- Text Size +

“You both need to keep focused on the job,” said Atom.

 

He asked Barry Allen what date he got his powers, and Barry worked it out from the dating on police reports he was working on just before his accident.

 

Atom time travelled back alone to 1956 and took inventory of the chemicals on the laboratory shelf, and then purchased the same chemicals in the present, and took the Silver Age Squad back to 1946. He blindfolded Livewire and Catwoman, and all four went to Barry Allen’s backyard, while his parents were at work. Atom removed the blindfolds, and sent Mouse Lad and Catwoman over to the house to break in.

 

“If you hold me close to the lock, I can pick it,” said Mouse Lad, and noticed that Catwoman was frequently licking her lips, “Are you serious about eating me?”

 

“What else do you expect from a Cat?” asked Catwoman.

 

“I guess we are naturally enemies, when you think about it,” said Mouse Lad, “But I don’t hate you at all, even though you want to eat me.”

 

“I don’t hate you either. I think you’re cute and no doubt delicious,” said Catwoman.

 

With that she put out her tongue and slowly licked his shoulders and face.

 

“I … really enjoyed that, actually,” said Mouse Lad.

 

“Tell it to my tummy when the fun’s over,” said Catwoman.

 

He turned around and worked on the lock, still talking to her.

 

“I was eaten by someone in this time era and rescued by time travel. I don’t think I’d mind what you’ve got in mind, if you went out with me a few times first.”

 

“You’re just a boy,” she said, “Why should I date a tiny boy?”

 

“I’ll be safe with the time pool staff after this mission’s over. You’ll be unlikely to ever catch me once you’re released back into society. If you promised to date me first, I could surrender myself to you willingly.”

 

He heard the lock move, and removed his hands and turned back to face Catwoman.

 

She surprised him with a slow kiss.

 

“We’ll work out whether you get dated and eaten or caught and eaten later,” she said, “It’s time to plant some chemicals.”

 

They finished the job, and then everyone hid in the backyard, with Catwoman blindfolded once again, and Livewire guided to the window blindfolded as well, as soon as Barry Allen was home. He was in his room doing his homework, when Livewire’s blast of lightning came through the window and gave Barry quite an ecstatic shock.

 

Atom led the others back to the time machine, returned them all to the present, had Catwoman’s and Livewire’s sentences commuted to time served, and then returned the time machine to Rip Hunter. Using the Time Pool, operated by Wonder Woman and Mouse Lad, Atom returned to 1946, explained to Joan Garrick that a teenaged boy had acquired the same super speed of her late husband Jay, and asked Joan to intercept Barry on his way to school and take him under her guidance.

 

Atom returned to the present.

 

Joan caught the same bus as Barry, whispered that she was the late Flash’s widow, and that she had learned of Barry’s speed, and asked him to come over on the weekend. Barry became the new Flash and soon fell in love with his mentor Joan Williams Garrick. As a result, he never met Iris West, and found that Joan’s Golden Age experience which had slowed her aging was a pleasant surprise. Iris was never killed by a vindictive Reverse Flash Professor Zoom. Time ripples caused him to fall in love with Giganta instead of Iris West  Doris declined his affections, saying that Zoom and Zool sounded too corny for words. Rather than kill her out of unrequited love, he tried to kill her boyfriend, but was defeated by a far more seasoned Barry Allen Flash and his friends. The universe only benefitted from the final changes to the timeline, proving that Rip Hunter’s theories had been well justified.