- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The trio try to escape from Masako, but are thwarted by something completely new to them...

The situation was quite grim for the trio of heroes. RPG Land was giving them the bitter taste of the often-used unwinnable battle. They were running out of strength as Masako was finishing up her battle with them, showing them just how powerful she was. They were clearly outmatched, and they were about to lose. However, what fate would befall them? Would she simply knock them out or kill them with a spell, or did the purple-clad sorceress have something else in mind? They were exhausted and were about to find out the very answer to that question.

“It's....n-no use...we can't...she's too strong!” Hitoshi grunted and coughed as he felt every last blow Masako had hit him with collecting in his body. He was strained for energy and could feel pain all over his body, where new bruises had formed. “My power...I'm out of strength...I...” Tarou was in agreement with Hitoshi. He, too, was completely sapped, not having enough strength left to put up a fight against anything, let alone Masako. Sei, the most astounded of the three of them, still looked at Masako's size. “She...she must be 30 feet tall! At least! H-...how is this possible?!”

Masako knew that they were surprised and shocked at the fact that she was so tall, but she wanted to see even more surprise out of them. She had big plans for then. Or, rather, tiny plans would be the more proper term. She wore a smirk on her face, as if those spells hadn't taken anything out of her, as she spoke to the three battle-ridden students. “Believe you, you three, everything is about to look a LOT bigger.” With that statement, she returned herself to her normal height and came forward, grabbing the stash of crystals they had collected in the Seiryuu Forest.

She was slowly walking away from the trio, with the crystals, and Sei had seen the entire thing. Still strained, he forced his body up, realizing that they needed to leave, and they needed to do it right that moment. Clenching his fist, he looked to his comrades, wincing. “You guys...I think that is our cue to make a very swift exit! Let's move!” The purple-haired warrior swallowed his pride and made a dash for the exit. Before Hitoshi and Tarou could even get up to join him, blinding light enveloped him and he disappeared.

“Sei!” Tarou immediately pulled himself up and he saw Sei disappear into thin air. He couldn't believe what he had just seen. A light, a catalyst even, appeared and Sei was just gone, in a matter of seconds. They had seen Masako smiling towards them. What had she done to him?! He was gone...or was he? “What have you--” Tarou was on his way to where Sei was when another light enveloped him, and poof, he was gone. Hitoshi clenched his fists as he got up and slowly backed himself up. “You're...you won't get away with this!” he yelled towards Masako.

Hitoshi was able to still hold himself up as he looked towards Masako. He was going to get out of here, if his life depended on it. Unfortunately, Masako had other plans. She had actually decided to respond to him. Her face turned and her smiling lips opened up as she spoke to him. “Oh, really now? Let's find out if you still feel that way in a few moments, shall we?” Just like with Tarou and Sei, a blinding flash of light appeared all around Hitoshi, enveloping his entire body. It flashed around him, once, and then, he was gone, just like his comrades.

The three of them had not died, however. Hitoshi's eyes adjusted quickly, realizing that they were, indeed, not dead. They were still there, all three of them. Nearly in the same formation they were in moments ago, Masako had not killed them at all. At least...they didn't think so. Unless the Afterlife looked like an endless, hard desert, they were very much alive, though they weren't exactly sure where they were. Well, some of them didn't. Hitoshi tried to catch his breath as he turned to his comrades, realizing that they were quite alright. “W-what just happened....Tarou! Sei! I thought I'd lost you!”

The two of them didn't look very happy to see him. That was confusing. He thinks they're dead, and finds out they're not, and they don't even appreciate his worrying! How dare they not care in a giant desert-like...environment. The two of them had very good reason not to be worried about his worries, though. Sei's eyes were bulging as he looked behind Hitoshi and Tarou spoke to him, directing him to something that was behind him. “Hitoshi...look! Behind you!” His voice had an immense amount of concern in it. As Hitoshi turned around, he would soon realize why.

Beyond them was a huge amount of sky, most of which was completely blurred out, from the lack of being able to see everything that was so far away. Were they really in a desert or...? The situation began to change as one of those immense objects in the distance began to move towards them. Tarou was the only one who could look completely straight, realizing just what it was. His practice in the Arcane arts helped him focus his vision, even on distant objects. He was the only one who saw the horror that was moving towards them.

As the object moved, they felt the ground shake from beneath them. A sharp, nervous pain ran up their legs as they felt what seemed like a small tremor from the ground. The object came closer, and another tremor occurred, a little more devestating than the last. Then another, and another. Eventually, the entire ground was shaking, violently, from underneath them, and it was hard to keep themselves balanced. They could see big rocks near them rattling against the ground. They grouped together, hanging onto one another as they tremors got worse and worse, sending shakes through their entire bodies.

As the object got closer, their eyes were able to adjust to their surroundings much better. The more they adjusted, however, the more grim the situation was looking. Soon, the object stopped, casting a shadow over the three of them. As it stopped the entire form began to make itself apparent, to all three of them. Everything made sense now. As they peered up, they saw what looked like a tall building, hundreds of feet in height. Unfortunately for them, it was no building. They saw the purple shades all over it. All three of them gulped as Sei said what they were all thinking. “You've gotta be kidding...”

High above them was that building, which they now realized was a towering, gigantic leg. It was just just any leg, though. Higher up, they could see more building-sized shapes. Large boots, purple robes, all the way up to that egotistical, black-haired face. Looming over the party was Masako, leering down at them, a grin on her face. She'd taken their size away from them. They now realized they were the size of ants, and they were down in front of her boots. The big rocks they'd seen a moment ago must have been clods of dirt. How they would get out of the shrine now, they didn't dare guess...