- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Writing at the speed of snail. The first two chapters were re-written.

I rolled out of bed feeling like a mammal coming out of hibernation and readjusting to the world. It certainly felt like I was out for longer than a normal 8 hour sleep. Making sure I didn't miss out onanything too important I checked my phone. I had a single notification which suspiciously came from a number with an area code of 666. I gulped, it all came back to me now, that devil Dana who broke into my house and promised to grant my wish. That's right . . .my wish! There's no way all of that madness the other day was a hyper realistic dream. Without delaying it further I checked to see what she said. The text read :

 

" While you're under contract I'll be responsible for checking on your status periodically, if you need to see me right away simply call the number this text came from - Dana."

 

I'd rather limit my interaction with that demon, besides, all that matters to me is if my wish was fulfilled or not. Nothing seemed any different, I checked the news online on my phone, my apartment seemed the same, my checking and savings account were all as they were prior to meeting Dana.

 

Like that Friday I was forced out of my musings by the sound of my door knocking, switching gears I went to answer. Waiting right at the door seeming like she was about to knock again was Christina. " U-um, hi Christina, how are you?" Her caring eyes were enough to make even the most paranoid people forget about their troubles.

 

" You haven't stepped foot out of your apartment all weekend, you sure you're up for running with me today?" Christina asked in a concerned tone that I've become accustomed to hearing. " Yeah, never better. Just give me a moment! " I immediately answered, my lack of consciousness for over 24 hours made me forget we go running on Sunday's. I feel kinda bad lying while she's staring down into my eyes, however I don't need her worrying about my mental health along with my physical health.

 

Hold up . . down into my eyes? That can't be right, I was at least a couple of inches taller than Christina, yet in that conversation I had to look up to her a little bit?

 

" Um, hey Christina before you go? Do I look . . .normal to you ? " I timidly asked, if I noticed this why hasn't Christina?

 

Christina gave me a curious gaze for a few moments and eyed me all around before giving her verdict. " You, look normal to me. Are you sure you're up to this today?" She asked again. I nodded again and asked for a moment to go get changed into an appropriate running attire and meeting her outside on the usual path we run. I was pretty much functioning on auto-pilot as I tried to wrap my brain around what happened. There's no question it had to be Dana's work, it's the only thing that explained why this happened. But, why couldn't Christina tell the difference? Perhaps the most obvious thing is hard to notice when you're thinking too hard about it. Ultimately, it's too my benefit, if she did notice she'd flip out and wouldn't let me travel 5 feet without a status report on my condition. It's best I don't call any more attention to it and keep the best a facade of normalcy as possible to avoid skepticism. Afterwards I knew exactly who I'd be contacting.

 

Concerning the immediate issue, if I was a little shorter than Christina now I had to guess I'm now 5'4 inches tall, that also made me think of the ramifications that would have on my running performance. Christina was a lot more health conscious and keen on exercising so she normally ran more efficiently and longer without tiring compared to myself. I was definitely going to have to compensate more so now with the loss in height.

 

When we actually started running the impact the loss of height was had was made painfully clear minute by minute with Christina gradually gained more distance and leaving me in the dust. Before while she was generally a few paces ahead of me, I could hold my own and not fall too far behind, but I never had so much trouble keeping up with Christina as I did now. I imagine I was trying to run at the same speed that I normally did, but it just wasn't cutting it thus forcing me in turn to have to exert myself further. Unaccustomed to running like this though, I quickly found myself tiring out and my running companion was nowhere in sight. It was a lost cause now and stopped running to catch my breath, and walk the rest of the way.

 

The last bit was made easy, I looked forward to see Christina running back to me. The difference was night and day, with her appearing like she only went on a light jog as intended, while myself like I just finished a complete triathlon.

 

" Matthew what's wrong? We've hardly started and you're already exhausted." She noted.

 

" Sorry . .sorry." I replied in between pants. " Maybe you were right earlier, I'm not up for this today. I should really rest up for work tomorrow." I made up for a convenient excuse to get out of this. I can't believe that run took this much out of me.

 

" I understand, take care of yourself. If you need anything give me a call." Christina as expected was as understanding and empathetic as usual. At last it was time to get some answers.

 

Frantically making it back into my apartment as fast as possible in my fatigued state I punched in Dana's number like my life depended on it. I frustratedly paced in circles while I listened to the droll sound of the phone ringing.

 

" Need something Matthew?" I heard from behind me, her soft but authoritative voice coupled with her appearing out of thin air made startled me, at least I got a hold of her. Similarly to myself and Christina earlier, Dana was dressed in a running entire, only her shorts were much too small for her, leaving much of her thighs and legs exposed, with an equally small tank top that stopped midway exposed her washboard stomach, and her perfectly round breasts looked ready to break free of their confounds at any second. Now's not the time to be distracted by her voluptuous figure though.

 

" Yeah, I need something! I'm shorter! Last I checked, people don't just shrink over night, so I figured it must be your doing! Oh and by the way, what happened to my wish!?" I vented away and Dana couldn't appear less interested if she tried.

 

" Sorry if I'm being a nuisance to you!" I sarcastically added.

 

" Calm down. Didn't I tell you, something can't come from nothing? You knew fully well that I was going to take something from you in order to generate what you want." Dana matter of factly explained, reminding me that I voluntarily signed up for whatever came my way.

 

" I guess so . . " I agreed reluctantly since my complaint was rendered moot.

 

" It'll take a little time for everything to come full circle, but I assure you once everything is set and done you'll have everything you wanted like I promised." Dana explained again, surprisingly in a soft and sweet tone taking a few strides forward, the gap in our heights was more pronounced now. Focusing on that, I didn't notice Dana sneakily slide her hand behind my head. I wanted to pull away, but she was much too strong easily forcing me to rest my hand on her massive mamaries. Being this close, all my attention shifted on how wonderful she smelled , it was beyond the basic nice smell of perfume, this was intoxicating.

 

" Things are just starting, so be patient. What's the worry? Sure you won't be the tallest guy in the world, but that won't matter at all when you have fame and riches beyond words." Dana began to rub my head in an unexpected show of tenderness.

 

" Maybe you're right . ." I slowly responded, my cognitive and mental functions felt to be getting lousier by the moment, with all I was capable of doing right now was mindlessly agree with Dana without thinking. Her voice then lowered to a whisper.

 

" Good, now then you should lie down. You have a long day ahead of you tomorrow." She knelt down and lifted me off my feet, holding me semi-draped over her shoulder. I was unable to struggle at all and honestly even if I could it probably wouldn't have mattered.

 

" Y-yeah . ." I drearily responded. Dana easily carried me over to my bed and carefully set me down on my bed, going as far to pull the bed sheets and blanket over my prone body. Even now with my senses drastically dulled I was uneased by Dana, she was hiding something from me, she just had to be. I have to figure it out, unfortunately it'll have to be during a time when my mind is more compliant. Dana continued to make up my bed, finishing by fluffing my pillow from underneath my head. As kind as her gestures may seem, with the lasts of my ability to reason, I knew it was a ploy for her to stay close to me for the strange effect her scent was having on me.

 

" There we go. Now go to sleep." Dana whispered as my lights went off and her voice echoing in my mind.