- Text Size +

Lettie was nervous as she dressed.  It was the first time she’d seen Kurt since the shrinking incident, and she wasn’t sure how this was going to go.  Still, he’d called her and invited her to come over to his house.  That was a good sign.



In fact, Lettie had been in contact with virtually no one from her school while she was being home-schooled.  The home-schooling was a functional necessity because of the shrinking incident.  The only people she’d seen regularly had been her best friend, Cat, and her brother, Ty.



Mom checked in.  “Oversized clothes? Really?” she said.  “I’d have thought you’d go the other way, under the circumstances.  I mean, the brown sweater and off-white skirt are nice, but so … big.”



“It’s a cool day, and I’ve got some clothes to deal with any shrinkage stashed underneath these things, Mom,” Lettie said.  It suddenly struck her as odd how casually she said that.  Then again, everything about her life had been odd since the last time she saw Kurt.



Lettie had asked Kurt to a school dance and he had laughed in her face.  He immediately apologized, but that didn’t keep her hidden ability to shrink from triggering for the first time due to her embarrassment.  Worse, she started to shrink out of her clothes.  She was left dragging her oversize top with her to stay decent and hiding inside her locker.  At one point her embarrassment was so bad she had shrunk to the size of a bug.



Lettie smiled confidently at her mom, and stood her full 5-foot-9.  “Besides, I’ve got the powers I inherited from Grandma a lot more under control now,” the teen said.  “I’ll be fine.”



“Well, you’ve got to go out sometime, I guess,” Mom said.  “I just wish you had Cat and Ty with you.”



Here it comes, Lettie thought.



“You know, I think that Ty is sweet on you,” Mom said.  “And he seems like such a nice boy.  I don’t know why you’re so focused on Kurt.”



“First of all, I’m not focused on Kurt,” Lettie said.  “I just think he wants to apologize for the way all this stuff started, and he seems like a nice guy himself.  And as for Ty, I mean, he’s my best friend’s brother.  That’s so weird.”



Mom shrugged.  “Your call,” she said.  “Good luck today.”



Lettie leaned down to kiss her Mom’s cheek.  “I’ll be fine,” she said.



During the walk to Kurt’s house, Lettie couldn’t help but think of her name sake grandmother, the original “Shrinkin’ Violette.”  She had first shrunk when she was what would now be called a preschooler.  It had been so hard for Lettie; how had Grandma Vi gotten through it?  Yet she had, helped stop some spies and wound up, years later, becoming a top U.S. spy.



It was from her grandma that Lettie had inherited her powers.  Yet her grandma had said she had a second power, and that there were others the process might have given her that could be passed on to her descendants.  What could they be? Lettie wondered.  They were still waiting for the journals Grandma Vi had saved in case one of her descendants developed the powers, but they hadn’t arrived yet, and Grandma Vi was no longer alive to ask.



Soon Lettie arrived at Kurt’s house.  She rang the doorbell.  Kurt was there, opening the door within a minute.  “C’mon in,” he said, gesturing with his free hand.



Once inside, Lettie looked around.  The multilevel house’s living room had a very high ceiling.  There was a large sofa along one wall, a couple of chairs and a large fireplace.



“Have a seat,” Kurt said.  “You want something to drink?  You know, some juice or soda or something?”



“Sure,” Lettie said.  “Soda sounds good.”



Kurt went into the kitchen and came back with two large plastic tumblers filled with a caramel-colored soda.  It didn’t foam like root beer, so Lettie assumed it was cola.



“Here you go -- Whoops!” Kurt said, practically flinging the tray at Lettie.  Both tumblers of soda dumped all over her, getting in her hair and all over her light-colored skirt.  She stood up in shock.



As Lettie stood, one of Kurt’s buddies popped out from a doorway behind the stairs and started taking pictures on his cell phone.  Twso other boys Lettie had seen Kurt with stepped into view, and all were laughing at her, as was Kurt.



“I guess you’re all wet!”  Kurt roared.



Lettie’s brow furrowed.  “You said you wanted to apologize!”



Before Kurt could answer, the boy taking pictures asked, “I’ve got the first round of documentation, man.  When’s she start shrinking?”



Lettie’s jaw dropped.  “You did this on purpose?  To make me shrink?” she sputtered.



“We needed scientific documentation,” Kurt laughed.  “This is an experiment, see, Lettie.”



Lettie could guess where this “experiment” was supposed to end, since she was surrounded only by leering boys.  But she wasn’t embarrassed.  She was angry.



Lettie walked over to Kurt, her lips pressed thinly together in anger before she spoke.  She glared down at him.  “You did this on purpose!” she shouted.  “You wanted to shrink me out of my clothes and, what?  What did you have planned for your little ‘experiment’ then, huh?”



