- Text Size +

Chapter 4

Before he reached his lab, prof. Bennett was halted by his superior, director Beck. He, the leader of the clinic, had already been informed by the panicking nurses and upset assistants, but couldn't believe what he heard. Cala, one of those people of the social workplace, was growing and growing in the operating room? Was this a joke? One didn't make jokes of people like her. But prof. Bennett confirmed it all. He quickly explained what happened.

"I couldn't put the potion away... every second counted. And she entered the room and drank it. The only thing we can hope for is that she survives and I can inject her with enough the antidote," he said to his astonished boss.

"Bennett, are you sure it'll work? We can't afford her to die. And what if she wakes up and gets loose? Do you know in what trouble I am then? Do you?," director Beck asked.

"Yes, sir. Please, let me go to the lab and fetch the antidote. I do not know if I have enough, but we can try. We must."

His boss nodded and let the professor leave. He still couldn't believe it fully. Maybe it was all a joke. It wasn't April Fool's day, so that couldn't be it. His birthday? No, neither... maybe..." But a loud crash eliminated all his doubts. Running towards the noise, along with screaming and shouting underlings, director Beck saw something he wouldn't forget if he lived to be a hundred. Down the corridor, where the operating room was, the walls had collapsed. It looked like the room had been hit by a wrecking ball. Smoke was everywhere, debris lay on the floor. And among it, stood Cala.

50 feet and rising!

Eyes wide open, every thought frozen, the director of the academic clinic looked at his cleaning woman, as she groggily looked around her, swaying on her immense legs. The narcotic was still effective, but its effect was waning quickly. Cala, furthermore, was naked, but didn't seem to mind or notice. Her normally proportioned body was visible in every atomically detail, including her normal-sized breasts and her groin.

"CALA!" the director shouted. "CALA! WHAT HAPPENED?"

He screamed, as he didn't know if she could hear him from her height as well as out of panic. One doesn't encounter a giant woman every day, after all.

Cala looked down. Her eyes scanned the ground and met those of director Beck.

"Cala bad. Me drank yellow water. Now Cala bad girl. Please, no shout at Cala. Me never drink yellow water again," she slowly said. Her simple brain was unable to see the difference between being 5'5 and 55'. To her, it was normal.

"YOU... you should stay here. Err.. sit. Yes, sit down, Cala. Professor Bennett will take care of things," director Beck said. He forgot to shout, but Cala could hear him all right.

She sat down, but the debris stung her behind. "Ow," she said, her face in pain. She stood up and rubbed her behind, gaining a couple of feet in height. She was now 60 feet tall.

"Me pain. Ow on behind." the giantess said.

"Cala, come here." The director had regained some of his wits and walked over the debris of the operating room to the outside. Next to the room was a large meadow decorated with a few trees. She could sit down there. Luckily, it was sunny weather, so Cala wouldn't be freezing.

"Cala, come. Follow me," he said over his shoulder. He heard the giantess move behind him, and each of her footfalls made the earth shake a little.

CRUNCH! The director looked behind him. One of the trees, a small birch, was crushed by Cala's foot like a flower.

"NO! Cala, watch where you step! You stepped on a tree", director Beck said. "When you walk, you may not step on trees, Cala. Take care of that", he added. Cala needed to be told most things twice before she understood.

"Cala sorry," she replied. She lifted the offending foot and closely examined the remains of the birch from her height of now already 65 feet. But as she did so, she walked around its leftovers, pressed into the ground, without noticing anything else. Only the tree existed for her for the moment. She didn't think of the director, who had been standing next to her. Before he could jump out of the way, before he could shout or protest, Cala's huge foot, 9 feet long, came down on him.

He never stood a chance. Not even on the soft grass and earth of the meadow. Cala's enormous naked foot covered him completely. As she shifted her weight on it, her entire, immense mass pressed down upon the director's puny frame. He was squashed like a bug by it. His innards squirted out of his ruptured skin, his bones broke like dried twigs, his organs turned to puree. Whatever remained of him was pressed into the grass, which turned yellow immediately because it too died under the giantess' huge weight.

Cala didn't notice. She was still looking at the tree she crushed. Her simple brain was unable to make anything of it. Cala looked around her for the director. No sign of him. She didn't know that Director Beck was firmly squeezed to mush under her sole at the same time. After a couple of seconds, Cala had forgotten he had even been outside with her. She looked at the city.

Denver lay before her. Everything looked small, but to Cala, 75 feet and still growing, it was still nothing out of the ordinary. She scanned the city briefly and began walking, not knowing where to. As she lifted her foot, the bloody remains of director Beck dropped off her sole in her enormous footprint.