- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The trio stock up within Ant Town and head towards Zuika's Tree...

    The trio were ready to head out with Izoku for Zuika's Tree. At least, they had it planned out. As they exited the back “meeting room”, they took this chance for Izoku to truly show them around Ant Town, so they could see all they could see and get to know this place before they left. There was a lot for them to see in this place, and they would need to pick up some supplies from the shops and stores here before they headed out. Climbing a tree was no simple task and they didn't know what sort of vermin they would encounter on their way there or on their way up.

    The first area they came to was an intersection of sorts. They vaguely remembered seeing what led from each path that came out from it. To the North was the library, to the east was a pub, to the northwest was where they'd just come from, and that's all they'd seen thus far. They walked past a group of students and ants as they went for the west path, not knowing what was in there. Among the red carpet in the intersection was one specific pair. One of the mages, along with an ant were spitting at the corner. It almost looked like they were shooting off spit wads. In the West path was what looked like a classroom. One of the professors was teaching about stealthy maneuvers to a host of students, along with an ant that was sitting at a desk, just like the rest of them.

    Coming back to the intersection, they took the south path, finding no point in going back to the library or the pub. That wouldn't help prepare them for what was to come. After traveling through another path, however, they came to something that would help them. Finding another intersection, they traveled west to find a red fire ant behind the counter, with what looked like weapons and equipment behind him. They all approached him, hoping he could be of service to them. “I'm responsible for taking care of our weapons and such. Can you humans even use them?”

    The three of them didn't really care if ants had made them or not. Pulling out his wallet of money, Hitoshi asked the ant what he had for them. The weapons they were shown were very different, to be sure. They were made from small objects, but the crafting looked remarkably done. As they looked over everything, all three of them found something that looked more useful than what they already had. They sold their old weaponry, and each bought a new weapon. Hitoshi got a large sword made from glass shards, Tarou a staff fitted with a large seed, and Sei a dagger that was made from the point of a needle.

    Apart from that, they were also able to all get their armor off. It had been scratched up, quite a bit, from all the insects, scorpions, and such that had fought against them, especially from that horde of them Izoku had helped them fight. They sold all of their former armor and replaced them with new ones. Hitoshi bought a suit of armor made from a beetle carapace, Tarou a robe made of moth wings, and Sei a suit that was made from leaves. It wasn't the greatest-looking thing in the world, but they all felt sturdy and safe. “Make sure to stop by again!” said the ant, as they walked away. “You never know what sort of creations I might tinker up with what I find laying around outside.”

    After leaving the shop behind, they headed south-east, towards another intersection. They hadn't seen anything of this thus far, so they decided to head east, the first of the two paths. Upon making their way around the corners, they found another shop. An ant was behind the counter, once again, and there were two students hanging around the shop. One was a Cat=-person, and the other a human, whom had the unfortunate fate of having been found by Masako at the beach, of all places. Since the ants didn't sell clothes, he was stuck, walking around in nothing but his swimming trunks and shades. He would surely be good nice and chilly at night.

    Hitoshi looked at his wallet and realized that they didn't really have a lot of money left, even after selling all of their old equipment. They all looked at each other and quickly pulled out their supplies, to see what they needed the most of. After taking a few minutes to go over everything they had, they realized that they were a little short on Quality Potions and Turbojolt Salts. Deciding on things, Hitoshi turned towards the counter, he bought as much as he could of those two items. By the time they'd nearly run out of money, they had 3 more Quality Potions and 2 more Turbojolt Salts. It wasn't ideal, though. They still needed more supplies. They'd lost a lot when they had gotten shrunk.

    They looked north, only to find a cafeteria, where they could buy food. Being short on money, they decided to pass on the food. They still had a fair amount of food with them, anyways. As they headed towards the entrance, they thought about stopping to do something about their lack of supplies. The only problem was that they needed more money and didn't really have much to sell. They thought about things as they headed out the door, where the class president and the blonde mage were guarding the door, ensuring that nothing would be coming in to attack them.

    As they reached the opening of Ant Town, it was very quiet on campus. They all looked around as Izoku stated the obvious. “It seems class is not yet over.” They all agreed on his obvious statement. Tarou spoke of what they should do about this. “We should hurry, then.” Hitoshi nodded, agreeing as well. “Right. To Zuika's Tree, east of the dorms.” They began to head out, realizing that it would be no quick trek over to the tree. They could see the area where the tree stood from where they were, but they had a lot to get through.

    They hugged along the walls of the buildings, taking out small spiders that found their home near those buildings along the way. Having Izoku around to dish out a quick Jigoku Raijin was definitely useful for them. The rest of them could easily conserve their strength. As they got around the first dorm building, however, they found a problem. They came to the garden area, only to find mass amounts of insects and animals around the main paths. Trying to play it safe, they took the longer route and went into the garden, to avoid confrontations with too many of those beasties. It would take longer to get to their destination, but they would arrive there with less wounds and scratches...