- Text Size +

When I walked into Candace's office her chair was turned around, and she wasn't saying a word, which I welcomed the thought of her being quiet for once, but the uncommon occurrence gave me a sense of apprehension.

 

“ U-uh, what is it Candace?”

 

“ I wanted to discuss the matter of your shrinking and your ability to continue work in the future.” She responded in a very serious tone. Her statement turned everything I thought I knew upside down. How does she know I'm shrinking!? Better yet, why doesn't anyone else know!? For all intents and purposes everyone else treated me as if I was at a natural height.

 

The air went silent following her statement, I lacked the foggiest idea at how to respond, yet Candace was ready to continue and turned around in her chair, unveiling the most startling discovery yet, she looked a lot like Dana because . . .it is Dana!

 

“ WHAT THE HELL, DANA?! What are you doing here, and how did you disguise your voice like that!?” Given my day so far, surprises are the last thing I want, even if I'm lucky it was a hoax that Candace knew about me shrinking.

 

“ It's a pretty nifty trick and I figured it was about time that I checked up on you.” Dana stated she was vibrant and stylish as ever, plus uncaring that she scared me half to death. “ I better stand up it's getting hard to see you down there.”

 

“ Oh har har, like I'm not thinking enough about my height already.” I retorted, however my sarcasm faded fast as I watched Dana rise up to her full height, taller . .and taller . .and taller. I'm positive I had a slew of frustration that I wanted to aim her way, but every last word left my mind in light of Dana's full height now.

 

“ You look awfully . . .” I began, trying to find which synonym to use that adequately represented my disbelief.

 

“ Distinguished? Pronounced? Esteemed?” Dana confidently filled in the blank with a variety of words, she certainly knows what words I was actually thinking about using. She's fucking with me plain and simple and she knows something that I don't know.

 

“ You're fucking huge!” Not the most eloquent piece of wording, that's as good as it's going to get considering my anger and discombobulation.

 

“ It's because you're so little. Let me come around so I can get a better peek.” Dana casually remarked with total disregard of my insecurity about my height loss. Without the desk obscuring any of her body, I almost envisioned myself shrinking further while she strutted to me.

 

Once again I'm speechless, I know I lost a lot of height, but she can't possibly be this tall, there's no way. “ You're taller . . .” I quietly said, still partially trying to accept this unbelievable fact.

 

“ Hm, you sure about that? I'm pretty sure it's just the fact that you're so tiny now.” Dana dismissed, and passively belittled me at the same time.

 

Am I losing my mind? It can't be right, I eyed Dana up in down, her legs akin to towers made of ivory, to her torso that didn't appear to have not one extra percent of excess fat, to her perfectly rounded breasts that existed in perfect proportion to the rest of her massive body, to her oh so glorious face and luscious hair which shined radiantly with health. As if it was possible, she appeared even more flawless than I remember. This only reaffirmed my suspicions though.

 

“ Bull! I may be shorter, but now I'm no taller than your naval!?” I shouted, even now still coming to grips that I wasn't off my rocker.

 

“ What am I going to do!? How long will the shrinking happen?! Oh man, this is crazy!” Contempt and irritation gave way to a sense of panic, seeing Dana here and all her mass teasing me like this I'm sure is having the exact affect she was aiming to produce.

 

Dana paying no heed to my spazzing, lifted me up off the ground as easily as a child would a toy, if my height was pathetic, my weight by extension was too. She sat me down on the chair, bearing down on my shoulders with her hand, she barely needed to exert any effort to render me motionless.

 

“ It's not all bad, don't forget soon your wish will be granted in it's entirety. Everything is almost in place.” Dana informatively said, her smile still had a distinct deviousness to it that reminded me why I didn't trust her as if he fact that she's a devil wasn't already reason enough, but I forgot all about my wish.

 

“ I guess . .this is the worst of it now though right?” I asked.

 

“ Exactly, everything will be smooth sailing soon. These hardships and shock are going to be over before you know it, and you'll be able to enjoy your life in the fashion you've always dreamed.” Dana said, staring me square in the eyes showing her greatest effort of genuinely caring yet.

 

“ Right now all you need to do is look at me, and trust me.” She concluded, and I obliged looking Dana in her eyes while abandoning all preconceived notions I had of her. At that moment weirdness started to commence, her normally amber eyes for the second time I remember shined in a dimly red light. That should have been the warning sign to look away or make a getaway, but they felt hypnotic and I couldn't find the mental resistance to look away. My mind went blank similar to how a hypnotist has someone watch a pendulum swing back and forth.

 

While I couldn't think much at all, I certainly could feel and right now I felt a sensation of dizziness overtaking me and myself losing grasp on where I was. Finally my danger senses kicked in and it dawned on me that I should be trying to get away; trying and doing however are totally different things. My body just didn't cooperate as if I was struck with some sort of paralysis that locked me into place and forced me to continue staring Dana in the eyes, relative to my static position the room was in motion, appearing to be ascending. The logical conclusion meant, I was shrinking again, panic hit my bloodstream again, my brain relaying the message to my body that I'm in danger. My adrenaline rush though proved useless, my body still didn't have enough strength to resist so I sat in a frozen, paralyzed, fear. It wont last longer for weakness took the leading spot of sensations I feel at the moment, weakness that once again threatened to leave me an unconscious sack of meat.

