- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Again, I won't be inclined to continue with this story if you don't rate and review!

Jake groaned, he'd obviously hit his head pretty hard when he fell.  When he sat up his entire body stung in protest. 

"Gaaaaaagh! Fuck!" Jake shouted, rubbing his wrists. His entire body was cramping up.

"How hard did I fall?" Jake asked to no one in particular. Since he was alone in what appeared to be a hospital room. 

Jake peered around for something to call a doctor with, and that was when he noticed that something was off.

He hadn't realized at first, but he was in a much larger room than he initially thought. It seemed like it could house thirty people, and yet he was alone. His bed was also gigantic, stretching of for a half mile towards the end of the room.

Jake rubbed his eyes furiously, thinking he must be seeing things.

"What kind of room is this?" Jake said, talking aloud again.

He stood and his body cramped up again. He fell back to the bed and rocked back and forth until the pain subsided. When it was finally over, Jake managed to shakily stand, bracing himself on the enormous pillow he had been resting against.

The bed was soft beneath his bare feet, which sunk into its surface with each step as he made his way to the edge. He nearly pissed himself when he saw the floor miles below.

"Oh my god.....this place is huge!" Jake exclaimed, backing away from the edge and falling on his ass.

It was at that moment that he heard voices, muffled and distant, but growing louder and closer. 

He wasn't sure why, but he didn't feel exactly secure, and decided to hide.  Jake dashed behind his enormous pillow and peered out as the door at the end of his room opened and a man stepped inside.

He looked like a regular person, except for his size, he was a giant, almost godlike as he entered the room.

He wore a white lab coat and carried a clipboard, a stethoscope hung on his neck.

"He's a doctor...." Jake said as the man approached the bed. 

He squinted and searched the bed where Jake was laying and his eyes widened.

"Oh...oh my! I'm afraid your son is....gone  Ms. Stevens!"

Jake's jaw dropped as three more people entered the room. His family.

His mother rushed inside.

"What!? I told you we should've put him in some sort of box! Where did he go!?"

She immediately began to search his sheets.

Jake would've shown himself then if he hadn't been so dumbstruck by the sheer size of his towering mother.

His sister Brooke joined the search, and she too overwhelmed Jake with her size.

"The room isn't big...." Jake said slowly, "I'm....I’m small". 

"Maybe he fell off and we stepped on him" Skylar said, grinning as she sat down in a chair at the far corner of the room.

"Skylar shut up!" Brooke shouted as she went to her mother’s side, who was awkwardly attempting to look at the underside of her shoe, almost in tears.

"Oh my baby boy! what if he woke up while we were gone!? He would've been so scared, no idea what was going on, where his mommy was! Oh no, he must've fallen off the bed! Quick! Everyone search the floor!" His mother commanded as she got to her knees.

Jake sighed and walked out from behind the pillow. 

"Mom....I’m here...." he said, unsure of what else to say.

She didn't seem to hear him, and continued to rummage around beneath his bed.

"Mom!" He shouted, "Up here!"

His mother shot up and her eyes searched the bed. When they rested on her miniature son they widened.

"Oh there he is! My little baby!" 

Jake was about to ask that she didn't call him that when her hand was suddenly enclosing around him. 

"Whoa hey, mom wait!" He shouted as her fingers surrounded him on all sides, creating a warm and humid prison for him.

He felt his stomach churn as he was lifted off the bed, almost like being in an elevator.

He was completely shocked when his mother's fingers unfolded and he got a full view of her monstrously huge face close up.

From here, Jake could see every little detail and imperfection on his mothers skin. Every freckle, every wrinkle, even skin flakes were slightly visible at his new size.

She leaned even closer, a smile on her big red lips and examined him.

Jake stared in awe as her bright green iris took up his entire field of vision.

"Oh my gosh!" her voice boomed around him, "He's so itty bitty!"

"Yes, and that's why you have to have the utmost care with him Ms. Stevens!" The doctor said worriedly.

"Oh please, I’m his mother! Who better to take care of him than me?"

