- Text Size +

  I woke up early Sunday morning, feeling refreshed. I slept very well that weekend. Any work-related stress I had felt was now a memory. Annie was there with me, at the breakfast table. Despite having just woken up, her smooth, brown hair was well-behaved.

  I told her I liked meeting Liz. Annie told me they had been best friends since middle school. Liz was the first person she told about her powers, and the only one, until she met me. I figured that since they had known each other for so long, and Annie had shared her big secret with her, they must have a very close friendship. I was still marveling at the fact that she chose to share such an intimate secret with me. Whatever the reason, I was glad she did. This month certainly would not have been as fun if I had to watch a normal teenage girl, and I doubt I would have been interested in getting to know her better. I was glad I was getting to know her. I continued to be enthralled at how sweet and full of surprises she was.

  I asked her if she had fun that weekend, at the fair and at the mall. She smiled calmly, and told me she did. Then I told her that I enjoyed the weekend, and spending time with her during the previous week as well. I sat there beside her at the table, and we looked at each other for a minute. Annie's eyes shone with that mysterious sparkle. I'm sure other people noticed it too, as they wondered what more there was to this sweet young girl. I suddenly found myself wanting to say something to her, but words failed me. I wanted to tell Annie what a special girl she was. I wanted to make sure she knew. I opened my mouth, but I just couldn't put it into words. I surveyed her eyes closely for any sign that she knew what I was thinking. Her eyes seemed to be telling me that she liked me, too. Suddenly, she got up from her chair, leaned over to me, and kissed me on the cheek. She returned to her chair, and continued her breakfast, smiling to herself.

  Later, we went out to get some groceries. When we got back, Annie had some homework to do. I walked into the living room. Since Annie was occupied, I was unsure of what to do with myself. I looked on the table beside the couch, and I saw my book, which had been sitting there since earlier the previous week. I had brought that book thinking I would need it to pass the time during the month, but I had been having so much fun with Annie that I hadn't even thought about it for a week. I smiled to myself as I remembered Annie wearing my glasses, teasing me. I sat down and started to read the book.

  Later that night, Annie came out into the living room, and turned on the television. She was watching that anime series she liked, Intergalactic Princess Hero Team. She invited me to watch it with her. I sat down next to her on the couch. Since I was unfamiliar with the show, she started to explain the plot and characters to me. During the commercial break, she shrunk me to about an inch tall, without even tearing her gaze from the television screen. She carefully picked me up between her fingers, and lifted me to her face. I saw her lips before me widen into a mischievous grin, before she placed me on top of her head. I fell onto her soft, sweet-smelling hair with a plop, as her large yet gentle hand retreated behind the horizon of her head. The show came back on, and I watched from my "balcony seat" as Annie continued to explain the show to me.

***

  The next day at work, Linda called me into her office to talk. I sat down in the chair in front of her desk. I was thinking that my wife looked very nice that day. She had on a stylish business suit. She wore dark lipstick. Her hair was done up in the usual bun. She was telling me that the merger negotiations were going well, and that she was pleased with my work on the database. Typical office talk. Just as our meeting seemed to be drawing to a close, she pressed a button on her desk phone, and told her secretary to hold her calls. Then she got up and locked her office door. I had some inkling of where this was going.

  Linda sauntered back over to my chair, and began massaging my shoulders, a little roughly. She continued talking, and although I could tell she was trying to sound seductive, it still sounded strangely like business talk.

  "You know, Will, I dictated an office-wide memo to Cory today. There should be a copy waiting on your desk when you get back. It states that from now on, from 12 to 12:30 every day, I am not to be disturbed in my office. The official purpose for this policy change is so that I may focus on the merger negotiations. Of course... that's not the only purpose."

