- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Rewritten

Ten years were probably shaved off my life from how high my heart rate spiked. I've never been so startled before and like a moron I dropped the broom. Was she sitting here waiting for me this whole time? Is it a good thing, that she didn't attack me since she had every chance to do so if she wanted?

 

" Good evening Matthew Valon, I've been waiting for you." Said the woman, her sentence prompted more red flags in my brain, such as how she knew my name or where I lived, let alone how she got in without any signs of breaking and entering.

 

" There's a couple of things I'd like to discuss with you so lets begin." She sounded so collected and calm, completely disregarding the flabbergasted look on my face.

 

" Who the hell are you and how did you get in here!?" I screamed. " Get out before I call the cops!" I threatened, but the lady only stared at me like I was making a stupid statement.

 

" Anyway, moving on lets-" The woman continued, but I wanted to hear none of what she had to say so I ran out of the living room to take out my cellphone to start calling 911, but during my retreat I fell to the ground having bumped into something that felt like it came out of nowhere.

 

" Whoa!" I scooted back dropping my phone and I looked up to see the same woman who was sitting on the couch was now right in front staring down at me.

 

" H-hhow . .!?!" I couldn't find the words to express how dumbfounded I was by the mysterious lady pulling off this impossible feat.

 

I scurried back up to my feet so I was in a less vulnerable position, a decision I regretted instantly since up close I was able to notice the whole might of this woman. Easily standing a few inches over 6 feet tall she would even humble Candace! She had long, dark, brown hair and the most piercing set of amber eyes that had so much intensity that bullets may shoot out from them. She was dressed in a very formal business suit only with a skirt and wearing 2-inch heels even without them, she'd stand a petrifying 6'3 by my guess. Tall, long-hair, fairly curvy, large D-cup breasts, and flawless light olive skin. Everything about her appearance can be described as flawless, it's almost unnatural how perfect she looks.

 

" Are you just about done?" She asked impatiently, tapping her foot on the ground. Looking down, I tried again to make a grab for my phone, but the woman intervened far faster than I can even see and grabbed my wrist.

 

" Fine maybe this will make this easier." She said and pulled me up to my feet, if that wasn't an impressive display of strength she lifted me up completely in the air by my shirt collar and pressed my back against the wall. She then transitioned to put one hand on my stomach to hold me in place.

 

She doesn't look to be straining herself in the slightest.

 

" Now lets try this again. My name is Dana Hellen as it would be pronounced in your language. I'm a devil that has come from Hell for you." She conveyed professionally in a tone that downplayed the completely far-fetched nature of her sentiment.

 

This must be some kind of joke . .. right? There's no way she could be serious, is what I'd like to say. But, it's undeniable that she somehow got into my house without any signs of breaking in, somehow got in front of me out of nowhere, and is unbelievably strong, not even for a woman. Unbelievably strong, period.

 

" Devil!? I don't understand! I thought you had a pitch fork and horns, h-how do I even know you're for real!?" I stammered trying to find anyway to discredit her. Dana grew tired of my spazzing and let one hand off of my stomach and used it to cover my mouth handily silencing me.

 

" I'm well aware of how human's tend to depict devils in religion, art, and so on, but we're able to change our forms to something that our targets will find most appealing." Dana explained. " In case you still don't believe me." Dana let her hand off of my mouth and was still able to maintain her hold on me against the wall with one hand. Dana opened her hand and within her palm a red-orange flame appeared out of thin air in the center. Never in my life have I seen anything like this, there was no denying it at all and to my horror she began to bring the flame closer to my face. I can feel the heat radiating from the flame and it was soon close enough to threaten to burn me. I started to uselessly kick and flail my limbs in fear, although this didn't phase Dana at all.

 

Abruptly dropping me I fell flat on my rear. I exhaled heavily, thankful I didn't get burned, however I still have no clarity to what exactly is going on. Dana had me cornered against the wall with no way of escaping passed her.

 

" Why are you here?! Am I dead!? I didn't do anything too bad! It's not like I'm a murderer or rapist or something! " I exclaimed while balling up as much as I could to create bit of distance between us. My pleading only succeeded in getting a laugh out of Dana who was amused at me begging. " You seriously think I'm here to send you to hell?" She laughed. " If that's what I was here for this whole would be painted with your blood already."

 

That's good news . . . .I think?

 

" All I'm here for is to grant you a wish." Dana said, extending out a hand to help me up, I reluctantly extended mine, seeing how she can make a fire in her hand. In another show of power she effortlessly pulled me up to a vertical base.

 

" So wait, why are you here then? Shouldn't an angel be granting my wish?" I questioned, she may have been civil so far, but she's a devil no-less.

 

" Wish granting is devil authority only. However, we only appear to people who desire something so badly that it summons forth our presence." Dana explained putting a hand on my shoulder to keep me from running again. Something about her explanation seems sketchy, what does she mean by wish granting? Why would she just do me a favor like that?

 

" To prove I'm not lying I know all about your desire for fame and financial prosperity. How your boss at work flamboyantly shows off to you, or how you have to dedicate most of your time to work to keep up with your living expenses." Dana went on, hitting the nail right on the head in specifics that once again made it impossible for me to call her a liar. " So I can make your deepest desires happen." Dana smiled. * Ding Dong* We both turned our heads as I heard my doorbell ring.

 

" Matt are you okay?" Said a familiar voice from outside.