"Like I’ve said before, we can prepare a special area for him here at the hospital, well take care of all his needs and necessities so you won't have to Ms. Stevens."

"And like I’ve said before" Jake's mother started, lowering her hand and turning her attention to the doctor, "he's my son and I’ll be the one taking care of him, you won't get a penny out of me!"

"Ms. Stevens please....listen to reason! His small size makes everyday life extremely dangerous, if you'll just let us take care of him for a week I’m sure you'll-"

"No. I'm taking him home with me. Today doctor. Now, will you give us some family time?"

Jake saw the doctor hang his head, a disappointed look on his face as he reluctantly left the room.

When he was gone, his mother's smile returned and she brought him back up to her face.

"So.....how do you feel?" She asked him, curious.

"How do I feel? I feel like I’m a two inch tall man who doesn't know what the hell is going on! How do you think I feel!?"

"Actually you're just under an inch" Skylar chimed in casually from across the room.

"Skylar hush" their mother said, and returned to Jake.

"Now sweetie, it's not so bad, the doctors couldn't tell how long this will last, but at least you get to stay home with me and your big sisters, we'll take care of you!"

"Yeah, you're big sisters are gonna make everything okay Jakey" skylar mocked.

"How did this happen?" Jake asked, desperately trying to figure a way out of this.

"The doctors think it was a bug bite" Brooke said from behind him.

Jake stared down at his hand. The swelling had gone down, but the remnants of the bite could still be seen.

Jake couldn't believe what he was hearing, "But how will.....how will I.....got to school? or drive my car? Or....do.....anything!?"

"Oh Jake, I know it's gonna take some getting used to, but I promise your sisters and I will help take care of you".

Jake shook his head angrily. How could this have happened!? On his birthday!?

His mother saw his distress and pouted.

"Oh, my little baby boy, come here".

She puckered her titanic lips and brought him closer to her face.

Jake didn't have time to react as his mother pressed her huge red lips into his body, pinning him against the palm of her hand. 

"Mwah!" his mother said loudly and pulled her lips off of her son. She giggled as she realized he and his makeshift hospital robe were now covered in her bright red lipstick.

"Sorry hun, didn't think that one through."

Jake didn't say anything, since the wind had been knocked out of him. He just lay exhausted on his mothers palm.

It took a few minutes, but his mother got him cleaned up and ready to go.

"Okay sweetie, there are quite a few paparazzi downstairs, or so I’ve been told, so to make things easier i'm going to put you in my purse, okay?"

Jake groaned as Skylar giggled and sneered at his predicament. Even Brooke hid a sly smile behind her hand as Their tiny brother was dropped into their mothers handbag.

Jake was jostled around with his mothers wallet and lipstick, nearly crushed by an altoids box as his mother made her way down to the lobby.

She checked him out, even showing him to the nurse, much to Jake's embarrassment, and proceeded outside. Jake could hear the many voices that tried to desperately get an answer from his mother about the rumors of an inch tall boy being checked in to a hospital.

His mother and sisters paid them no mind, although skylar did say something about him not only being small, but that he grew extra body parts, much to the reporters delight.

The shouting and footsteps finally stopped as his mother entered the car, setting her purse down and getting buckled in.

"That was an ordeal" He heard Brooke say to his left.

"Can I hold him mom?" skylar asked from the backseat, "I promise I’ll be careful!"

Jake's eyes widened and he desperately awaited his mother's answer.

"No, not yet sweetie, Brooke you should hold him for now while I drive".

Jake waited uncomfortably as his sisters hand entered the purse and groped around for him.

When it finally found him, her fingers wrapped around him and lifted him out, making Jake sick to his stomach.

"Gonna have to get used to that" Brooke said, raising an eyebrow at him, "You won't be doing much of your own transportation anymore".

"That's right" His mother said as she drove, "From now on the women of the Stevens household have only one man, their adorable little brother". 

She giggled a bit at "little" and smiled.

"Great, just great", Jake muttered as they pulled up to the driveway of their home, not knowing how different things were about to be.