 

It was difficult to determine what was going on at the moment, but three things were abundantly clear to me. The first obviously being I was shrinking yet again. The second once again pretty obvious, I was going to pass out. The third however, became clear while I stared at Dana while everything else happened, her body was slowly swelling . . .expanding . . . rising, and I don't mean that relative to me shrinking, but as an standalone event. I was certain of it, she's growing, unfortunately I wont be able to call her out on it at the moment . . .

 

 

 

Click clack click clack

 

My eyes forced open at the sound of a pair of shoes clacking on the ground with each step, I forced my brain to piece together everything I needed to know. I've shrunken again I'm sure, Dana's gone, most importantly I'm in Candace's office. Oh crap, that must mean those footsteps belong too . .

 

Wasting no time, I scooted out of Candace's chair nearly losing my balance for how far up in the air I was, instead of freaking out over it, I remained focus and scurried straight to the door. I can't deal with this all right now, I'll call later and take the rest of the day o-

 

I stumbled backwards having collided with what might as well have been a brick wall; that'd be preferable because in reality I bumped into the one person I have been attempting to avoid all day, Candace. Unlike me who lost his balance, Candace although mildly surprised remained physically unphased at the collision.

 

“ Mr. Matthews what are you doing in here?” She asked expectantly, peering down with interrogative eyes. Jesus freaking Christ, she looks as tall to me as Dana did when I first came in. I normally would withstand it or ignore it when Candace castedher inquisitive gazes. She stepped forward in curiosity of my answer and subconsciously I backpedaled to preserve some space. Candace in response though, leaned forward to get a better view of my face, inadvertently making herself appear even bigger when compared to myself,with her presence being so high above me, her stare had so much more intrusiveness behind it, prompting a much more defensive and submissive body language from me. It's beyond humiliating to be seen in this state by my patronizing boss, I need to get this over with now.

 

“ I just wanted to let you know, I was leaving early today because I'm not feeling too well, you weren't here so I decided to wait.” I fibbed. I know Candace will be very irritated by the inconvenience my departure would cause, far more pressing matters are on my mind at the moment though and I'll deal with the aftermath later.

 

“ I see . . .” Candace simply said, not the response I was expecting at all. I looked as Candace shifted her eyes to her work area. “ . .Were you sitting in my chair?”

 

Fucking hell, besides her massive ego and height, she also possessed the eyes of a hawk and could spot salt in a bowl full of sugar.

 

“ I . . um . .uh” I've got nothing that could cover this up, she clearly noticed that her chair wasn't in the same position as she left it and I can't explain it away. I was expecting Candace to be furious at me, the last time an employee got caught snooping in her office, she went irate and he was in the unemployment line when she was done with him. Right now though, Candace simply grinned away down at me.

 

“ Come on Mr. Matthews. If you were so curious about your boss you could've asked.” She concluded. God dammit, this self-absorbed woman seriously thinks I have the foggiest interest in anything she does. Candace took a seat in her chair and unexpectedly like picking up a child, she easily hoisted me up and sat me up on her lap. . . .My boss Candace just lifted me up and sat me down on her lap. . .my boss was holding me on her lap . . .shoot me. Nothing would make the sight of my boss holding me like a mother would a child okay, and I definitely will need a lot of alcohol to forget this moment.

 

I did everything possible to try to force some separation, it was easily countered though by Candace simply draping her arm across my stomach to lock me in place. Candace then started to click away on her computer and rambled on about her various responsibilities and explaining what she was doing, all the while the hand that was keeping me pinned started to gyrate over my stomach in a circular motion, this didn't feel like affection, more like a consoling act, few things in my life have ever been as awkward and boring as this.

 

“ So it's pretty cool sitting up here with the big boss huh?” Candace asked, fortunately breaking up the monotony before I fell asleep.

 

“ Yeah.” I plainly responded, instead of giving a response such as ' Shut the fuck up and let me go.'

 

“ You know Mr. Matthew's I appreciate you coming in everyday and trying your best despite your unfortunate condition.” Candace said, now rubbing my head in an act of pity. Right then a red flag went up in my mind and I jumped off her lap and turned to face her.

 

“ What condition!?! I'm fine!” Besides my drastic loss of height I'm okay . .right!? I have a condition???

 

“ It's okay, it's okay. I know you don't like talking about it, but it's alright take as much time as you need to.” She sympathetically said, placing her hand on my shoulder. I stared at her in dismay, she thinks I'm in denial! What condition do I have and does it pertain to me shrinking!? I especially hate this tone of pity that Candace is giving me, I need to get out . NOW.

 

“ Just be sur-”

 

“ Yeah thanks boss!” I sarcastically shouted said and stormed out of Candace's office before I had to hear another word from her, I gotta get my mind clear.