- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Since changing DC history is the main premise for this story, these two chapters will do it again.

Atom-M and Wonder Woman-M had a visit from Rip Hunter, professional time traveller of the late 1950s onward, who had added to his time technology and was now able to monitor any fluctuations in the timestream. He explained this to them, but said that he had not perfected his time monitor until after Atom and others had made so many significant changes to the timestream, that it had had the unpredictable Time Ripple effect of causing the Golden Age Flash Jay Garrick to die in 1945 near the end of World War II.

 

“Too much has been changed for me to have kept track of all of it. I can only think of one solution to the loss of the Golden Age Flash from 1945 onwards,” said Rip Hunter, “We must further alter time to introduce the Silver Age Flash sooner. Atom, you would be privy to his powers and origin. That’s why I can’t undertake this mission myself, but you must go back to time when the Silver Age Flash was merely a teenager, and recreate the circumstances that led to his acquiring his super speed, so that it happens earlier in his life. He will then fill the void of his pre-deceaser, to coin a phrase. You could also introduce the newly created teenage Silver Age Flash to the widow of the Golden Age Flash. She would be very familiar with the Golden Age Flash’s powers and methods and could act as his mentor. I will make my time machine available to you, in case you need to send someone normal sized through time. I’ll leave you to act in privacy and collect it after your mission is over.”

 

Rip Hunter departed.

 

“To do that we’d have to learn what combination of chemicals caused his powers, take that combination back through time and provide lightning as well. We just can’t do all that on our own,” said Atom, “We’ll have to form a team composed partly of Super Villains with the gifts necessary to get the job done. They’ll help us in return for a fresh start. It’ll be a group of people specially selected to bring the Silver Age Flash about in the Golden Age. We’ll call it the Silver Age Squad.”

 

Soon Atom had assembled his team, and was addressing them.

 

“Alright we have the Silver Age Squad members as follows: Mouse Lad and myself, newly shrunken to tiny size once again, Livewire, who will provide the simulated lightning fired in a specific direction, guided by my hands at full size (while she is blindfolded to preserve the Silver Age Flash’s young identity), me to prepare the exact chemicals needed, as I have the scientific knowledge and the size control to sneak into his laboratory in 1956 and obtain the chemicals. The chemicals will be set up in the teenage boy’s room while he’s at school. I will lead a blindfolded Catwoman and Livewire to the property, so that they don’t learn the address and identity of the Silver Age Flash. Then Mouse Lad will help Catwoman to break in. She will then plant the chemicals. Livewire will hide outside the window and wait until the boy is in his room and then send the lightning at the chemicals. Before the boy even realizes that he’s become the Silver Age Flash, I’ll lead the women away, return them to the present, and then go back and introduce the Silver Age Flash to the Golden Age Flash’s widow.”

 

“So one lightning emblem character, namely me, will actually help create another,” said Livewire, who had acquired her own abilities earlier than the 1990s in this new timeline.

 

“That’s basically it,” said Atom.

 

“And I get to work with the beautiful Catwoman,” said Mouse Lad.

 

“When this is over I’ll make an oven roast of you the first chance I get,” snarled Catwoman.