- Text Size +

11. Mother Dearest

" Ssh, it's okay, I'm here for you." Elise continued her methodical rubbing on Franky, she knew all along that he was bottling up his emotional trauma but she didn't expect for him to breakdown at this moment. It took near ten minutes or so but Franky eventually managed to calm down and his breathing became far less erratic, of course the time it took didn't bother Elise that much considering patience is a must have in her profession with patients. Elise couldn't help but gradually form a large satisfied smile as Franky continued to burrow his head in her breasts, even going so far as to hug his arms as best as he could around them to help himself sleep. Seeing Franky having a hard time going into slumber took initiative and gently maneuvered him int her arms and cradled him.

" Go to sleep, go to sleep little Franky." Elise hummed slowly in an almost lullaby like tone as she began to slowly rock him back and forth in her arms. Truth be told Elise didn't take any pleasure in seeing Franky hurt or in distress; but overall she deep down loved the sensation of caring for him. Just seeing him so helpless and needing her so badly made her feel more like a mother. Which ultimately she feels she missed out on for her time being a wife and parent. It secretly took almost everything in her self-control not to smother him in hugs and kisses when she saw him clutch his entire body to her finger for consolation.

Looking down at Franky's pitiful frame huddled in her arms made Elise want to hug him to bits, but she had enough restraint to keep herself from doing so. Plus she'd hate to interrupt the chance to admire her handy maternal work of watching him sleep soundly in her arms.

Even before where Franky lashed out before, having to care for his body, and feeding him pleasured her. But, this situation more than anything made Elise see Franky as more of a scared little infant crying for a protector or guardian to protect him, and she was happy to fulfill this role. Elise merely kept watching Franky sleep until she noticed him starting to toss slightly and starting to mumble something nearly undecipherable, she figured he maybe on the verge of having another nightmare.

" P-please. . .some. . one . .help me . ." He said, it took a good ear for Elise to be able to interpret it. This was a perfect opportunity to tend to him further as she leaned in closer to his ear and began to whisper.

" Don't worry little one your big strong Elise is here to make all the bad monsters go away. I'll watch over you, just sleep. . . just sleep." Elise repeated for Franky to sleep a few more times and Franky began to calm down once more and sleep easy. To say the least Elise was almost overjoyed that Franky has seemed to subconsciously connected her to some kind of maternal figure in his mind. Coupled with remembering how he mentioned that his parents died when he was young, made Elise wonder if Franky thought of her as somewhat as his mom.

" I wonder what he's dreaming about. . .maybe me. " Elise shook her head quickly, questioning her own integrity for a moment. " Don't be ridiculous it's my duty as a doctor to care for someone in need, and I'm sure he knows that too, I think."

With Franky finally sleeping normally Elise contemplated going to put him back to bed and going back upstairs to resume her sleep as well, but she found herself starting to pace back and forth with Franky in her arms deep in thought.

" He did say not to leave him, I'd be uh disobeying my doctoral duties, maybe he should just stay close by to me. Oh, what am I thinking he's not a child he's probably about eighteen, he's fine now and can sleep by himself." Elise thought to herself despite her words she was only trying to persuade herself. Every passing incident and moment where he's needed her assist made her see him more as a child, and she wanted to keep him as close as possible for her to elongate the feelings of renewed motherhood.

Elise looked down to Franky one more time, about to let him go in the bed, but he seemed to be muttering something else in his sleep now.

" . . Elise. ." He mumbled softly, it was almost as if he was calling for her.

" Don't worry Elise is right here." Elise smiled and whispered to the sleeping Franky as she turned to leave the room with Franky safe in her embrace.

Chapter End Notes:

Happy Holidays. I normally try to have a few more chapter pre-written on paper before I type them here, but I've typed up everything I've written so far. It may take me a good week or so for me to have some more of it written. I'll try to have another update before the month is over.