- Text Size +
All right guys, this is a big step for me. This is my first story, and I have only the first two portions of it right now. But I want to get it out, get some criticism and see what everyone thinks. So please, feedback is welcome...

***********************************************************



There was a knock at the door. Brian and Catherine both shot up from their positions in bed as if it were their mother about to walk into the room.
Catherine calmly asked who was at the door.
“It’s Alicia” came the voice from the other side of the door.
Brian grumbled and looked at Catherine. “What does she want? Another intellectual schooling?” Catherine shrugged. “I suppose so, there is no telling.”
Catherine got up and unlocked the door so that Alicia could enter the tiny dorm.
“Geez, what were you guys doing in here?” Alicia asked while examining the room for some sign of what they were doing, hoping she was disturbing something important.
Alicia is tall and slender, with a very shapely body. Her long black hair was up in a pony tail, and she was wearing only gym shorts, an old t-shirt and flip flops. It seemed almost as if she pulled herself from bed for the purpose of disturbing the first bit of alone time that Brian and Catherine had had all day. She had a box under her arm which she placed on a small table. It was a black leather box, about the size of a shoe box, and was fastened at the top with a latch.
At first no one spoke, so Alicia, remembering her reason for coming broke the silence. “Sorry, didn’t mean to interrupt anything, but I couldn’t sleep, I thought maybe you guys would be up for a game of Belittle?”
“No Alicia, we aren’t in the mood.” Catherine replied.
“Wait a second, I’ve heard of this game. Is that the real thing?” asked Brian.
“Certainly, imported from a friend in Japan. Obviously it isn’t illegal to possess, just illegal to sell, kinda like Absinthe.”
Brian thought to himself for a moment. “Sure, I’m game.”
Catherine pulled Brian to her side. “You won’t win, don’t try.”
Brian turned to face Alicia and smiled. “Tell you what, if you’re bigger than me at the end of the game, I’ll kiss your feet.”
Alicia smiled. “I would certainly enjoy that.”
Brian winked at Catherine, and she returned him with a stern look of disapproval.
Alicia, quite pleased with herself, opened the box and began to empty it contents. First she removed a clear bottle with no labels, filled nearly to the top with sparkling clear fluid. Next she removed two sets of glasses. She began to methodically set up the glasses in a row, each glass being significantly smaller than the next. The first was the size of a shot glass, while the last was nearly half the size of a thimble. It seemed unreal to Brian that a person could ever drink out of such a glass. Lastly she removed a deck of cards. The cards seemed ancient. Each one was a piece of square parchment paper with a Japanese symbol on one side, and a riddle on the other. The object of the game was literally to belittle your opponent with your intelligence.
Once Alicia was done setting up the game, she asked Brian had he ever played. Brian responded by shaking his head.
“Well,” Alicia started “someone will read each person a riddle. If the person can not answer, or answers incorrectly, they must take a drink. Each drink will decrease your current size by half. Usually it never goes further than six drinks for one person. More than that and you’ll be too small to matter.”
Alicia looked at Brian and smiled. There was a slight hint of evil in her lips as she said “However, in this case, we will play until you are kissing my feet. I will take that as the sign of forfeit. Agreed?”
Brian returned her smile, “Or at least until you are too small to matter, right?”
“We’ll see” Alicia replied.
Alicia asked Catherine if she would like to read the riddles and keep score. She reluctantly agreed, trying to mask her anger at Alicia. Catherine knew this trick, but it was no use telling Brian, he was too sure of his intelligence to back down to any challenge.
“Looks as if I’ll be spending my night with a tiny Brian” Catherine thought to herself as she took the first card from the pile.
“Whose first?” asked Catherine.
“I think Brian should go first, since it’s his first time. It’s only fair.”
“Bring it on.” replied Brian.
Catherine calmly read the first riddle. Alicia looked at Brian with a slight smile, awaiting his answer. After a while Brian finally shook his head and shrugged.
“That’s impossible, no one knows that sort of thing.”
“Don’t try and get out of it.” Alicia said. “Her, let me get that drink for you.”
Alicia poured the drink into the first glass. Brian held it up to his face, smelled it, braced himself and downed it. He blacked out of a split second, but soon came to his senses. He was now three feet tall, his clothing was swallowing him whole. Alicia was smiling. Her lips were moving, but he couldn’t hear anything. He was both shocked and amazed. He hadn’t really expected it to work, now everything in his world was twice as big, including his adversary, and his girlfriend.
The next questions were all the same. While Alicia fired off her responses with great precision, Brian was at a constant loss.
Three feet.
One foot, six inches.
Nine inches.
Four and a half inches.
Brian now stood small and naked among a pile of his clothes, and at the feet of Alicia. The next question was read, Brian had no response. He knew from the second drink he never stood a chance, but he kept going so not to admit defeat. The thought of actually kissing Alicia’s feet made his stomach turn, but what frightened him more was the thought that one misplaced step from her, or anyone else, and he was history. Catherine was the most delicate person on the earth, but Alicia was the type to step on a person just to feel how they would squirm under her foot. He could see it in her eyes as she reached down and handed him the tiny glass she held slightly between her thumb at forefinger. On impulse, Brian drank.
