- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Izoku and the trio decide on a course of action, to head towards an old tree and procure a shard of a Macroforce Crystal, hopefully before class is let out and they have giant students to deal with...
“Crystal shards?” asked Tarou, still confused about this plan of his. “We do not have that sort of magical energy available to us, Izoku-san. Please, elaborate.” They were all confused about this plan that Izoku had in mind. Even if thy were able to collect the shattered remains of a Macroforce Crystal, how would they even use it? Did he expect them to be able to harness it's power and somehow reverse the effect, returning one of them, or all of them to their prior height, so they could alert everyone else and fight against Masako?

Izoku threw a bit of a blunt, yet real truth on what was going on. “Masako is going to use her newly-gathered Macroforce to revive the Red Queen, whether we like it or not. Uncharged shards of these crystals that are used to trap macroforce might be capable of having a backwards effect on her.” His plan was coming to light, confirming that he wasn't planning on using these shards on them, but rather, the Red Queen. “Basically, if we use these shards as weapons, they may be able to banish her.” He stopped speaking, allowing everyone in the area to process what he'd just proposed.

It might have just been as reckless as going to get the girls' attention, as far as Hitoshi was concerned. “You want us to fight the Red Queen...fight against some kind of goddess? Izoku, you might be strong enough for that, but the rest of us are not! We're not cut out for what you're proposing!” It all seemed insane, at this point. How would they fight against someone revered as a Goddess? If Masako had so much power at her disposal, just how much would the Red Queen, herself, have? They might be better off, just running around at everyone's feet, hoping someone sees them.

“I never said it would be easy...” replied Izoku, partially understanding the skepticism Hitoshi held in his plan. “...but anything else worth trying would be utter suicide!” The situation turned a little bit. Hitoshi was extremely flustered and frustrated, at this point, and he didn't know what to do. After hearing those words from Izoku, he immediately turned from the rest of the group and began to walk out of the room. Both of his comrades turned towards him and watched him leaving. Sei called out to him, asking him where he was going.

Hitoshi was being extremely stubborn about these matters. He had his mind set on doing one thing, and only one thing. He knew Izoku wasn't going to like it, but at this point, he didn't really care. “Our mission is not over. We must report to Principal Ayuka! The three of us are under orders. We must find a way to make it happen!” Within a matter of seconds, he had Izoku right in front of him, shaking his head towards him. “Listen, I know how you feel, Hitoshi, but I think you are letting blind determination sway your common sense!”

An argument was brewing between these two, and Hitoshi wasn't going to hold back on his beliefs, just because one person didn't think it was such a good idea. He felt strongly about returning, and he wanted to do it. “...and I think you've spent way too many years playing it safe and hiding! Are you too afraid to take risks, Izoku? Is that I?” This caused an enormous reaction out of Izoku. He suddenly stopped and started backing away from him. Hitoshi had struck something. He was wincing as he looked back towards him.

“Alright...I'll make you a deal, Hitoshi. If you help me find one shard of the crystal, only one, and I'll help you get your principal's attention.” He stopped for a moment, looking down towards the ground as he continued. “...and then, I'll fight the Red Queen alone, if I must...” He had managed to calm Hitoshi down, though, which was a good sign. The young warrior had a smile on his face and he nodded his head towards Izoku, agreeing to take part in this plan that was underway. “Okay, Izoku-san...Once we reach her, however, we will NOT be alone in our fight. You'll see.”

Hitoshi was right about one thing, though. Having been in a hopeless situation for so long had done something to the trust and faith he had about certain things. He was afraid to admit it, but he did so, anyways. “I'm sad to admit this, but twelve years of near hopeless circumstances has made it hard for me to put faith and hope in such lofty wishes. However...I hope you're right, kid. I hope you're right.” There was part of Izoku that wanted to believe in this hope, that they really could get Ayuka's attention and get the help they sorely needed.

The argument was over, or so they hoped. Realizing that their next destination would be somewhere these crystal shards remained, Tarou spoke up. He wouldn't even know the first place to start looking for these things. He only hoped that Izoku did. “...and just where shall we be going to find these crystal shards?” Izoku looked back at them and confirmed that they were nearby. “Over the years, the shards have been scattered all around the surrounding area. I cannot say where all of them lie, but there is one that was carried by a bird to the dead tree to the east.”

They knew of the tree Izoku spoke of. It was a landmark of the academy, and one of the students, a girl named Shiori, made a habit of staying near it whenever she had free time. Sei spoke up, asking for confirmation about said tree. “Do you mean Zuika's tree? The one that Shiori is always hanging around?” Izoku's head nodded to confirm. “That is correct. I have never been able to climb it by myself, but with your help, we might just make it.”

“Let's do it, then!” said Hitoshi. “Every moment we waste makes the academy in more danger.” Tarou and Sei soon joined Hitoshi, ready to head out for the tree, to get this shard of crystal and then go towards Ayuka. “Hitoshi...” said Izoku, standing still for a moment, thinking deeply on how the previous conversation had developed. “I admire the willpower you've got. I only pray it is enough to see this mission of yours through.” Hitoshi stopped for a moment, thinking and grinning towards Izoku's compliment.

He spoke back to him, trying to stress the problem at hand. “Let's get ourselves some of those crystal shards, Izoku-san!” Hitoshi's optimism brought a smile, even to izoku's face. “Right...and find your principal.” The four of them were all set and made their way towards the entrance of Ant Town, their destination beeing Zuika's Tree, to the east, near the lake where Umi normally hung out...