- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Now that that is over, hi! I'm Ghostbuster5. I'm new round here, and this is my first story. So... CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM!!! Please and thank you! Tell me what I'm doing right, and what I'm doing wrong. Thanks again!


My name is Jared. I live in Hospins, the last known population of humans. A cheery village. Last week our population hit 112 with Mrs. Johnson giving birth to a healthy baby boy. Hospins is the last town of humans. We are led under The Protector, a magician with such great power and many golems that he had formed. The most important golem of all is the Golem that guards the Barrier. No one must get near the golem or else risk the loss of our only defense against the Outside.

The Outside, the Dark Forest. We've seen shadows of horred creatures. Some of the smaller of these, those that are barely smaller than our huts, try to get in, but the Barrier is made of strong magic. It keeps the Outside creatures out. But it allows the Great Rains in and the Horred Floods out. It also allows us to go in and out as we please. The Protector is a genius sorceror.

Everyone in Hospins had a job. There were Builders who made structures taller than themselves. There were the Golem Keepers, who made sure the golems were kept in good conditions. Then there was the Farmers. I was one of these. I worked on my Golem in the Corn Field from when the Sun is directly overhead to when it sets. It has been this way since I turned fifteen this year. It is a very enjoyably job.

My Golem has six arms, made for collecting the actual corn from the stalks, and a spinning, sharp mouth, to cut the stalks and shred them to use for fertilizer. I was working in the field when the Unclean One approached.

"Hey kid. Come here." He gestured for me to come closer, the unholy golden bottle in his hand. It was the law. Those that are younger must do what an elder tells of them. I steer my golem over to him.

"Can I help you?" I ask through gritted teeth.

"Come down." He wheezed. I tightened my knuckles and snarled, but I did as I was told. As soon as I was in his arm length he slammed his golden bottle over my head, and my hair was matted with drink and, as I learned later, blood.

I slump over, and the man immediatly grabs me, trying to pull my pants down, while simultaneously trying to rid himself of his own.  I cry out in pain and terror, and grab at my golem, begging it to help me. It just stood there, purring slightly, as if it was pleased with my predicament.

"Let go!" The Unclean One wheezed.

"No!" I yelled. An act of defiance. I tried desperately to gain a strong hold on my golem's back, and I hit the specialized part of it that allowed me to maneuver it. It immediately started up, and began moving. Faster and faster, crop being cut down in its wake. The Unclean One tried to keep his grip.

"Stop it! Turn it off! Off!" The Unclean One screamed. Off? Turn off? Those words meant nothing to me. I had no idea their meaning. Was it a magic word? A word that will stop the golem?

"Turn it off!" I yelled, trying these words. The golem did not respond. It took a paticularly nasty turn. sending the Unclean One to the ground. The golem turned, and roared towards the Unclean One. I gasped and he screamed. The golem ate him, slicing him, and sending red everywhere. I just sat there, stunned, as the golem stopped moving.

I knew the Protector had seen. He sees all from his magic glass. All of the magic floating windows in the air. He knows. He must know that I didn't mean to do such a heinous act. In fact, the Royal Guard were coming as I though this.

The Royal Guard, four knights and their leader listened to the Protector and enforced rule. These were amazing people, and have become one with their golems. Their golems granted them power over lightning. They were able to hit the Bad Ones with it.

The Bad Ones were those who refused to follow the rules in Hospins. They were brought before the Golem That Guards the Barrier, and this golem was fed a little bit of the Bad One's unholy essence. The Bad One is then forced out of the barrier. Their essence is then blocked and not allowed in the Barrier ever. The Golem then screeches loudly, allowing any near Giant Ones to hear. The Giant Ones would then take the Bad One and justice was served.

"I can walk on my own. You don't have to hold my arm." I tell the Guards that had my arms.

"Ha, yeah right." The one holding my right arm laughed. I realized we were not heading towards The Protecter's great castle.

"Wh-where are we going?" I ask.

"The Protector told us that you ruined two and a half week's worth of food and killed a person. Two of the most enforced laws. So you are not being judged in front of the entire town like most."

"What? No!" I scream and begin trying to get out of their iron-clad grip. The Golem That Guards the Barrier loomed ahead, its long tongue waiting to pierce my skin and drink of my essence. I did the one thing I could do. I stomped on the exposed foot of the guard to my right. He let go, screaming. I grabbed his arm and used the Golem's lightning to shock the one next to me.

"Hey!" The Leader yelled. I ran. Out of the Barrier. "Get him!" The two that hadn't previously held me chased after me, and into the Forest.

It became immediately darker, for the trees that easily towered over me blocked the sun. It wasn't like night, but everything was harder to see. I ran around huge trunks, trying to get away from the two following me. I glanced back, trying to figure out if I had managed to escape. And ran smack dab into a tree.

The air was forced out of my lungs, and I collapsed on the ground. As I was about to get to my feet, I was kicked in the stomach. The air was absent from my lungs again.

"You stupid kid. Forget the giants. We're going to kill you here and now." The taller of the two snarled. I felt a painful, burning sensation across my back.

"I love these tazers." The shorter one said wickedly. Tazers? What kind of magic is that? "You gonna go against us anymore?" I felt a pain in the side of my head, and I rolled over, in time to see the man putting his foot back down. The beating and kicking went on for a long few minutes.

"Alright. I think he's had enough. Let's kill him now." The man tapped something on his golem that surrounded his forearms. Electricity, a bright red flew down its arms. He pulled back for a punch.

"Oh? So this is what disturbed my sleep?" A loud feminine voice asked. 

Chapter End Notes:

My name is not Jared. Just the character. So don't call me that. No giantess yet. That's the next chapter, and I am really sorry I left you with a cliff hanger before what was obviously the giantess scene, but my computer could freak out at any moment. See you next chapter!