  She spun my chair around, and stopped it with her hands. My head was still spinning. She smiled at me, hungrily, and we kissed. I gave in willingly to my boss and wife. Suddenly, she stood back and spun my chair again. I held on tightly as I watched her office whirl around me, catching snapshot glimpses of her walking back behind her desk as she undid her blouse. The room slowly stopped spinning, and I saw Linda sitting behind her desk.

  "Well, my little worker bee, I must say that your initiative continues to impress me."
  She reached her hand below the desk, and I heard her take of one of her pumps, then the other.
  "Your Queen has another task for you, and if you make her happy, she is bound to reward your effort."

  She set her legs on the desk in front of me. I swallowed. As Linda looked on expectantly, I realized what I had to do. I reached over and pulled her stockings off, down past her knee, and off her foot. Her sweaty soles lay before me. Suddenly Linda got up off her chair, and perched on her desk, on all fours, like a mighty tigress. She leaned in and kissed me.

  "Make your Queen happy," she said. She smiled. "Say 'Yes, your highness'".
  "Yes, your highness."

  She set her behind down, and her long-nailed fingers curled around the edge of the desk. She extended her foot to my face, practically shoving it in my mouth. I did my best to please her feet, licking and kissing. She started moaning in excitement, and I couldn't help but feel aroused as well. I worked hard at it for a long time, eagerly anticipating my "reward," finally getting a bit sick from the salty, bitter taste. Suddenly, she put her feet over my shoulders, and squeezed my head with her ankles.

  "Ooh... that's very good. I'm sure you want your reward, hm? Well, not so fast. Queen bee has another job for you..."

  Using only her legs, she jerked my head toward her, nearly slamming my head into the desk in the process. She lifted her black business skirt, and I saw that she wasn't wearing anything underneath. I gulped as I realized what kind of "job" lay before me.

***

  I was in the restroom, washing my face in the sink, and checking my hair and shirt in the mirror to make sure I didn't look too frazzled. Hoping that no one would walk in, I leaned toward the faucet and took several mouthfuls of water and spit them forcefully into the sink. Wiping my mouth on my sleeve, I looked up at my reflection in the mirror, practicing my "just your average workday" face. I sighed, and I shut off the faucet. I exited the restroom, and made my way back to my desk.

  When I sat down at my desk, and tried to focus on my work again, I found that I couldn't, and I was again visited by the same unsavory feeling I felt after our last tryst. I knew that my wife missed me while I was away from home, and I had been telling myself I wanted to please her, but lately, something inside me didn't feel right about the way things were going. I stared at the memo on my desk, its bleak prose boxed into tight, left-aligned paragraphs.

  Suddenly, I remembered something. I reached down beside me and grabbed my bag. I placed it on my desk, and unzipped it. I reached in to find what I was looking for, but instead found something unexpected. I pulled the object out. It was Annie's pink shrunken teddy bear from the fair! In an instant, my mood improved. I had no doubt that this was one of Annie's surprises, surprises which always seemed to be pleasant. I set the bear down on the desk, and reached into the bag again, until I found the box of dark chocolate hazelnut truffles I bought for Linda.

  I sat there, looking at the two objects on my desk. I thought for a minute, and put both the box of chocolates and the bear in my bag, and placed it back on the floor.

***

  When I came home, Annie greeted me as usual. She eagerly asked me about my day, and I told her it went well. I set my bag on the kitchen table, and pulled out the teddy bear. When she saw it she smiled. She explained that she thought I seemed stressful last week from work, and she thought that her "surprise" would cheer me up. She asked me if it put me in a good mood, and I told her it did. I told her I had a surprise for her, too. I pulled the chocolates out of the bag, and handed them to her.

  "For me?" she asked excitedly, as she took the gold foil-wrapped box. "Thank you, Will!"

  She hastily tore the foil wrapping, and removed the lid of the box, revealing the yummy treats inside. Fifteen hazelnut truffles lay inside the box, lined up three by eight. Her brown pupils seemed like reflections of the sweet chocolate treats, as she eyed her gift with grateful relish.