- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Story 26:  Cats

Ms. Johnson was the neighborhood “crazy cat lady”. She owned 32 Cats. They were her only friends, and so it remained as she lay in her deathbed, mucus flowing as she babbled insanities. For nigh a week she lay there in a constant state of delirium. Whence that week was over, she rose to the sound of her stomach growling. She sat up and looked around. The room was different. Very different. The walls were farther away, and sheets rose to mountainous proportions above her head. It was then that it hit her. She realized the room wasn’t different, it was her. She was the one who changed, and became a Barbie doll. A haggard, overweight, elderly Barbie with warts, but a Barbie nonetheless.

She began screaming and freaking out for the next few minutes, calling for help, seeing if anyone was there.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Mr. Whiskers awoke to the shrill screaming of something in Ms. Johnson’s room. He was not the only one awake. Snowball, Fluffly, Patches… all of them too were awake. They could hear it too. A panicking animal. The door to Ms. Johnson’s room was being guarded, the animals awaited their prey. They hadn’t been fed in weeks…

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Ms. Johnson calmed down after a few minutes. ‘Panicking and screaming will get you nowhere… you have to get to the phone. Call 911 or a doctor or something. She slowly slid down the sheets of her bed, making it to the floor without breaking any bones. She made her way to the door. When she crawled under the crack, she saw 64 eyes looking at her. The result was bloodier than a Saw movie.

(Another filler parenthetical. I need 77 words. Well, 70 now. Skip ahead and go to the next chapter. The rest is filler nonsensical stuff. Look down and see the beggers at your feet. Look down and see the sweepings of th estreet. Look down and show some mercy if you can. Look down, look down upon your fellow man. I play Thernardie in Les Mis. I rock. Anyone here play Guitar Hero? Through the Fire and Flames is an awesome song. Go to www.projectplaylist.com and look it up. It's badass. On with the story! -- FB)