 

" Oh no, it's my neighbor Christina." I nervously said out loud, I didn't consider how loud I may have sounded on the outside. " You gotta hide Dana!" I panicked as I tried to push her to a more unnoticeable spot, but she wouldn't budge one bit, she only smirked at my foolish thinking that I could make her move.

 

" Answer it, she can't see me." Dana said, shoving me towards the door, having much more success in moving me than vice-versa. I almost lost my balance entirely as I stumbled to the door. I turned my head a bit to see Dana standing a few feet behind me, and turned back to open the door. Sure enough it was Christina my 31 year old neighbor who befriended me when I first moved in. She was a modest 5'6 and single. She kept herself in great shape and I can imagine she was quite a stunner with men possessing blonde hair and green eyes that shined like a gem. Not that I had a shot with her, being 9 years my elder she always acted as a maternal figure to me.

 

" Uh, hey Christina." My voice cracked, and I came to the realization that I was sweating.

 

" Is everything alright in there, I heard a lot of noise coming from here so I wanted to make sure you were okay." Christina was always worried about me overworking myself and if I was keeping myself healthy and safe. It was annoying sometimes but it was a really nice thing of her.

 

" Yeah sure, never better. I just uh saw a roach in here." I quickly responded, faking a laugh in hopes she buys my story.

 

"Um, I see. Perhaps you should consult the front office that there's a bug problem." Christina sounded unsure about my excuse, she was wearing nothing but a black bathrobe and slippers so I may have been interrupting her sleep. " You should get some rest, you look a little tense and hot too." Christina worriedly put a hand on my forehead, yeesh she always did stuff like that as if I was a kid. I think she was oblivious to how it always embarrassed me a little.

 

" Y-yeah you're right. Thanks for checking up on me." I smiled. " Good night." I said starting to close the door as Christina responded the same and began to walk back to her apartment. I closed the door entirely and gave a sigh of relief since that encounter went better than I thought. I turned around and startling me yet again was Dana who was standing as close as she could. Including her heels I stared straight at her neck, I was only a few inches shy of being face to face with her cleavage.

 

" Now back to business I'll make your desire come true." Dana didn't skip a beat, knowing exactly where to pick up.

 

Getting back to the matter at hand, I was still very skeptical of Dana for reasons I should address right now. " Okay so you'll make my desires come true, what's the catch?"

 

" Oh?" Dana looked down at me, with a tone of sarcastic surprise in her voice.

 

" Seriously. If you're a devil like you say, you're not going to just do me a favor for free. So what's the catch, are you gonna half-ass my wish? Or take my soul?" This much I had to be correct on, there's no chance she's going to do this without getting something out of it.

 

" Well at least you're not a complete fool. But you're right, I'm not going to act like this is charity on my part. In this world it's impossible to get something for nothing, so if you're willing to accept the repercussions I can give you what your will seeks. But, it's not going to be your soul, and I'll grant your wish very fairly." Dana explained looking me dead in the eyes, I could melt in their intensity.

 

" Then what's the price?" I asked curiously, there's no way I can make a deal with the devil ( literally) without knowing what I'm getting into.

 

" In order to give you the status that you seek, I'll have to decrease another form of status in you." That's all the information I can disclose to you.

 

Status of mine? It's not like I have anything to take, even if she did, what will it matter with all the fame and money I'll get? I guess it is a wrong thing to collaborate with an evil being, then again some people no matter how hard they try or work, will never get anywhere in life, while others get them handed to them on a silver platter, who am I to pass up the chance to get everything I've always wanted?

 

" So what will it be Matthew yes or no?" Dana's demanded an answer now. I gulped slightly to think everything I ever wanted was about to come true. I'm positive she wants her answer here and now, and I wasn't going to turn down this once in a lifetime opportunity.

 

" Yes I accept." I said trying not to sound afraid. My facade of readiness shattered when Dana smiled widely for the first time.

 

" Excellent." She said and out of nowhere a circle of spiraling fire emerged from on the ground rose upward trapping us both inside, I shouldn't be surprised at a supernatural being, capable of doing things that are outright impossible, but astonished I still am. I want to gasp in amazement but the air was evaporating and the temperature rapidly increasing, Dana though was perfectly fine. My body started to get very weak from the heat and the lack of oxygen. My legs felt like boiled noodles struggling to keep me up, I was drooping downwards on verge of passing out at any moment. I looked up at Dana and my stomach sunk as her eyes shifted colors from amber to a glowing red. Extending her index finger out a small blue fire emerged from the tip and she merely tapped my forehead with it. I was too weak to attempt to avoid it, luckily though the fire didn't burn me at all but the flame remained on my forehead.

 

I'm not sure how much longer this or I will last but Dana proceeded forward and leaned in and cupped my face in her hands, which is the only reason I'm standing. Moving in closer she pressed her soft lips onto the fire on my forehead. I cringed heavily as this act burned BADLY and the smell of my burning flesh made me scream in pain, I almost thought it was gonna burn right through my skull. Dana's kiss however put out the fire on my head and in a flash the fire surrounding us dispersed and everything was back to normal, rendering the hell fiery events that just occurred a memory without a trace. Once everything was set and done Dana let go of my face and I felt my body give out and fell back first on the floor.

 

" The contract is complete." I heard Dana's voice becoming distant and my vision faded out completely as Dana towered over my fallen unconscious body.