I must've been in a very deep slumber.

Elise continued her morning as she reached down for her newspaper and having a mug of tea by the edge of the table. I almost want to wonder what she's doing considering her face was at the edge of the paper to which I can almost see part of her face. I could swear she was taking quick glimpses at me from the corner of her eye.

The next couple of minutes were fairly uneventful it's not like there was anything to do but sit here and glance at the behemoth of a beauty Elise reading.

" Oops, sorry Franky this must be pretty boring maybe you'd like to read." Elise said lifting up the paper and moved it behind me. The newspaper towered over me much like everything else did these days like a giant barricade.

" Thanks." I responded hesitantly turning around to attempt to read. Sadly this felt even more strange since I was much closer to Elise now who was also right behind me. I tried to keep my mind off of that fact by reading but something unsettled me, it felt like Elise was watching me rather than reading. I'd hate to turn around to try and confirm this assumption but what a weird situation that would be.

While I was thinking further I heard the several footsteps of Louise and Jenna I think, who were entering the kitchen a mere few feet away from the dining room where Elise and I are.

At least being nearby Elise I don't have to worry about any funny business for now, however I wondered if they anything to say regarding me, not that I expect their attitudes to have changed much, especially after what went down yesterday.

" Louise, Jenna, someone important is coming over today and I want you two to stay upstairs for the duration of it." Elise sternly instructed to them.

" Huh, what for? We won't bother anyone, ooooh is it your date?" Jenna asked putting her incompetence on full display once more.

" No Captain Clueless I bet it's one of her buddies to check on that stupid runt." Louise said of course throwing a jab while mentioning me. S simply lowered my head in disappointment that Louise still has it at for me. Almost on cue one of Elise's large digits came down and began to rub the back of my head.

" Oh whatever. Me and Jenna are going out for a little while anyway, one of Jenna's friends should be pulling up any minute." Louise huffed and a second later a car horn sounded off a few times outside.

" Speak of the devil, well we're gone. I hope the runt is gone when I'm back." Louise said and I heard Jenna and her own footsteps walk off.

" Be back before the evening." Elise said to the duo as I heard the door shut behind them. Once they were gone Elise put down the paper and unexpectedly scooped me up into the palm of her hand.

" I'm guessing your daughter still isn't too fond of me." I said trying to make light of Louise's constant disdain towards me.

" I really mean it when I say she has a good heart deep down. But, I hope you're ready for our guest to arrive." Elise smiled reminding me of the obligation I agreed to.

Crap, I didn't remember it until Elise brought it up to my attention despite that being what the trio were mentioning previously. I'm starting to have second thoughts already, who knows what kind of news I'll face or what kind of person this expert will be. A thousand "what if" scenarios are playing out in my mind of how things could possibly go wrong. I guess Elise wouldn't do this unless she was sure I was safe, but it's not like I've had the best fortune with people lately.

" E-Elise, I'm not sure if I can do this, what if. Or if. well maybe. I'm just afraid." I said looking down in the corner of my eyes, after failing to articulate my worries.

It felt pretty wimpy to me to admit I was afraid, but after last night what's the use of maintaining an act? Much to my surprise Elise began leaning her eclipsing head over my body with a large smile on her face as she pressed her light pink lips on my head in a kiss. To someone my size the kiss covered my whole face and some of my upper-body. Elise pulled away giving me another loving smile.

I don't even know what to say as I stared up to Elise's bright eyes pondering why she did what she did. It wasn't like a romantic kiss, but the kind of kiss a mother gives to reassure a frightened child. I didn't expect that from her at all and I felt myself blush furiously.

" Everything will be fine, I'll be right here with you and you'll be right with me safe in my minds, I won't let go." Elise said, she sounded so assured and poetic, that I smiled slightly despite my reddened face. Being around someone so strong and brave I feel like it's rubbed off on me a little and gave me some of my own.

The doorbell rang with the end of Elise's declaration and that can only mean it's the visitor Elise called yesterday.

" You ready Franky?" Elise asked and I nodded in confirmation. Elise got up and carried me in her cupped palms. In a short few seconds Elise reached the front door and turned the knob to open it.

" Good morning, I'm glad you could make it." Elise said greeting the newcomer.

" Yeah well I'm just glad your house is located way out here and it's not nearby other houses, it makes it easy to find." The visitor said with a chuckle. It sounds like a female. . . . a very familiar one. Too familiar.

" Well I don't want to keep you in suspense. In a nutshell, yesterday me and some companions were walking along the riverside and we stumbled across something very interesting, I can't really explain it so I think it's best you see for yourself." With that Elise held the hand that held me upwards and unraveled her fingers.

In that moment time seemed to have froze as all three of us stood in silence, as no other words could describe how astonished my eyes were as they met Maddison's equally astonished eyes.

Chapter End Notes:

Reunited at last.