The girl grabbed Kurt bu his shirt front and lifted him up in the air.  As she did, she heard the other boys swearing.  One of them -- she thought it was the one who had taken her picture -- shout, “Let’s get out of here!”



Lettie turned tro look down at the boys as they ran out of the room.  She turned back to Kurt, and realized something was wrong with the situation.  Kurt looked to be half her size, and seemed to be getting rapidly smaller.



What was happening was beginning to register on Lettie when she hit her head on the ceiling.  Still holding Kurt aloft, she collapsed to the floor.  There was no doubt about it; she was growing, and fast.



Lettie took a moment to practice the centering techniques her mother had taught her.  After a few cleansing breaths, her growth had significantly slowed, but not completely stopped.



“How high are these ceilings?” she asked Kurt.



“Eighteen feet,” he whimpered.



Based on her relative size to both the ceilings and Kurt, Lettie calculated she was now about 24 feet all, and still growing.  Fortunately, her sweater still covered her boobs, but they were huge.  In fact, they looked far bigger to Lettie than they had before, and her chest beneath them looked massive, as well.



Lettie could see her legs, which looked like they belonged on a bodybuilder and were adding muscle even faster than they were lengthening.  She couldn’t see her torso below her boobs.  She slipped her hips off to one side and gasped.  There was an incredible set of ripped abs showing beneath her huge and growing chest.  The skirt, which had been nearly floor-length, was now a miniskirt to her, and still seemed to be shrinking.



Trading Kurt to her left arm (he felt like he weighed nothing now), she flexed her right arm and gasped.  She didn’t just have guns; she had howitzers!  Her biceps and forearms were colossal and, like everything else on her, were still growing.



Realizing she was passing 30 feet in height, and not wanting to hit her head on the ceiling again, Lettie took a few more cleansing breaths.  This time the growth stopped.  She figured she was now 32 feet tall, roughly.  Her bustline was bigger than the sofa, barely covered by her poor, stretched-thin brown sweater.  Her booty was also still covered by her skirt, but her legs, thick as oak trees with muscle, were completely exposed.  She flexed her arm again, and took joy in realizing her biceps were between eight and nine feet around.  They were almost certainly well over 100 inches now.  She could feel the power surging through them.



Suddenly Lettie realized Kurt was crying.  She turned to look at him.  He was sobbing and squirming as she held him aloft.  “Please, please, let me go,” he whimpered.



“Like you were going to let me go?” Lettie said, feeling her anger return slightly.



Kurt could feel her hand starting to enlarge as he drew even nearer the ceiling.  “Please, please,” he wailed.  Lettie realized he was peeing his pants in fear.



Her anger subsided as she stared at the pitiful little boy, now doll-size to her 34-foot frame.  “Poor Kurty,” she said.  “You thought you’d have fun, but you didn’t count on me getting angry.  See what happens now when I get angry, Kurty?”



Looking terrified, he nodded.



“What’s the matter, Kurty?  Don’t you like me when I’m angry?”



Lettie realized almost immediately that Kurt didn’t know how to answer the question.  If he said the wrong thing, it might make her angry again.  He was panicking.



Lettie smiled gently.  “Relax, Kurty,” she said.  “I’m not going to hurt you.  But, spread the word among your friends.  This was a really bad idea, and you know that now, don’t you?”



Kurt nodded wildly.



Lettie put him down gently on the floor.  “I need to relax a bit so I can get out your door,” she said, “and I think you need to change your pants.  Goodbye, Kurt.”



Kurt tore upstairs to his room.  She heard him lock the door.  She chuckled; as strong as she was now, that locked door was no deterrent at all.



Lettie did some muscle relaxation exercises in addition to her controlled breathing.  She actually hated feeling her muscles shrink, but she didn’t want to do any damage to the house if she could help it.  That would just cost money, and heaven only knew how much.




Soon Lettie was down to about 12 feet tall, able to crawl through the door.  She still had a 90-inch chest below her K-cup boobs, biceps measuring about 44 inches each and a waist just slightly larger than her biceps.  Her skirt came to her knees now, showing off both her shapely booty and her muscular calves.  The washboard abs peeked out occasionally from the sweater, now a bit too short on her long torso.



Once outside, Lettie stood up.  She decided she’d walk home like this.  She wasn’t angry enough to grow, but she’d been learning to control her shrinking in the last few weeks, and she’d learn to control her growing, too, eventually.  Then she could be as big and strong as she wanted.



Lettie glanced back at Kurt’s house.  “What a loser,” she muttered.  Then she pivoted and walked home.  She chuckled as she walked.  Wait until Mom sees me now! she thought.