- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I realize I haven't posted in awhile, so forgive me for starting something new, I was just getting tired of my other stories, plus blancing my final highschool year and my home life doesn't leave me much free time for stuff like this anymore.

Author's Chapter Notes:

Leave me a review so I can figure out if I should devote some time towards keeping this story going.

Jake awoke to a pillow smashing into his face. He immediately began to thrash and kick, his bed sheets flying off of him to the floor. He finally managed a solid grip on the pillow and tore it from his face, flinging it across the room. 

When his eyes adjusted to the morning light he found his sister Skylar grinning evilly, sitting on his desk in a casual manner.

"Get out of my room." He said sternly, which only made things worse.

Skylar was the cruel sister; she enjoyed tormenting Jake, who was just a year younger than her nineteen years, as of today. She loved how easily she could get to him with just a few simple words or actions, she lived to torture him, and saw to it just about every day.

"Now now, is that how you should behave on your birthday?" she asked him, pouting her lips.

"Skylar go away!" Jake shouted, grabbing his blanket and rolling over to face his wall, closing his eyes and hoping to fall asleep again.

"Gosh, so mean! And to think I was going to give you a present, not now Mr. grumpy!" Skylar mocked in a childish tone. 

When Jake didn't respond she yanked the covers off of him.

"Skylar get out!" Jake shouted, covering his crotch since he was only wearing a small pair of briefs. 

"Pitching a tent are we?" Skylar said laughing, raising an eyebrow and nodding towards where his hands covered.

Jake flushed a deep red, "N-No! It's just wrong for you to see me in my underwear Sky! Now Get out!"

Jake grabbed his pillow and flung it at her and she ran from his room, giggling. 

Jake collapsed back on his bed and sighed heavily. "God, you'd think she was eight years old....".

Knowing he'd never get back to sleep now, Jake rolled out of bed and headed to the bathroom for his morning routine; piss, brush, and shower.

He left the steamy bathroom with a towel around his waist, His blonde hair sopping wet. 

He made his way downstairs to find the rest of his family already up early that Saturday.

His mother was busying herself over some bacon and pancakes. She brushed a brown lock of her autumn hair from her face and happened to notice him, half naked and wet.

"Good morning my little birthday boy!" She said cheerfully, running to his side and kissing his cheek.

Jake smiled back warmly, "morning mom."

"It's birthday man now mom, remember?" Skylar chimed in with her mouth full of cereal.

His mother didn't seem to like that comment. "Skylar eat your cereal, and don't talk with your mouth full, it's not polite."

Skylar stuck her tongue out and sneered as Jake walked past her to his older sister Brooke. 

She looked up from her phone and smiled, "morning little bro", she said smiling.

Jake hugged her as well.

Brooke was the oldest sister, almost twenty one. She wouldn't normally be living with the family if she hadn't recently gone through a bad breakup just after her engagement, so the talk of relationships was banned momentarily while she recovered. Jake didn't mind her staying though, unlike Skylar Brooke was more mature, but unfortunately she and skylar  and their mother all shared one thing, a sort of loathing for men, thanks to their father, who gave Jake his bright blonde hair and abandoned them when skylar and Jake were infants and Brooke a small toddler. 

The hatred was obvious in Skylar, who made sure to take it out on Jake on a daily basis, but it was a bit more subtle in Brooke, only showing when she and Jake would disagree. Their mother hid it even better, but she dealt with it by being overly protective towards the whole family, but Jake specifically got the most treatment. Needless to say, in what relationships they did have, the women of the Stevens family wore the pants.

At times all of it was a bit overwhelming for Jake, especially when all three were staying together. It would show more often. Jake might receive more chores or be left out of family time, Brooke and his mother Amy probably not even realizing what they were doing.

Jake shook these thoughts from his mind as he entered their laundry room. He locked the door, finished toweling off and put on fresh warm clothes from the dryer. 

He came back out just as his special breakfast was finished.

His mother pulled his seat out and got him a glass of OJ. 

"Mom really, I’m fine" Jake said, chewing on some bacon.

His mother reluctantly made her own breakfast, leaving Jake to his.

Skylar managed to snatch most of Jake's bacon, but he didn't care, he wasn't all that hungry anyways.

Normally, Jake would have made plans to hang out with his friends, but this year, since he was turning eighteen, his mother insisted that they spend the day together as a family, and Jake grudgingly agreed.

His mother wouldn't tell him where they were going, but his sisters knew, and they didn't seem very excited, judging from the bored looks on their faces as they climbed into the car.

Jake awaited their destination patiently as his mother drove, smiling excitedly.

Jake wasn't all too impressed when they arrived at their local park.

"It's a family Picnic!" His mother exclaimed.

Jake and Brooke faked some excitement as they followed their mother to the spot of her choosing.

They laid out the blanket and got the food out. Skylar immediately attacked her sandwich, and their mother scolded her eating habits as usual. 

Jake sighed and mindlessly gulped down his lunch. Nodding and smiling as his mother droned on about him when he was just a baby. She even brought pictures of when she was pregnant, some of them were torn and Jake knew that his father had probably been in them.

Jake had no idea what his father looked like, not that he cared to find out, he wasn't about to run off and find him. His mother had a deep hatred for him; even more than Brooke and Skylar, Jake knew because sometimes, when she'd had a few too many, she would yell at him for having his father’s blonde hair, or blue eyes. Jake hated when that happened, even Brooke seemed to secretly hate him for ho similar he and his father looked, and she could barely remember him. Jake was probably very lucky that Skylar couldn't remember him, or else she may have treated Jake even worse.

His mother was in the middle of pulling out the shoes he'd worn as a toddler when Jake stood up.

"Where are you going?" His mother asked, a bit upset.

"Just for a quick walk mom." Jake replied. Jake saw his mother grow a bit sad. "Relax, it's just for a few minutes, I’ll give you guys some girl time."

Jake didn't wait around to see his mothers answer. He walked off into the small forest that clung to the edge of the park. He walked along, whistling to himself, kicking a rock every now and again, when he suddenly came across a drainpipe.

It was big, large enough for him to fit in, so naturally Jake went and investigated. 

He approached slowly and peered inside, resting his hand on the entrance. He pulled out his phone and shined his light inside. Nothing.

He was busy squinting to see if he could see further in when he felt a stinging sensation on his hand.

Jake pulled his hand away from the wall of the pipe and examined it. A small bug, possibly a spider was crawling around a swelling red bite.

"Goddamn bugs", Jake said and he squished it between his fingers. He wiped his hand off and paid the bite no more attention.

He walked back to the picnic and sat down.

"Did you find anything?" Brooke asked him.

"A drain opening, but nothing was inside" Jake said as he opened a can of soda.

"You didn’t go in did you? Those pipes can be so dirty hun." His mother said, worried.

"No mom I didn't go in" Jake said. He felt a sudden pain behind his eyes and winced.

"Are you gonna be sick?" Skylar asked, scooting away from him.

"No I’m fine" Jake said, rubbing his temples.

"You're sick? Oh no, the bacon! I didn't cook it right!" His mother said, getting a worried look on her face.

"No mom I.....I said I'm......fine..." at that point Jake collapsed and lost consciousness. The last thing he remembered was his mother staring over him as his eyes shut, shouting his name.