Two and a half inches.
By the time Brian got his bearings, his next riddle was being read.
Alicia smiled and waved down at Brian. “There won’t be anything left next round.”
Alicia filled the last glass with a tiny eye dropper. Brian began to wave his arms furiously.
“What’s this, the little man is giving up?” Alicia said patronizingly. She crouched down to look at the little man closer. “You remember the rules, that’s not the proper way to forfeit.” She looked down at her feet and smiled at Brian, then arose to her full height.
Catherine grabbed Alicia by the arm. “Alicia, please. You’ve had your fun. Don’t make him do that.”
“He was the one who said he would, it wasn’t my rules, but I will hold him to it.”
Meanwhile Brian walked up to Alicia’s massive foot. The sole of her flip flop was as high as his chest. He began to climb unto the edge of her flip flop. He pushed himself up and threw one leg over on top of the end of her sole.
Alicia looked down at the tiny man struggling to climb up to her foot.
“Aww, you poor thing.” she said with a giggle. “Here, I’ll help you.”
She slid her foot out of the shoe as soon as he had managed to get his entire body onto the edge. As she did this, Brian went rolling down the length of the flip flop, stopping at the end where her heel would be. It was warm, and the indention from where her foot had just been was large enough that Brian’s whole body could fit into it.
Alicia held her foot in the air slightly over Brian and the flip flop, covering them both in the shadow of her massive foot. She then placed her long slender foot next to the flip flop. Alicia cleared her throat and wiggled her toes.
“What are you waiting on little man?”
Brian slid off the back of the flip flop and walked the length of Alicia’s foot, starting from her heel to her toes. He now stood directly in front of her big toe. He couldn’t see the look on her face, because he refused to look up at her, but he knew she was enjoying this more than anything. Brian took a deep breathe and braced himself. The smell of her feet was pretty strong, but he liked it. It smelled like vanilla. She had obviously just put on lotion. Brian leaned in towards the big toe to kiss it when she lifted her foot slightly.
“Come on little man, you have to want it, it’s not too high.”
Brian reached up, even jumped. He couldn’t reach her foot.
“Alicia, stop it. Please.” Catherine pleaded.
“Ok, ok, chill out. I was just playing with him.” She put her foot back down, though this time slightly on top of Brian.
“Alicia! What are you doing?!” Catherine exploded.
“Don’t worry, I wont step on him. Promise. I just want him to kiss the bottom of my foot. I think it’s only appropriate.”
Brian, now under Alicia’s big toe, kissed the bottom of her big toe slightly.
“Come on little man, is that all you have. I hardly felt it. Give it a good lick.”
Brian began to lick the bottom of her toe. He did so until Catherine pleaded with Alicia that she stop. Finally, Alicia moved her foot back, and Brian rolled over on his stomach.
“Don’t worry about the little guy, he’ll be fine.”
Alicia slid her foot back into the flip flop. Just as Brian pulled himself back to his feet, Alicia took a step and sent her massive foot smashing down directly on top of Brian, smashing his tiny body between the floor and the dirty bottom of her shoe.
“Oppsie” Alicia said with a giggle.
Just as Brian was coming to his senses, he looked up just in time to see the bottom of Alicia’s flip flop as it came smashing down on top of him. Fear and panic ran through his mind as he realized that his life was soon to be over. He had been shrunk, humiliated, and now squished like a bug underfoot.
Alicia pressed down hard on Brian. Pain shot through every part of his body. His body flattened and sunk into the rubber bottoms of Alicia’s shoe. The pain became so great that he wished he would explode.
Catherine was in complete shock. She had just witnessed her tiny boyfriend get squished like a bug under her enemies foot. Catherine was trembling with anger and fear.
“Come on, chill out. Look, he’s fine.”
Just as the pain became too much to bare, Brian began to black out. Then Alicia lifted her foot, but Brian wasn’t under it. He had stuck to the bottom of her shoe. Alicia looked at the tiny man stuck under her shoe and laughed.
“That’s embarrassing.” Alicia said while shaking her foot. Brian dropped to the floor with a slight thud. He groaned and turned over. The impact had not killed him, but he pain was still surging through his body.
“You’ll find that he is much more durable now, at this state. You can’t die like that when you’ve had this to drink.” Alicia was saying as she packed up her game.
“Don’t worry, its only temporary. It’ll wear off in about ten to twelve hours.
Alicia had finished packing up her things. She seemed very pleased with herself, as if she had accomplished something great. She placed her foot in front of Brian.
“No good bye kiss?” Alicia laughed and walked out the door.
“You guys have fun” she said as she closed the door.
“Just get out.” Catherine said coldly just as Alicia had shut the door.