- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Epilogue
* * * * *

Well, it's been one year since my shrinkage. And, the girls' prediction turned out to be right. While my folks, the police, and the FBI all conducted massive searches for me, none of them ever found me. Primarily, because no one was searching for a shrunken martial arts champion who still occasionally dresses like a clown!

Fortunately, for me, I'm only made to do that when strangers, or friends and relatives not in the know, come over to the deluxe hotel penthouse the girls live in when they're not videorecording their latest episode of "Twirlercise." You see; six months ago, N-zymex (as Irv Duncan's employers have brand-named it) finally hit supermarket shelves. And, it's become the hottest thing in the weight-loss field since Thigh Master!

Of course, it hasn't hurt that the makers of N-zymex sponsor "Twirlercise." Or, that the girls are receiving five percent of all profits generated from sales of both it and mail-order DVD's of their show.

When I'm not forced to wear the clown suit, all I get to wear are the red-white-and-blue trunks from the "Thresher Sharkey" action-figure line manufactured by Nakafusa Toys in Japan. It seems they've become a hot item since my... "disappearance." So, guess what?

Ramona threw out my shrunken street clothes!

Of course, the very first second I complained about that, seven pairs of hands took turns grabbing me up and tickling my feet! Following which, they calmed me down by rubbing my head with their index fingers, while simultaneously humming "The Itsy-Bitsy Spider."

As for Ramona's dad? He made enough money from his share of the sales profits to retire from teaching and open his own marine biology institute. He also gave San Ildefonso University's Music Department a very generous endowment. Their marching band has all new uniforms, now. Blue-white-and-gold.

Ramona and the girls, however, still wear their purple uniforms. Partly, to differentiate themselves from the band's current twirl line. And, partly, to always remind me of how we first met.

Masochistic as it might sound, though? I don't regret it! They're very gentle with me, for the most part. They only tickle my feet to punish me. And, even then, it's only when I've done something seriously wrong...in their eyes.

Still, I can only hope nothing like this ever happens, again, to any other mixed martial arts fighter.

* * * * *

OMNISCIENT AUTHOR P.O.V.

Dan Chan was not a materialistic soul. Just the same, he felt his eyes become rounder than those of an anime character when he looked at the retrofitted Concorde awaiting them at Newark International Airport, in New Jersey.

"I thought these aircraft had been permanently retired!"

"The CEO of Interchem bought one of them for his own personal use. Unfortunately, the fuddy-duddies at the FAA still won't allow one to land at Kennedy or LaGuardia. Even after all this time! So, this was the next best thing we could arrange."

"Well, I must admit, Mr. Duncan, I am duly impressed. And, it will be an honor to spar with Raoul Arnista. If only as part of a 'mistaken identity slug-fest' for a direct-to-video film! The only thing better would have been a full-contact match with 'Thresher' Sharkey. But, one cannot control the vagaries of Fate. Can one?"

Irv Duncan grinned like a Cheshire cat with rabies.

"I couldn't have said it better, myself, Mr. Chan."

THE END?